A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Star Talk ☆ Let's Hang - All Are Welcome!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Star Talk ☆ Let's Hang - R.I.P. Stephen Hawking

Postby Gingerale » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm

How true!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm

Re: Star Talk ☆ Let's Hang - R.I.P. Stephen Hawking

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Here's one for you to aim for ...MOON BASE ALPHA... I think it would be amazing to be able to have a base on the moon and one day be able to travel to and from it.

"moon dwellers would be able to communicate with people back home with only a minor delay and have internet access as well. “You’ll still be able to check Facebook,” Hopkins says."

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/mo ... ncna855826

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:43 pm

Re: Star Talk ☆ Let's Hang

Postby Polaris » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 pm

SIGN ME UP FOR THIS RIGHT AWAY!!!!

Forget all my aspirations in life and goals about Law/Med school! If I can live out life on the moon and see the stars, well then... good-bye Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and hellooooo moon base alpha!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:39 pm

no, no ...you have to study as much as you can because the people that go up there will have to be well rounded in all disciplines so that the more you know and can do the better you are to run and live in the moon base! You'd be perfect!

Postby Polaris » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am

Ahh xD You're right Lemon! Forgot about the fact that they'd want the creams of the crop to go, not just any willing volunteer. This will only fuel my ambitions even further hiyaAAA!! ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧

Postby Gingerale » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:32 am

(unless they mainly want miners, and brut force laborers like on the sci-fi shows, who are forced to live deep under ground and see very little light of day except when they find some previously unkown life buried deep within the caverns of the planet and are forced to run for their lives - ok so I just had to throw that in. Reality it would be more like the MARS t.v. series where you had to have specia abilities and training, whether you were a miner or not ).

Postby galled » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:42 am

The Mars mission may want some just volunteers (although you probably have to have at least some skill/value other than just being a body taking up space, oxygen and food) because it'll likely be a one way trip for the first 20 or so years after the first landings.

Personally, I'm really excited that we're finally back on track towards moving out into space. We've wasted way too many years doing very little in the realm of human space exploration. I want a Star Trek kind of future for mankind! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Polaris » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:13 am

It may take a while, but I believe that we'll get there!! I just hope that we, the public, get to see the progress take place instead of suddenly being surprised one day with "the _______ government has successfully tested and developed a *insert super high-tech space combobulator thing* to be _______." Transparency people! Or at least some transparency, as long as it isn't fully opaque

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 am

It would be nice to be able to se it happen in our lifetime. I suppose if we were one of those super rich technical people we coulod afford to build it ourselves. If the Russian's can reuse missles to send their astronauts into space then anything is possible.

Postby Polaris » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Star Update: The Lyrids Meteor Shower is coming up this April! Anyone have plans to view the shower? No worries if you miss it, astronomers call this one and "average shower" so if you miss it there won't be much to miss really.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Did I miss the blue moon this Easter week end?

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:29 pm

It's been too foggy to look.

Postby deaa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:27 pm

-- ღ
hey all *waves* I also love stars~
how are we all doing today?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:43 pm

Postby galled » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Hey, deaa!

I kinda wish I could watch the Chinese space station burn up (from a safe distance of course!). I'd imagine it would be quite spectacular!

Server Administrator

Postby Polaris » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:00 am

It's been too overcast and rainy here to see anything in the sky T ^ T
And deaa welcome fellow star-lover!

What's your favorite star/space-related thing? (meteor showers, cosmology, stargazing, anything!)

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts