A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

pen and paper by yoru ★

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: pen and paper by yoru ★

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:04 pm

doing usual stuff too - work, more work, organizing my closet (sort of), had a flu virus for a bit (must have caught something from being around the 100,000 or so people in the city), learning to do some code but I feel like I am a slow learner...now I understand why you should be good in math, it is all about balancing equations. I should try to get back into reading since the t.v. series I watch are all on hiatus and there don't seem to be any good movies out there.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:41 am

Postby yorunaka » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Glad to know you've recovered from the flu and it wasn't something worse

And I just read a bunch of fanfiction. I usually don't read books since it gets expensive when you buy a lot and the writing tone really matters to me so I end up having a bunch of unread stuff - which is a waste.

Do you only watch normal series? No anime and stuff like that?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 2:41 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:23 pm

I haven't been watching anime lately - mostly regular t.v. series, its enough to fill up my time and I don't have to read subtitles :grin_wink:

Postby yorunaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Sorry for disappearing again.

And I like reading subtitles. Hahaha. I first started watching shows with subtitles on them when I was in 2nd/3rd grade. At first, I didn't quite like it and preferred English dubbed series but it grew on me. Now I don't really like watching my anime dubbed in English

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 pm

For the most part I actually prefer subtitles, especially if I missed what was being said because of noisy people around me :wink:

But sometimes I just want mindless watching :shock:

Postby yorunaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:49 pm

To be honest, I sometimes can't understand dialogues in Doctor Who without subtitles lol
I mean it's English but the accent makes the words a bit difficult to grasp at times

I think I read too much fanfiction to the point that I feel like reading is generally mindless unless the topic is something that requires careful thought.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 pm

I agree with you on the accents

Postby yorunaka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:50 pm

It's interesting to hear that you can still struggle with accents even if English is your main language.

On another wholly unrelated note, I keep on biting the corners of my mouth these days and end up getting mouth sores. lol

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:53 pm

ohmygosh that is so weird you did that because that's what I did and I don't know when I did it but the marks fit right at my teeth line and the inside one has a blood blister. I stuck vaseline on the outside lip part and that seems to have helped, its been a couple days now and is healing up.

Postby yorunaka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:57 pm

I have one on my bottom lip right now. Sometimes I put salt in it just so it'll go numb for a while and I can eat/brush my teeth properly.

Didn't know vaseline can help cure mouth sores

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm

it keeps it from drying out and cracking and acts like a protective layer. I guess you could use chap stick or something else?

Postby yorunaka » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:11 am

I see. I used lip balm the other day but I don't think it did anything?

The main issue I have with those sores is that I like eating spicy food. So when I have them, it makes eating painful lol

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:01 pm

ya, vaseline coats it and helps keep the oils from the spice out of the injury. Mine were doing good and then I bit in the same place again...urgh

Postby yorunaka » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 pm

I usually don't bite the same spot until the thing is fully healed. At least not unintentional. Sometimes, I bite the area around it just to numb the pain for a bit.

And I'll have to keep that in mind for next time

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Did you check out the art contest (under the game room) - you should design outfits for our Lady Pengwing!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts