A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Maro's Marshmallovv Mansion

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Maro's Marshmallovv Mansion [Page Prize for Page 200]

Postby galled » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:13 pm

I don't mind needles. It's the poke that I don't like! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Balcan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Just look away if it helps. Once you do it and see its not painful or dangerous you won't be so afraid to take a needle in the future. I've given blood and I can watch as the needle goes in. Doesn't bother me.

I'm group IV which corresponds to AB I believe. Rare blood type.

Maro: If you need to find your blood type there are kits available over the counter where you prick your finger over 4 patches, one for each group, and the reaction tells you which type you have. Or you can call a doctor who has drawn your blood before

Postby Dipper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:04 am

Oh, you have a cool blood type ^^
I think one of my friends has that too

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:34 am

Ne/Nem/Nir/Nirs/Nemself
They/Them/Theirs/Themselves

Not really set in stone...still confused

If you need me, please look for me here:
https://discord.gg/bRwhnFz

Postby Maro » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:10 am

I have a hereditary blood disorder known as ITP [I have chronic like my mother did] so I got it from her since it passes down. [My sister doesn't have it though, it would have shown by now.]

I know it's A+ now at least since they tested in case I needed a full transfusion at some point rather than just platelet [it's just platelet most of the time]

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:04 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Dipper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:18 am

Oh, geez, wow, that sounds kind of scary >n<

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:34 am

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:42 am

I looked it up because I didn't know what it was - it says it is possible it could go into remission and there are things to do to help increase your platelets with diet (foods to avoid) and lifestyle changes - one suggestion to increase platelets was papaya enzyme - but sadly it sounds like it is an on going battle otherwise since it is an autoimmune disease. Did you have your little one tested? How does your Mom deal with it since she has the same problem? Hopefully you were diagnosed early enough that the medical field can help you. I will hope they will manage to get yours to go into remission!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:34 am

Postby Maro » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:15 pm

I took her to get tested a couple years ago and nothing showed up but a lot of people don't have i show up until they are older. My mother passed away 9 years ago, and when they were doing treatments for her it was steroids as pretty much the only option. with mine they just monitor from time to time to see my platelet levels and then I get transfusions [hemoglobin] and go on... it doesn't show up as often as it used to [so far as massive random bleeding is concerned] but I do still get so tired and fevers abound... it's not fun to say the least. I was diagnosed when I was 15 turning 16 [ the same year that mom passed actually.] and they said I actually shouldn't have been alive or even awake for how far down my platelet count had dropped, spent four days straight with an IV in for the hemoglobin transfusion [was too young to attempt using steroids.] and was on bed rest for about two months after that.

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. What a horrible experience to have gone through without having your mom by your side. But what a miracle you are then! And to have gotten pregnant and been able to carry and deliver your baby, she is a very special miracle too! (Sometimes there can be bleeding with delivery if the placenta doesn't detach properly - which happened to my friend, she almost had to have a transfusion because of it- so you were very fortunate!).

Do you have to be careful for bruising or not poking/cutting yourself? I am glad it sounds like you have improved, and you seem conscientious about it, so it is manageable then?

Postby Maro » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Ahn ... I had an emergency c-section actually, fairly complicated reason behind that, thankfully I wasn't bleeding too profusely during or after the procedure, and the little one was perfectly healthy... but I did have to stay on antibiotics in the hospital for almost a week afterward unfortunately... eheh..

I do tend to watch out for bruising and other things just to make sure that nothing happens, bleeding from the gums is a common thing for this disorder though so brushing my teeth is never enjoyable... =v=;;

It's relatively manageable to say the least , whenever it crops up to the point I need treatment I always make sure to go get tested and go from there if I need another transfusion or whatnot.

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

you both lived through that and were able to get medical treatment - so small miracles still! I hope you had someone to be with you in the hospital then, or attentive nurses, you mentioned a sister, is she supportive?

Bleeding gums - I wonder if something like a Peridex mouth rinse might help you (It's a prescription mouth rinse here)? Does the Dentist or Doctor suggest anything? Do you stay away from gum irritants? ( Alcohol mouthwash etc)

Are there support groups for people with the same blood disorder as you that you can share, what works and doesn't work, with?

Postby Drifter » Wed May 03, 2017 11:07 pm

-runs in screaming something about star wars-

i mean hi maro

-continues screaming-

ImageImage
================
================
================
-they/him-

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 04, 2017 5:38 pm

May the fourth be with you young skywalker!

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey everyone, sorry I've been gone for so long, my bunny is getting huge, I now have a 4 month old kitten I got last weekend, my daughter has started kindergarten and is turning five next week, and I've been super sick lately...

Also I've been super busy over on Avaricia and haven't had a chance to be on here all that much. Once I get 2k feathers again I'll be giving out the page prize... I feel bad for it taking so long..

Postby Gingerale » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

I'm sorry you have been so sick, I hope one day there can be a cure for you. :heart: Hopefully you have friends to help out - Mom's from your daughters school maybe?

How exciting your daughter is turning 5! Does she want to have a birthday party? Do you take cupcakes or cookies to her class ( is that even allowed anymore with sugar restrictions in school?). I bet she loves the new Kitty! Did she get to help choose the name?

Postby murmurlade » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Take care, Maro!

Your pets and children seem to be doing well but I hope you can handle taking care of everything n____n
Don't stress!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:34 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts