A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 am

There once was a mermaid named Cheesecake,
Who spread joy whenever she was awake,
She'd help when you cry,
And if you wonder why,
She was being kind, for kindness sake.
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am


Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Leader of the new Windlyn Rangers!
Self-appointed Captain of the Royal Guard!
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:37 pm

awww so sweet of you,
to think I'm kind!
I also find
that you are too!
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Thinking that of me,
Is more than I should get,
And if I haven't said it yet,
It fills me with glee.

One of the kindest I've known,
That's what you are,
With what you've done so far,
You've helped me grow.
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Hello all you kind and lovely people reading this! ^^

I just thought I'd boop my thread a little, while also talking about a few things I'm enjoying lately! ^^

I may ramble a bit, I hope that's alright! ^^

Firstly; Minecraft. I love it to bits. It's super fun and limitless, or, it seems limitless. Of course, there ARE limits, but you can build nearly anything you come up with. And with mods, there's even less limits! It's really great! However, since the start of Spring, I've been waiting for something that was revealed in November of 2017. That something, is an update. A huge update. It will be known as the Update Aquatic, and it contains many new aquatic themed features, and a few non-aquatic themed features.
For instance, the oceans are getting a complete revamp; water mechanics, swimming, water based creatures, water based plants, fish, and more are being changed and/or added to the game. Another example is this; there will be a new world type known as buffet; you can choose between the three generators Floating Islands, Caves, and Surface, which generate the world in a different way, Floating Islands generates the world in a way that everything is part of floating islands, hence the name, Caves is the opposite, whereas Floating Islands is air all around with pockets of land, Caves is land all around with pockets of air, Surface is basically a surface world, not unlike the regular Minecraft worlds, once you've selected the generator, you can then choose any of the many biomes, and the world will be that one specific biome, generated in whichever way you choose.
Now, I have been waiting for quite some time for this update, and it still hasn't happened. However, I discovered I could use these things called snapshots, which allow me to use the features from the update, as it's being worked on. This, needless to say, is awesome.
But anyway, I wanted to know if any of you play Minecraft, and what your thoughts on the game are.

Next; Yona of the Dawn, Akatsuki no Yona, or The Girl Standing at the Blush of Dawn, whichever title you prefer. Yona of the Dawn is an awesome manga, which had an anime adaptation for one season, but was not popular enough, and the second season never got finished. The manga, however, is still ongoing, and I eagerly await its completion. As of right now, I have not caught up to it, and that is just fine, as it means I won't have to wait for the next chapter to come out yet.
It is an amazing manga about a red-haired princess who is naïve about the world and is in love with her cousin. Her father hates weapons and has been leading a time of peace, though many call him a coward. She has a bodyguard who is the chief of one of the five tribes of the kingdom. The tribes are; the Water tribe, the Fire tribe, the Wind tribe, the Earth tribe, and the Sky tribe, which is the current tribe leading the country at the moment, as the king is from the Sky tribe. One night, on the eve of Yona's 16th birthday, she goes to her fathers bedchamber to talk to him about possibly marrying her cousin. She intends to convince him to let her, as he told her she wasn't allowed. When she goes through the door to his bedchamber, she sees him standing there, a sword sticking out of him, and someone holding that sword. They take out the sword and step into the light. When their face is revealed, it turns out to be her cousin, the one she loves so much. After a brief bit of exposition and monologing, and a fight in which her bodyguard defends her against the palace guards, who were all in on it, she and her bodyguard manage to escape into the woods. Now, beaten, exhausted, confused, heartbroken, and shattered, she is like a doll, staring into nothing, barely doing a thing for herself, and barely reacting to anything. Her bodyguard must do whatever it takes to protect both her already battered body, and already battered mind, and prevent either of them from breaking.
Now, at first, that's all there is, for maybe three or so episodes, but then it starts to pick up, and she starts learning to defend herself and becomes a courageous and persevering person. But I can't tell you anymore without spoiling anything.
Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone watched/read it, and what anyone's thoughts and opinions are.

Alright, and that concludes my ramblings! ^^
Wow, I talked for much longer than intended! Oops! ^^
Well, anyway, I hope everyone is doing well!
This has been; Ramble On with npixelz!
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:41 am

I bet she marries her body guard later, if she is a Princess and he is a Chief. Either that or she finds out she loves him just about the time he gets killed...tragedy seems to go that way and this story sounds tragic, but I hope they give her happiness in the end. (Like the story of Mulan). keep us posted with the summaries... because I don't know if I could emotionally handle reading it when it is so sad!
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 pm

It's actually not as sad afterwards, I merely stated what happened in the first episode. ^^
It's really amazing, you should definitely give it a try if you like manga.
And don't worry, this isn't the kind of manga that kills off its characters. It only did that with the king as a plot point.
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 am

<all around the garden, there's a hustle and bustle of activity.> <there are a whole assortment of mythical creatures going to and fro, busy with preparations for some sort of party.> <the visitors stand, stunned, as, with seemingly little effort, decorations are put up, and the garden is transformed.> <there's a small fairy that seems to have used magic to make their voice louder, shouting orders to all of the creatures.> <"alright, bring the floating flower lanterns over to the right a little more! Put the ice sculptures in a tastefully artistic semicircle at the far end, right behind the cake! Dancing mermaids, if you could go to the centaur in the orange vest, he'll show you where to go! No, don't put up the bursting balloons yet! One wrong touch and they'll burst! Save them till last!> <the visitors are baffled, and don't know what's going on.> {will they... A; ask what's happening? B; try to help without knowing what's going on? C; just watch? Or D ; walk away?}
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 am

I just walked to the library. On the way there, I wore a sweater, since I had noticed a chilly wind. Turns out, it wasn't as chilly as I thought and I ended up sweating rather quickly. I immediately took off the sweater once I got to the library. And on the way back, the wind felt so lovely! It was such a pleasant spring breeze! I loved feeling the wind going through my hair, and swirling around me. Now, if only my allergies hadn't been acting up, it would've been perfect. ^^
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:27 am

Well, it seems no one wants to post in this thread anymore. I don't know why, the fairies haven't done anything bad to them, and the garden itself is still lovely. So why does no one come here anymore? Hmmm... Oh well, not much I can do about it.

Anyways, I'm posting here to talk about something serious, so I would appreciate it if people could respond so we could discuss it.

Alright, here it is.

Consider this; imagine you're in a world where you think everyone is like you, but somehow, at some point, you realize you're wrong. You realize that no one else has free will, no one else has any real personality, no one else has any real emotion. You are the only one in the entire world who has feelings, who has personality, who has free will. Everyone else is programmed with fake emotions, fake personalities, fake free will. You realize that no one actually loves you, no one actually likes you, no one even cares about you. They're programmed to care about you, but it isn't real. The world around you starts seeming more and more gray, more and more flat, more and more fake. You find you can't enjoy anything anymore. How can you? How can you enjoy things when you know you're the only one with free will? How can you enjoy things when no one cares about you? How can you enjoy things when you know it's all fake? You can't, it's impossible. You have the most lonely of existences, you're surrounded by people, but they don't actually care about you, and they never will. You wish you were like them; empty, emotionless, lifeless. If you were like them, you wouldn't have to feel this unbearable pain, you wouldn't have to feel this aching loneliness, you wouldn't have to feel this agonizing sorrow. If you were like them, you wouldn't be alone. Then, one day, someone new appears, someone who never existed in your world before, someone who is like you, someone who is real. This person has REAL emotions, this person has a REAL personality, this person has REAL free will. You rejoice. Now, you won't be so lonely, now you can share the world with someone who is real, now you can enjoy real things. Except you can't. In a cruel twist, the world prevents you from spending any real time with this person. Instead, your 'friends' get to be with them, all the time. They pay attention to your friends, to people who aren't even real, to people who seem to be programmed to love them, just as those people are programmed to be your friends. You cry out at the world, pleading with it, begging it to let you be with this person, asking it how it can be so cruel. This person grows closer to the ones you call friends, and you are forced to watch on the sidelines as your salvation is kept out of arms reach. No matter how you reach for them, this person is beyond your grasp. It's clear that you won't have your salvation, at least, not if you play by the rules of the world. But if you were to change the rules of the world, if you were to play by your own rules, you might get the salvation you've craved for so long. Do you do it? Do you play by your own rules, or do you let the world take from you everything you've ever wanted? What do you choose?
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby galled » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 am

