A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

~ Watery's Pond ~ Here's to a happier New Year!

Moderator: Ryvvi

~ Watery's Pond ~ Here's to a happier New Year!

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 pm

:grin: Ellos~! Thought I might as well make a hangout for anyone who wants to stop on by.

October 2020 News Flash:: Just how long have I had "Happy New Year" up? :P So, yeah I'm back!
------ I've checked in a few times but still had to sort things out and focus on my well-being.
I've been doing better and now feel comfortable enough to regularly post.
I really love this community :heart:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Watery Star. Welcome to my pond. Anyone and everyone is welcome but please be nice to everyone else in this thread. (I don't see this being a problem though)

About my pond. It's about 3 acres or somewhat the size of 3 American football fields. There are fish, crayfish, tadpoles, frogs as well as turtles snails and insects. During the warmer months there's also ducks, blue heron and other birds. Watch out for the geese when they turn up. They like to claim the pond for themselves! :angry:

And if you don't mind the hike you can make your way along the river and to a trail to the Watery Falls.
[Picture of Watery Falls coming soon!]

More about me

I'm in my 30's living in the greater DC,MD,VA area (United States). I live with my significant other, who I'll call "Eagle" because he goes by EagleStrike online. I've been calling him my s.o. but I'd rather just give him a name^^;
We have a terrierxlab mix named Cooper that we got in 2014 when he was 4. He's very well behaved but loves to bark outside.

I love to draw, play video games, read fantasy books and manga and watch anime and a bunch of shows.

I'm currently playing:Fire Emblem:Three House(Black Eagle route Blind 1st playthru) & Genshin Impact. Mobile games I've played: Alchemist Code, Love Nikki, Final Fantasy Exvius, FF Record Keeper and Fire Emblem Heroes mobile games and Swords and Potions 2 on Kongregate.com . I have quite a backlog: World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X,Child of Light and Life is Strange just to name a few.

I'm currently reading: Webtoons... I keep forgetting about the books I start.
The Last Unicorn(very slowly) and the occasional sample of Marvel comics and various graphic novels.

I'm currently watching:
Mostly YouTube videos and Twitch. From artsy vids to vlogs.
Some faves: Critical Role, March Comes in Like A Lion(anime) and Survivor when it premiers.

I'm also working on a web comic. I'm still in the middle of work working on the first story arc and have decided to focus on the story and the scripts and worry about the art and page layouts later. Rough page layouts are done for first chapter and part way through the second chapter but decided to work on the script for the next few chapters right now before anything else.
Always working on my characters though cause that's my favorite part. :cheer:

All are welcome to post. Feel free to just say hi, don't need to stay on topic of you just want to chat.

Noticed I've changed my front post and no longer mention my health issues.
I have fibromyalgia and I'm disabled. I'm chronically ill but doing what I can to still enjoy life despite being ill. Thanks if you've read through all of this. *shares a cookie* :doughnut-pink: oops only have doughnuts ^.^ :doughnut-brown:

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:54 am

Re: Watery's Pond (setting up)

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Contests
------------------

Page prize on Page 20!
Whoever is the first person to post on page 20, besides me, wins a free avatar doodle!

Re: Watery's Pond : Events

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Pajama Party!
Pool Party!
July 15th, because it's my birthday :cheeky:
Ends until September? Who knows, maybe everyday is lazy day!

May be giving away feathers for those in either lounge wear or swimwear.
(But I'm also broke so . . .lol)

Have fun!

Re: Watery's Pond (setting up)

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:36 pm

My pond is ready for visitors! ^_^

Re: Watery's Pond

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:49 pm

I'd be honored to be the first guest...your "pond" sounds very nice, a soothing spot... are we allowed to swim in it in the summer?

Does it freeze over in the winter and can you skate on it?

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 am

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Good to have you!
Sure you can swim in it once it gets warm enough.
If it gets cold enough to freeze and the ice is thick enough you might be able to skate on it in the winter.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:03 pm

So a corner, two ponds, a treehouse, a palace...
The hangout reion is turning out to be pretty

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:05 pm

I best rename my hangout to what I call it on other sites, lol. Adding another treehouse, lol.

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 pm

That does sound pretty. I didn't notice there was another pond. Now I feel unoriginal. ^^;

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Turt's is more Zen
Yours has wildlife

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:46 pm

I didn't see Turtle Sensei's at first because it got bumped off the 1st page.
Well that's nice, two different experiences.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:01 pm

watery's though is more the size of a small lake and Turtle's pond I think only has turtle's and goldfish? But Turtle actually has 2 ponds I think. She forgot about her other one as well and created a new one.

We have a fairy garden as well on here. We should have someone add a waterfall to our region too...wouldn't that be spectacular? What else would make it lovely?

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:08 pm

I was looking at the difference of a pond and a lake and there's no a good way to differentiate between the two.

Even among organizations and researchers who distinguish lakes from ponds by size alone, there is no universally recognised standard for the maximum size of a pond. The international Ramsar wetland convention sets the upper limit for pond size as 8 hectares (20 acres), but biologists have not universally adopted this convention. Researchers for the British charity Pond Conservation have defined a pond to be 'a man-made or natural waterbody which is between 1 m2 and 20,000 m2 in area (2 ha or ~5 acres), which holds water for four months of the year or more.' Other European biologists have set the upper size limit at 5 ha (12 acres).

3 acres seemed reasonable.

Oo~ I could add a river with a waterfall.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 pm

a pond sounds much more welcoming I think

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:30 am

Ones bigger than the other

Oh, we have an inn

Next

Return to Hangouts