A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Post Office

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Post Office

Postby JinMay » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:57 pm

Dear Gingerale,

Thank you for your letter, I appreciate it. I apologize for not being here in so long, I feel terrible about it. My mother is in better health, I make sure she takes her medication and I have made sure she stays away from sweets or anything that might cause her to get unwell again.

My father was very sick for some time afterwards, so it was a lot of appointments and just prayers to make sure he got better.. which he did after quite a bit of time. I am okay. Perhaps a bit emotionally drained but we are healthy so I'm glad.

Best Regards,
JinMay

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:07 am

My Discord
thebossrimi

Tell me who you are and we can be friends on there maybe? :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:24 pm

Dear JinMay,

It makes my heart happy you have not forgotten us!
I am sorry life has been so busy for you but glad to hear you & your Parents are doing better health wise.
Did you finish your schooling?
Things got messed up for a few years with the shutdowns. Many people had to work remote or go to school remote. Taking care of your Parents maybe that helped you?
I was considered "essential" so I had to keep working.

I wish you brighter days ahead!
Love your friend,
Lemon
:stamp-heart:

Postby JinMay » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:56 pm

:stamp-feather:

Windlyn, The Post Office

To: Lemon Cheesecake
Windlyn, The Post Office

[+] SPOILER
Dear Lemon Cheesecake,
Of course I haven't forgotten any of you! This place, I remember loving it when I first arrived and it still holds a special place in my heart. You have always been so kind to me, I could never forget you. You've been my friend even though I've been gone for so long you still welcome me with open arms and I appreciate it so much.

I did finish my schooling though, finally! :cheer: I remember when Covid hit, I had to transfer to online classes right in the middle of the semester which was a big adjustment period for me since I was so used to face to face lectures. It was very hard though and my gosh, grocery shopping was a nightmare. :sad: I think just being with my family really did help with my sanity and to not feel so isolated.

I'm sorry you had to keep working though, it must have been hard for you! :distress: Thankfully we've made it past that hard time and hopefully we won't have to go through it again anytime soon. Fingers crossed right? Anyway, thank you for your letter. I really did miss talking to you and I hope you are doing well!

Your Friend,
JinMay :heart:

Postby Gingerale » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:19 pm

:stamp-wing:

from Ginger

To JinMay

[+] SPOILER
Dear JinMay
I forgot how to write this in letter form! I am so glad you have a guide posted on the first page!
There are so many exciting things that a day can hold. I hope you are able to discover fun things to do every day!
Fondly,
Ginger

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:07 am

Postby JinMay » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:26 pm

:stamp-feather:

Windlyn, The Post Office

To: Gingerale
Windlyn, The Post Office

[+] SPOILER
Dear Gingerale,
It's been so long, that I forgot how to write in the letter form as well. Hahah! Thankfully the guide has proven to be very helpful so I'm really happy that you found it helpful too!
Oh yes, so many exciting things! There is something I would like to do one of these days but I will need to save up a lot of money in order to actually do it.

Sincerely,
JinMay

Postby Gingerale » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:29 pm

I'll practice the format to get my letters to look better!

I need to save money so I can travel to visit friends that live far away now.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:07 am

Postby JinMay » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:38 pm

Aww that's so sweet. It's not necessary, I know it's a lot for a post. I just do it so it looks nice. Hehe

Oh? Traveling sounds like fun. I'm sure they'd be very happy to see you! I don't really do much traveling since I get homesick super quickly.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 pm

Have you checked out the Post Office site for work yet? You don't have to do anything, but you may want to look into it.

https://about.usps.com/careers/welcome.htm

Costco may be less stressful & better benefits though.

Postby JinMay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:29 pm

I checked into Costco and currently they don't have any job openings but yeah they have really good benefits and pay. I was actually surprised. o:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:22 pm

I am so proud of you for researching it! Now you have an idea at least & can keep looking into it. Can they put you on a waiting list?

Someone I know got on during the Christmas seasonal hiring & they kept him on after the season was over so there is always that possibility too.

Something else to consider is seeing if the Costco near your beau has openings, in case you decide to move out there to be with him.

Postby JinMay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:35 pm

I searched the website but it said that any job postings on their site were for people already employed. And if an outside applicant wanted to apply, they needed to check indeed, which I did but they have no job postings up at the moment. So I just need to keep checking every now and then.

I did however, apply for two positions in a retail store that opened not too long ago. So I hope I will hear back from them. I also applied to another place about a week ago, I think and they only texted me to tell me they had received my application.

That's a good idea actually. He's currently finishing up small details since he will be finishing his service in about fifteen days. So he'll be moving back to California to go to school or work.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:39 pm

I am sure once your Beau's situation gets settled something will open up for you ... sometimes its all about timing & it sounds like for now you need to be near your family to help out. So long as you have a safe place to sleep & food to eat the rest can come later.

Postby JinMay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:50 pm

Yeah I'm keeping an eye open and applying where I can, but I'm also really trying not to stress out about it either. Which is harder than it sounds. But I'm hopeful that I'll find something soon. It doesn't even have to be an amazing job, just something to get me started so I an keep saving up money in case of emergencies.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:19 pm

Exactly!

And I get the trying not to stress being harder then it sounds... stress is my Achilles heel so to speak.

I'm trying to get up to 1000 earned points for helping the team but it is slower going then I thought it would be ...even with the 8-10 points earned there keeps coming up 1 point earned!

Postby JinMay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:24 pm

I just got us six points, but I've been earning one point most of the time too. :( I have noticed that the teams are pretty close and we're just barely staying ahead. I has gotten much harder lately.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts