A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Star Talk ☆ Let's Hang - All Are Welcome!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Star Talk ☆ Let's Hang - All Are Welcome!!

Postby galled » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi, Polaris! Missed you! :hug:

Did you get a glimpse of Neowise?

Server Administrator

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 2:30 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:27 am

My heart did a skippity jump when I saw you were on Polaris!

Haven't seen "space Force" but you are the second one to mention it on Windlyn so will check it out how to watch it.

I could only see the comet neowise looking through binoculars...but I did get to see it!

What are you up to now, Polaris? Hope positive things are happening for you. :heart:

Postby npixelz » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:26 am

Hiya North Pole-aris! How is you?

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 4:30 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Polaris » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:12 am

Haha, hi guys! Some life updates: I got into the Masters programme I was shooting for woooh!! It's gonna include some exciting research stuff and I'm really excited! Everything's calmed down now so I can finally chillax before school starts up again. Still waiting for the university to mail me my degree parchment though ahh

Unfortunately with the way my balcony in the apartment is situated, I couldn't see Neowise in the sky (the building's roof was obstructing it. But I did see a livestream someone posted on youtube of Neowise through a telescope!

Sad I missed the end of the Easter event since exams picked up and I had to divert all my focus to that, but excited for what's to come on Windlyn!

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 5:30 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:24 am

Wahoo, that's great news about your Masters program! What kind of research will it include?

Are you still missing items from the Easter? Let me know what because I am bound to have extra's...dang I don't even remember Easter items...that was right when covid shutdowns struck, did we have our Easter egg hunt? I swear I have this pandemic fog brain...my mind just doesn't register dates this past 6 months! :cry:

edit: oh yes! that is when Lady Pengwing cleaned out her storage and we got the new citrus dresses and purses! :grin:

Postby Polaris » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 pm

The masters is related to genetics, so hopefully I get to do a research topic regarding medical genetics or the genetics of common complex diseases!

Ahh I'll check if I'm missed anything and will let you know, or I'll put up an ad for the items on some yard sale thread I'll eventually (I remember making an items thread for one of the events, though I don't remember if I made a yard sale thread for myself haha.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Sounds like a much needed field right now...maybe you can be one of the top professionals one day! Discover a new approach to treating diseases!

I bet you could give us some insights already!!

Postby galled » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Oh, so exciting!! I really love it when people make progress and do well!

It's even better when you know them! :) <3

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:27 am

I'm glad you got in! Way to go!

Postby Polaris » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Thank you everyone!! I'm just really excited to get to be studying what I love and hopefully get the chance to research stuff I'm interested in, but with the whole social distancing restrictions and pandemic still going on I'm a bit worried I won't get as much time in the lab as I'd hope (they're often quite small and sometimes cramped :)

What has everyone been up to so far? I recently got really into minecraft (boyfriend introduced it to me) and now I've come to know a lot more about the newer minecraft updates than he does haha xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:44 pm

minecraft is a great program! Develops alot of skills.

I hope you will get lab time, research would be so cool!

Postby npixelz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:38 am

I hope you get time in the lab.

Minecraft. Is. Awesome.
Now, what's your style? Redstone expert? Griefer? PVP or PVE champ? Survivalist? Builder? Explorer? Decorator? Something else? Personally I'm a builder and explorer, with a little bit of survivalist in me

Postby Polaris » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 pm

I'd say for now survivalist and very amateur builder (my houses are no longer made out of just one type of wood/wood plank xD) and decorator! I've tried playing PvP games with friends and stuff on Hypixel, I play a pretty good defense on Bed Wars when I play with my boyfriend and his sister. Murder Mystery and the farm game where it's animals vs hunters is also a lot of fun!

Do you like to spend time building up your singleplayer worlds, play on multiplayer survival servers, or prefer servers like Hypixel where you can play games and other PvP stuff?

Postby npixelz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:48 am

Survivalist is a good pick, and hey, baby steps with the building things, right? Hypixel is fun. I love Murder Mystery. I'm more of a builder myself.

I prefer to build in servers so I can show my builds to people, but Hypixel is fun as well.
For a long time I used the Wii U to build and I've made a few builds I'm really proud of on it.

Postby Polaris » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:26 pm

Woah, I didn't know they had a minecraft version for the Wii U! Do you play Java or Bedrock or another edition?

Also, this was a while back ago on August but did anyone manage to catch the Perseids Meteor Shower? I believe the peak times were from August 11-13 for this year!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts