A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (fun little fairy thing starting!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (Fairy Facts starting)

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 am

I was trying to convince people that Monika from DDLC isn't evil, by putting them in her shoes, and it didn't go the way I had expected, so I acted like a spoiled brat, that's all.

Yeah, I'm ok. It's just... I've been trying to convince people of Monika's goodness since I played the game, but everyone is just so quick to judge her without looking at it from her point of view. I hated her too, when I was first playing, but after reading her dialogue at the end, when it was just me and her, I realized what situation she was in, and my heart went out to her. I was sure that if I explained her situation to others, that they would begin to see her in the same light I was, but I was sadly, and infuriatingly mistaken. Lots of people even said that she deserved it for what she did. It made me furious, and then when I tried again, in this thread, by putting people in her shoes, and it didn't work, all the pent up frustration and anger began to spill over.

I'm sorry everyone for how I acted, and I hope you guys can forgive me.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Gingerale » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:10 am

Maybe next time it would be helpful if you stated that first, I couldn't tell if you were talking about Real Life or a story., and I was concerned

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 am

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:41 am

I didn't want to say what I was trying to do yet, though. Because if I had said what I wanted, then it wouldn't have been about the choices others would make. And since I was trying to get them to say that they'd act similarly to her, I couldn't say it yet. You know what I mean?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 pm

If it's not clear it tends to get confusing and then both sides (you and the reader) tend to get frustrated...maybe put a characterization or plot discussion under a book/movie discussion thread so people are clear what is brought up? Or if they are interested in that kind of thing can look for those kinds of threads.

There is nothing wrong with your fairy fact finding thread for doing fairy stuff (you seemed upset people weren't participating), but most people may be just "lurkers" then participants because they may not want to look up "facts". But I am sure if you posted little tidbits ( or figured out how to copy images) that people would take a look. I had fun trying to get some "facts" :grin:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 am

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:55 pm

But the intent of it hinged on the fact that people didn't figure it out.

Yeah, I understand. But people don't HAVE to post facts, they can just chat. If they want to post facts, they'll get prizes, but if they don't, no worries. I just want people to chat in here again.

Postby npixelz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:58 pm

*screams into the empty air*; What is going on today!? Why has there been no posts in any of my subscriptions!? I have 6 pages worth of subscriptions! How has there not been any posts in them!? >< *waves arms in air*

Postby Watery Star » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:19 am

*hug* Sorry I've been away. I love this thread and your stories,poems and the faiery facts. Most of all, I like you and really appreciate when you stop by my threads so I try to return the favor. But! I also post because I enjoy it.

I think sometimes we get busy and we get distracted. It's one thing to check our own threads and another to check everywhere else on here. It's also easy to check the active threads, see a bunch of threads and think those are the only ones people are posting in. However, taking the time to subscribe to threads and then remembering to check your subscriptions, people will find that there is more activity in this forum than just the most popular threads and most active threads.

There are times when I lurk because I can't think straight enough to post. Or I'm behind a page or so and so I'll read through to catch up and then end up not posting cause:
. . . last post was so long ago would I be necroing a dead thread?(not such a problem on this site, generally isn't an issue of there's further discussion to be had);
... Topic changed and I sort of planned out a reply and now it's irrelevant
... It's taking me forever to reply for whatever reason and I give up.
... Current topic is something I am ignorant aboutdon't know how to add to conversation
.... Or I am not able to catch up and will come back later.

This is just me but everyone is different and everyone is going to have their own reasons for doing
ot doing things.

Keep in mind that it is summer and many people have plans over the summer. We have a new user that's still finishing up with exams, so not everyone is even on break yet.

There was memorial day, father's day, graduation ceremonies etc. Not too long ago too. Then there's just life being rough at times. We all go through rough patches and have our own baggage.

I say all this because it's the sort of things I try to remind myself when my thread feels empty and lonely. When I, myself, feel starved for attention. I've had to remind myself of those I can call or text or just the ones here I can PM if I felt I needed to.

Try not to stress over things you can't control. Do your best then move on. Take a break when you're feeling stressed or annoyed. Remind yourself of the people that matter, those they have shown you they care. Believe in them and believe in yourself.

I'm busy this month and still recovering but I will come back and post here no matter what, ok? So know you've got one person that is subscribed and has vowed to return. Someone with a chronic illness that hates making promises because she always fears she'll unintentionally brake them But nonetheless will return to this site as long as she can, as long as there's still wonderful people here and Diana can keep it going.

Postby npixelz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:15 am

Thank you. I was just a little stressed, whilst also half-joking. But that makes sense, it IS summer and so people will be away. And I know I usually go camping with my family so we don't have Internet.
However, I think it's a bit strange, what you said about not stressing over things I can't control. Because I believe you shouldn't stress over things you CAN control, since, if you can control it, don't stress over it, control it. Yet it is also true about things you can't control, since stressing about it won't help any more than being calm. So then, does that mean we should never stress over anything? Just a thought I had.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

I was away with inconsistent wifi...but now... I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :wink:

There are someday's though where its more then I can do to just get my daily games in and check my quests and fishing.

Postby galled » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 am

I think it's OK to stress on some things. Stressing on everything would be terrible. I guess the crucial difference is knowing what is important enough to stress over and being able to stop stressing when you have no control over it or it's been handled and there's nothing more to stress over. :/

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Wise words. Wise words. WW, for short.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Are you going camping again this year, Npixelz? How long will you be gone?

Postby npixelz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 pm

No, I don't think so. I have to clean buses, and we're busy with other things.
Still, it would be fun to do it again.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Oh, that's right! I forgot you did get another job! Yay! Are you able to save some money ?

Postby npixelz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

Maybe, I don't know. I get paid by bus, not by hour, and I don't remember how much I get. All I know is that I'm allowed to get ice cream from the ice cream store once a week, and I'm allowed to use $25 a week for video games. I can save it up so that I have $100 after four weeks as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts