A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

~ Watery's Pond ~ Here's to a happier New Year!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: ~ Watery's Pond ~ Happy New Year~!!!

Postby Prince Possum » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:11 pm

uh how about this guy turns to getting a job and sorting himself out?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm

Postby Watery Star » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Hey Prince Possum! How's it going.

He walked out of the one job he had. I'm done with waiting for him to get a job and save up. He's no better off than when he first came here except he's gotten a roof under his head for 11 weeks.

So in more fun news, I got Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Haven't played it yet.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 pm

Postby galled » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:42 pm

It's one thing helping out someone, but most reasonable people will draw the line if your life is upended and your health is suffering. What's Eagle's take on everything presently?

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:40 am

I'm so down. I exhausted myself and trying to get Eagle's help tonight, things didn't go well. I feel like such a failure. I know I shouldn't and that I can only do what I can. But talking it out with Eagle, it made me feel worse. He's been doing more because I haven't been well. He doesn't think I notice or appreciate it but I do appreciate it and want to get back to taking care of myself more.
It doesn't change the fact that the some things aren't getting done. Mentioning if something could be done once a month that would be great, I'm met with resistance.

So frustrating because I thought I had a good plan for the day but ended up doing too much and needing help. I can recognize what went wrong and how I could have handled it differently. Eagle doesn't see what he could have done differently, thinks he's without any fault, or acts it at least.

I really want a hug.

Eagle was wondering why I was so set on a specific date and not get him out sooner. But I am ready to give notice now. I've mentioned it to him, was going to have him look at the notice I wrote. It's like I have to do it myself though. It's just a matter of printing it out and signing it etc.
We're pretty much in agreement with regards to the roommate situation.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:25 am

<sends you a hug>

Being on the same page is a beginning and on the days you feel you both need a bit of encouragement you can always reach your hand out towards Eagle and tell him " did I tell you yet today how much I appreciate everything you do for me?" and give him one of your wonderful smiles that melt his heart. And you can always say to him "I could really use one of your hugs" and I bet he would be happy to give it to you!

Recognizing what you could have done differently and remembering to implement that knowledge the next time should help cut out some of the stress later. It is very frustrating not being able to do what most people take for granted but I am sure that is also what gives you your empathy! Cheer up, tomorrow is a new day full of new possibilities. :heart:

Postby galled » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:39 pm

sends big hug

I'm so sorry that you're struggling, Watery. Sometimes you just have to cut yourself a little slack and say it's OK to take care of yourself if you need it. Like when I'm really sick, I feel if I can eat something, shower and no one dies, it's a good day. The to-do list will still be there when I feel better!

Gratitude in thoughts, words and actions go a long way. Depending on communication styles of the recipient one or more may get through easier than the other or others. I think it's pretty universal that people don't mind hard work if it's appreciated or perhaps it should be worded that no one likes doing anything it it's not appreciated! You and Eagle have a good relationship, so I'm sure he understands the fact that it concerns you, but guys really need to be told exactly what you want. Hinting at stuff really won't work. Trust me on this.

Server Administrator

Postby Watery Star » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks <3
I really appreciate you all for all the encouragement and kind words.

We made up.
I'm letting it go for now. Can figure out a way to get some stuff done later. I've been focusing more on showing my appreciation and doing what I need to do for myself. My therapist talked about how often times isn't a right or wrong way to do things, it's about figuring out what works for each person. A compromise that works for everyone involved.

On other news, a few hours from now, I'm handing our roommate a notice to vacant.

Postby galled » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 pm

We appreciate your kind self too. :)

Let us know how it goes. It'll be a big relief knowing when it'll be over.

Server Administrator

Postby Watery Star » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:20 pm

:)

I will. I'm hoping it goes well and it will only be one more month.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 pm

I think you are more then generos at giving him the extra time to look for somewhere else but maybe needing to know he has to look might be the right push to get him to seriously act because there is no fall back.

He might be good at health inspection or OSHA inspection etc type jobs and can use his leaving his previous job over safety and health concerns as an example. I am not sure what the prerequisites are but just looking into it may help him have an idea of what to do to qualify.

How did it go?

ugh, I have such a head ache today my eyes hurt and my head feels like one of those "bobble heads".

Postby Watery Star » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:25 am

Hope you're feeling better Lemon!

We have to give him notice. If you let someone stay with you a certain amount of time then you have to give them notice to leave. My state says 30 days.

So our mutual friend was over and I ended up giving her the notice and talking with her about it. She is certainly doing all she can to get him help. She has a friend in this city that helps with the homeless. She's trying to get him work and a place. Eagle is concerned that they may not realize how serious we are about him being out of here by the 12th. I'm planning on talking with her about it the beginning of March to make sure it's clear. I was a little miffed when she told me that they were surprised that we didn't say anything sooner( about moving out). Felt a bit manipulated.

Postby Watery Star » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 pm

About 2 more weeks till roommate has to be out.

My mutual friend was there when my roommate got back that night and I talked with her and gave her the notice. Since then she was able to have a friend of hers help him with a homeless program essentially. Helps with finding a job and housing. Last week he started leaving for ~5 hours 3 days that week. Later asked and found out it's classes on getting a job and this week is about housing(?) It's been difficult to sleep those night because of his anxious dog but glad at least something is being done.
And now sounds like he will hopefully be able to get a place with a friend of his who is now looking.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Sounds like some positive steps! Sometimes a person just needs a little push or to realize they need to look for other options.

Postby Watery Star » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:38 pm

My friend has done a lot for him.

I'm going to play Fire Emblem before I get too tired.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:46 pm

ok, have fun! catch you later.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts