A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

AliCat's Alley Way

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: AliCat's Alley Way

Postby galled » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 pm

Good for you on all counts! You have time to figure out if school makes sense. School is great to learn stuff you love. If you're studying for the sake of studying, then not so much.

It can be hard for parents to accept that you're an adult. I have a younger sister (I'm the oldest), so I blazed that trail so to speak.

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:24 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:20 am

I wish you luck on whatever you decide to do

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:24 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Sorry to hear living with your Mom was so stressful AliCat. Hopefully being stable in one place with your Dad will give you a place of respite so you can achieve your goals.

Working, saving money, building a resume is all helpful and squeezing in some classes doesn't hurt either. Sometimes you don't know what career direction you want to go until you work at some jobs you know you don't want.
I don't know how it is in Australia bt here working [puts money into social security for when you retire and also build sup money in case you have to go on unemployment insurance for a bit while looking for other work. I've known people who were offered other jobs without them even seeking other work because someone was impressed with their work ethics.

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:15 am

galled
I love your attitude towards school I must say
I get that, I'm finding that even after going through most of highschool without having any friends that did 50/50 between their parents, my boyfriend was in the almost exact same situation as me growing up! It's nice to have someone to relate to.

npixelz wrote:I wish you luck on whatever you decide to do

Hehe thank you! And to you with what you're doing in life right now

Lemon Cheesecake
I'm definitely much happier just living at the one place. I'm getting used to the freedom that I only had half of the time instead of all the time.
I'm definitely focusing on working and last year I did a neat work experience course at school that definitely helped me gain some skills. Over here we have TAFE programs (Not sure if you have them or an equivalent?) which is basically a different alternative to university for a more hands on kinda of learning thing and they have a few courses that I might check out. I just have to really sit down and see my options.
We have something similar here for retirement

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:18 pm

They should definitely have more trade schools here then they do. I think they are mostly mechanic, nursing, dental assisting etc but I think they should do more practical as well as book learning.

Living in one spot is so much nicer, I've had to travel between places before working 2 different jobs & I got tired of it, started forgetting what day it was and which office I was supposed to be at! :strain:

I am happy to hear your life is more positive now. Lots of good stuff ahead for you! :cheer:

Postby npixelz » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:20 am

I wish I could offer advice or whatnot like the others, but I barely know my own life

Also thank you

Postby galled » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do of course, but when it comes to things you have a choice to do or not do, I typically will only do them if it pleases me. But school is one of those things that will not be total joy, but it may be the key to getting a job in a industry of your choice.

We have technical and arts trade schools here (coding, computer animation, etc.). They basically teach you all of the core classes without all of the general ed stuff.

Server Administrator

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:47 am

I heard that the manager from work I had problems with is leaving soon, so woop wooop!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 am

Postby npixelz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:03 am

Hooray

Postby galled » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:23 pm

I love it when the universe seems to be going in the right direction! :)

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:07 am

Same

Nice avie, galled

Postby galled » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Thanks, pix!

Server Administrator