A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

pen and paper by yoru ★

Moderator: Ryvvi

pen and paper by yoru ★

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:04 am

Heya I'm Yoru, an awkward potato.
I made this hangout thread cause I'm now too awkward to barge into other people's threads and act like I know them or something ; x ;
(I did that back in the day btw)

Anyway, feel free to barge in here any time. I don't mind at all.
On the contrary, it makes me happy.

Mmm. What else?
I like drawing. I'm kinda lost in life atm.
I'm probably also older than most of you(?)
I like talking to young 'uns tho lol

I'll most probably post art stuff here too because I usually like having just one thread.
Feel free to ignore them haha

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Re: pen and paper by yoru ★

Postby Dipper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 am

Ooh, sweet, a new hangout! Hii~! >w<

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:12 am

Ne/Nem/Nir/Nirs/Nemself
They/Them/Theirs/Themselves

Not really set in stone...still confused

If you need me, please look for me here:
https://discord.gg/bRwhnFz

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am

Drew a quick avatar version of Khun (from Tower of God) while taking a break on a commission sketch.

[+] SPOILER

Dipper
Hey. Thanks for dropping by. If I suddenly disappear, it just means I fell asleep btw. It's late here lol

Postby Dipper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:44 am

Ooh, cool >w<

Okay lol oh wow it is late for you XD

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 am

Dipper

Yup. It's almost 2 am here. Not really sleepy tho since I took a nap earlier

Postby Dipper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 am

Okay lol XD
I know I stayed up until 4am last night XD
You don't have to keep mentioning me, I'll see your reply even if you don't ^^ XD

Postby Diana » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 am

haha! I love TOG! Very cute avatar!

Have you caught up to the current release? I love urek lately. But rak is the best. Whered he go? :'(

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:12 pm

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:19 am

Dipper - Oh good! lol
Mentioning right now takes a bit of effort since I'm using my tablet.
And that's pretty late. I try not to stay up super late but I fail at that recently.

Diana
I only started reading a few days ago so I'm up to date with everything. I've seen ToG top manga sites for a long time now but never bothered reading it. Glad I saw someone mention how it's much better than Noblesse when I was reading the latter because of a friend.

And lol Rak. He's really adorable. Him missing is really strange. I do hope he appears soon but I reckon we'd have to wait for that. Really hope he didn't die :

To me, Khun is the best tho. Got a soft spot for manipulative charas. Tho I don't quite like how he handles Bam like glass. Hwaryun, for me, is the one who handles Bam best in their group.

Postby Diana » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:25 am

I never really got into Noblesse. ToG, Story of Someone I Know, and Girls of the Wilds are my favourite mahnwa.

Rak is so wonderful. A gift to the world. His leadership outshines all others lol

I liked kun the most at first but in the laterest chapters hes really been taking a back seat. I like all the characters though, so it is hard to choose a favourite haha. Except rachel. D:<

Something Mousy and I have been debating is what does a female from the khun faily look like? we thought princess maria or whoever would be it but she was not related. :o

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:12 pm

Postby Dipper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:35 am

yeah lol XD

Oh, I remember I started reading TOG a year or two ago...I'm probably behind lol XD
I do like The Gamer though, that's got a fun storyline. Well, I like it XD

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:44 am

Diana
I honestly don't really like Noblesse either. I mean the characters aren't bad per se but the story is repetitive. It's like a cut and paste formula. When I tried reading it in one shot, I got bored. Franky is awesome tho. Same with Tao.

I never tried reading the other titles except for Girls of the Wilds. But I never really got hooked in it.

Rak and his banana comments will forever stay with me. And turtles. lol

I think right now Khun is still at the stage wherein he's really just trying to shadow Bam. I like him more during the first season too but I think that's because he probably thought he had to protect Bam. However, Bam has now surpassed them in terms of growth so it's more difficult to keep up.

I think Laure has the worst in terms of being cast away tho. I mean, we still see him every now and then but now he barely does anything. I think he's Siu's problem character because his growth is more difficult to write considering that he and Bam are both wave controllers. He has to be stronger now but he can't be stronger than Bam. But Siu probably has difficulties portraying that without making him look weak.

Haha Rachel. What if she's doing everything deliberately so that Bam would climb up the tower and forge his own path? I mean, we're all led to believe that she's simply a crazy bitch but what if there's more to her story? Though that theory is still weird since I can't see why she'd need to kill Akraptor.

Isn't Maria part of the Khun family? In one of the earlier chapters, we see a bit of how she looks like. Or do you mean Garam? Cause I thought she was from the Khun household too

Dipper
Oh I read The Gamer before too. But then the updates slowed down so I stopped reading as well.
The concept is pretty fun indeed

Postby Gingerale » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:55 pm

that sketch is so sweet! Can we have items like those or are they trademarked?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:12 pm

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:01 pm

More art (from last night)
[+] SPOILER

Gingerale

Maybe we can have items like them? They're pretty common looking.

I want to have Rak as an avi though (he's a big crocodile-like being in case you're not familiar with ToG) and designs like Hockney's too. I'll draw them later if I have time :3

Postby Gingerale » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:07 pm

very nice!
ShiroGem helped do some items but right now she has studies and is off- but she was looking for ideas from us, so we should definitely see about some putting some of the ideas in her thread. I wonder if there will be a member designed item contest again this summer. if so you should enter your designs and we all get to benefit if they are chosen! (Just can't be trademarked items)

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:12 pm

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Gingerale
Oh I think I saw her art thread. I like her coloring style
Right now I'm not really looking to design items I guess. I just like putting the ToG crew in Windlyn avatar form. Haha. My brain has been sorta dead for a few days now. Still lacking sleep

Next

Return to Hangouts