A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Post Office

Moderator: Ryvvi

The Post Office

Postby JinMay » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:41 am

Hello everyone! In an effort to be more active, I thought it would be a good idea to have a hangout of my own. I enjoy writing letters to my friends and that's why I came up with the title for this hangout. You don't have to like writing letters to be able to chat here. Everyone is welcome!

As long as you follow the site's ToS and don't be a rude douche here.
We're all here to have fun and chillax so please don't be that person and ruin it for us.
:angry:

If you want to rant/vent PLEASE place it in a spoiler and let us know that there's a rant in said spoiler. Just so that way no one has reason to complain okay?

So yeah, make yourselves at home. I'll most likely just be here but I'll be posting around as well. Just know that if you want to talk to me, this is the place where you can most likely find me. I hope that made sense? I hope to make many friends through this, and it would be nice to chat with you guys while I decorate letters to send off as well. :cheeky:

One more thing: Feel free to use the STAMP smilies now as well. It would give the 'cards' a more 'authentic' feel to them. If you can't find them, just click on the 'VIEW MORE SMILIES' link and they'll be the last three.

Tips Incoming: If your stamp text (the bit between the full colon) does not have a space before and after it (like when you add an align tag), the smilie stamp just displays the text instead of the smilie.

For those who are curious, galled was a doll and came up with a great letter format for any of you to use here at the post office! I will leave it here for you all to use if you wish to. Just remove the () symbols :
( : stamp goes here : ) This is aligned to the right (From: Your Name Here
Windlyn, The Post Office) This is aligned to the left
(To: Recipient's Name Here
Windlyn, The Post Office) This is centered

(Dear Recipient's Name Here,
Your letter
Will go
Right
Here

Closing of Choice,
Your Name Here) This goes in a spoiler

I hope this was helpful!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 pm

My Discord
thebossrimi

Tell me who you are and we can be friends on there maybe? :heart:

Re: The Post Office

Postby Polaris » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:53 am

Another Hangout Thread woot!!

How has your day been so far?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby JinMay » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:17 pm

I see that 707 is in your siggy. That's awesome!
My day has been rather busy despite being sick.
I had to help my mother with some errands but she bought me food. lol

How's your day been?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Love the new thread JinMay! Maybe we can talk about stamps sometime amidst our posting... :cheer:

Postby JinMay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:20 am

Hello Lemon, thank-you! I would love to talk about stamps with you sometime. I've seen some really pretty ones before. :D

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:40 am

What kind of symptoms are you having ? Do you think it is just a cold or the flu?

Postby JinMay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:44 am

I'm feeling nauseous. My mom's sick as well.
No matter what I eat, my stomach keeps hurting...in like...waves.
It would make sense if I caught the flu since I still haven't gotten my flu shot.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:53 am

If your stomach hurts on the right side around the belly button then it may be appendicitis so keep an eye on that because you should get that tested. They can do ablood test and an ultrasound. Are you having any other symptoms like diarrhea, head aches, fatigue? Cough? Sore throat?

My stomach has been doing that nauseated feeling too and my appetite is not so good - I'm hungry but can't eat a whole lot ... and I Know I ma not pregnant... and sometimes is how the body reacts when there is a gall bladder problem so I am doing a low fat diet for now to see if that helps...the body also can do that for hepatitis too but I don't see any yellowing of my eyes or skin. But I am going to go get it checked out because it has lasted too long for the flu. Ask them to run a blood test, maybe have them check for mono.

Postby JinMay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:57 am

Yesterday I had diarrhea but today it's just stomach pains, nausea and fatigue.

I want to eat too, but at the same time I don't because I just feel totally disgusted. I might just drink water today. I dunno. -shrugs-

Postby galled » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:59 am

Dear JinMay,

I'm so sorry you don't feel well. If you don't have a high fever it's probably not the flu. It could be food poisoning. I hope you feel better soon.

I really like your new hangout.

I hope you can write back soon!

Your friend,
galled :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby JinMay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:08 am

Dear galled,

Food poisoning is probably it. I was at a party yesterday despite feeling sick, and I had tacos but the tortillas were kinda cold. > n <

Thank-you! I'm glad you like it. It's nothing fancy, but I thought it was cute.

I hope you are doing well today and can't wait to hear from you again!

Your friend,
JinMay :)

PS: This is such a cute idea to post in letter form.

Postby galled » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:26 am

Dear JinMay,

That sounds like it could be the source--especially if you mom ate that too. The good news is food poisoning usually passes in 48 hours or less, so you should be feeling better rather than worse as time goes on. If not, you'll need to get a professional opinion.

I'm doing well. It's a beautiful day here. How is it where you are? Is your mom feeling better today?

Write back soon!

Your friend,
galled :)

PS: Glad you like the idea. I think it's fun! I hope everyone else will join in the same way. :)

Server Administrator

Postby JinMay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 am

Dear galled,

Well my mom didn't eat anything yesterday since she was feeling terrible. I just ate because I didn't want to be rude and I was actually pretty hungry. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

Oooh that sounds nice! It's pretty warm here where I live, but there's a nice breeze blowing and it's really nice to hear the wind chimes ring outside. My mom is feeling a teeny tiny bit better, I think the medicine has helped but she said she was going to go to the pharmacy and see if she could get some Robitussin and cough drops.

Your friend,
JinMay :)

PS: I'm sure they will. This letter format makes me smile so thank-you. Also, I'm going to go make some breakfast and hopefully I can eat it. I'll write again soon. <3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Dear JinMay,

I thought I might have had food poisoning at first but it has been going on for too long. Galled gave some good advice - food poisoning lasts only a few days until you get it out of your system; The flu virus seems to hang on for a few weeks this season but I suspect something else might be causing the problem - or is the flu virus affecting organs?

The important thing is to stay HYDRATED and keep up the electrolytes so that your organs do not shut down. If you drink an electrolyte drink ( like Gatorade/Powerade/ Vitamin water with electrolytes/ coconut water) and just sip through out the day, you should stay hydrated. Also try eating in small increments so the food stays down.

It sounds like your mom may have a cold if she has a cough. Make a nice hot pot of tea for you two and sit down and enjoy together. (Or hot lemon and honey!)

Yours truly,
Lemon Cheesecake

P.S. I love the letter writing style. This may become my favorite thread!

Postby Polaris » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Dear Lemon & JinMay,

Ah! There was a "flu horror story" my school nurse recently shared with us. A girl passed away due to the flu, which had destroyed her organs, and her mother has been spreading the message of how important it is to get the flu vaccine. I hope both of you (and anyone else who's been filling a icky this season) get well soon! Definitely take it easy the next couple of days. Lots and lots of rest is key!!

On a lighter note, how's everyone been? The stars have been shining bright and the skies have been clear so far (in my area at least)!

Hope you guys get a chance to really bask in the beauty of the moon and the stars~

Sincerely,
Polaris✲

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am

Next

Return to Hangouts