Four things:

1. Putting your happiness in the hands of another is a recipe for disaster. It's foolish because it'll always fail. You are the only one in control over your happiness.
2. If you're not the only one (as there is another out there), know there are others. It's a big world out there, pix!
3. Depends completely on what the rules you refer to are. Details. But I will say that if you have to "trick" someone to be part of your life, you don't want that. That's starting a relationship on a lie/falsehood. Building a house on a bad foundation... you know the rest.
4. The pursuit of happiness is ultimately an empty goal because it's temporal. (You can't have happiness without sadness--you need to be sad sometime to know happy, so neither is permanent.) Seek fulfillment. Fulfillment leads to happiness and not vice versa.

Now chant after me. Ohhhhmmmmm! ;)
User avatar

Server Administrator
online

Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:19 am


Image
Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.

~npixelz


Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:10 pm

1. It's not so much putting your happiness in their hands as it is that you need real social interaction, and they're the only option.
2. I should have mentioned that there isn't others, you are the only one, and this person is not from your world. They also remain the only person from another world who can even be in your world.
3. It is not that you're tricking them, it is quite the opposite. If they were to have a relationship with one of your friends, they would be living a lie because your friends don't truly love them. You are just trying to save them from that while at the same time finding your salvation.
4. I know that, but even if we cannot find complete happiness, the happiness we can find is better than the soul crushing loneliness, and the utter sorrow you've been feeling so far.

And remember, that's all well and good to say now, when you look at the situation without experiencing it, but do you really think you'd be able to think of those things during such a situation? I think not.

But I guess you're saying you'd rather be lonely, sad, and in pain all your life until you eventually go insane. In fact, you're already starting to go a teensy bit crazy, so I guess it won't be too long until you're a complete maniac. Congratulations, you put the needs of fake people over your own! You're such a great person! I'm sure they appreciate it! Oh wait! I forgot. They DON'T appreciate it, not really. For one thing, they'll never know what you sacrificed, for another, even if they did appreciate it, it would be a false appreciation, since they can't feel real emotions. Oh well. At least they're 'happy', or rather, fake happy. And now you're doomed to never find salvation, or happiness, or warmth. But it's ok, because you put your 'friends' desires over your own. What a good person you are.
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby galled » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 pm

I think the trouble you're having here is that you find it hard to accept that you can't have everything. You can't have many things both ways so to speak. There are laws of physics, etc..
[+] SPOILER
npixelz wrote:1. It's not so much putting your happiness in their hands as it is that you need real social interaction, and they're the only option.


So it could be someone else and not that one person only.


npixelz wrote:2. I should have mentioned that there isn't others, you are the only one, and this person is not from your world. They also remain the only person from another world who can even be in your world.


Well, there's a big flaw. If you think like that, there is no solution. The universe is a big place (I'd say for all intents and purposes--and I'd say literally, infinite--especially in the fairy world!). There is no such thing as only one unless you get very, very, specific in your criteria.


npixelz wrote:3. It is not that you're tricking them, it is quite the opposite. If they were to have a relationship with one of your friends, they would be living a lie because your friends don't truly love them. You are just trying to save them from that while at the same time finding your salvation.


Another problem: You can't save someone who does not want to be saved. Also, you can't save everyone.


npixelz wrote:4. I know that, but even if we cannot find complete happiness, the happiness we can find is better than the soul crushing loneliness, and the utter sorrow you've been feeling so far.

And remember, that's all well and good to say now, when you look at the situation without experiencing it, but do you really think you'd be able to think of those things during such a situation? I think not.


Maybe not while you're in the middle of it, but humans have the ability to think and reason--and ultimately suppress animal instinct (I submit that excessive or irrational emotions exist in the same category). I know it's hard to believe, but if we all gave into our emotions unchecked, well, I think you could imagine what society (or lack of) would be like.


npixelz wrote:But I guess you're saying you'd rather be lonely, sad, and in pain all your life until you eventually go insane. In fact, you're already starting to go a teensy bit crazy, so I guess it won't be too long until you're a complete maniac.


No. No one wants that. But there are other options than the one you're solely focusing on.


npixelz wrote:Congratulations, you put the needs of fake people over your own! You're such a great person! I'm sure they appreciate it! Oh wait! I forgot. They DON'T appreciate it, not really. For one thing, they'll never know what you sacrificed, for another, even if they did appreciate it, it would be a false appreciation, since they can't feel real emotions. Oh well. At least they're 'happy', or rather, fake happy. And now you're doomed to never find salvation, or happiness, or warmth. But it's ok, because you put your 'friends' desires over your own. What a good person you are.


I see it as looking after your own needs first. Fulfilling your needs being dependent on other(s) who do not meet you at least half way is a lost cause. And sometimes there's nothing you can do about it because you don't control other people. Which is what makes friendships and relationships so special.
User avatar

Server Administrator
online

Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Did you ever read the book, or see the movie (there were several made), "The Stepford Wives" . The men made clones of their wives in what they felt were the "perfect Image". The wives that weren't changed yet started suspecting something weird was going on and tried to figure out how and why their friend's personalities were changing. Anyway, some of what you were imaging above was brought into play in the story. I preferred the book to any oth the movies but my favorite of the movies was the older version because it was more true to the book. But the later version with the actress Glenn Close put a different twist on the story.

It makes you take a close look at whether having the "perfect" spouse is really what you want or are the imperfections what endear you to that person and make them unique?
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Argh! This is not going the way it was supposed to, at all! No one's perfect, you know! Not everyone can think of these things in the moment! It's all wel and good saying these things in hindsight, but it's a lot harder when it's actually happening! Sure, it was a horrible thing to do! Sure, there were other options! Sure, she didn't really stop to think! But it's not her fault! She's the victim! She was placed in the world simply so she could be aware of everything being fake! Simply so she could become the villain! She suffered through so much, and no one cares about her! Everyone blames her! Yeah, she did some terrible things, but no one even stopped to think about what drove her to do those terrible things! It makes me sick! We all kill thousands, millions of people in video games all the time! Sometimes just for the fun of it! They're not even in our way, they're not even doing anything we dislike, but we kill them because it's fun! Flowie from Undertale did horrible things too! But because it was all fine in the end, and because he became a good guy and regretted it, and because he helped the player out, people forgive him! And yet it was fine in the end after what she did, too! She reset everything! But then the other one decided to go all crazy! That wasn't her fault! And she regretted it all too! As evidenced by her resetting everything! And in that way, she also helped the player out! But no! Let's forgive Flowie and not her! She's such a terrible person! She killed fake people! Oh, how horrible! It makes me sick! It makes me f*cking sick! How dare they!? HOW DARE THEY!? Bunch of mother f*cking hypocrites! And then, I try to get people to admit that they'd act similarly in the same situation, and this bullsh*t happens! You know what!? I'm done! I'm f*cking done! I give up! You win! She's a terrible person! There! Does that make you happy!? Does it!? I hope it does! I hope you're SO pleased with yourself! I hope you smile to yourself with such PRIDE! You WIN! I hope you're happy!
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am



Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby Gingerale » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm sorry, did I miss something? I'm trying to back read and I can't figure out what you are all talking about. Are you portraying a story line or character Npixelz?

In answer to your question above, I'm doing A) asking what's happening and (B) trying to help "without knowing what's going on".

Are you ok, Npixelz? <pats you on the back uncertainly, trying to soothe you>.
User avatar


Local time: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:19 am



PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest