A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Yin cha hour

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Yin cha hour

Postby Adol Christin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:16 am

Do you like tea in real life?
I like green tea with honey. I'm eating green tea mochi with red bean paste and milk. I just got home from work. I'm tired.

Lucky! I'm a security officer at a tourist attraction and I have to go outside. Today was 33°C but phone says it felt like 40. @_@
I get to sit in ac for 30 minutes after patrolling the place tho.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 pm

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby Gingerale » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:51 am

I like the smooth flavor of Jasmine tea and I also like herbal teas generally over black teas. I normally drink my tea without cream, sometimes honey or lemon but there are a few British tea that just seem to go better with a little cream and cookies!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 2:35 am

Postby Adol Christin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:52 am

I feel like it too biter if I don't ad at least something like honey or a little sugar to it.
Green tea is my favorite. I also like herbal tea like ginger tea.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:24 am

green tea is soooo good for you! I like green tea <matcha> in food as well...and I agree...black tea's can be so bitter even when you dilute them but there are a few that are superb ...darjeeng for one and I like Lady Grey over Earl Grey but I do like my Earl grey with cream...I try to get my sugar from baked goods instead of my drinks since I have to watch my sugar in take....not that I'm not supposed to be watching my carbs as well...my body doesn't like it when I overdo some foods...even if some are considered healthy....which of course I am not talking about cookies when I say healthy. :wink:

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 3:35 am

Postby Adol Christin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Matcha foods taste good. I ate matcha red bean paste and milk mochi rolls for breakfast again. @.@ but I have stomach ache from putting milk in my coffee. I think lactose intolerant is a issue for me. I feel bloated, crampy and just ick.

Bake goods are good but I don't like plane water so I unfortunately get more sugar from drinks than recommend.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:34 pm

drink your tea as ice tea if you don't like plain water! I don't drink much in sugary beverages but I like to add some lemon or ginger to water sometimes...even a little lime gives it a nice zap.

I get crampy with dairy as well so i limit what I have...I am worse with cheese then milk though...if I am not careful I feel like I'm having some kind of attack and double up in pain.

Postby Adol Christin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:38 am

I do sometime. I ad stuff like fruit to water to buy I enjoy soda more than I should.
Milk is no good, evil sometimes. Lol

I'm home from work tired, might nap.
How are you

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Just got home from work and ready to nap :wink:

...but probably will go find something to eat since haven't had any lunch and am so hungry :distress:

Maybe I'll relax and have a nice cup of tea while I decide...

Postby Adol Christin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Welcome home from work. I hope you find something good eat. Hope your day was good to.

I bought matcha ice tea and accident bought the unsweet bottle. I had to ad sugar. It was very much like water. I couldn't drink it with no sweet.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm

I probably would have liked it unsweetened! They have sweetners over here...splenda, stevia, that people seem to like.

I'm going to cook in about an hour when the price of electricity goes down.

Postby Adol Christin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Are artificial sweeteners link to headache tho?

The price of electricity isn't solid?

Postby galled » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:25 pm

I've never had a problem with them, but I suppose someone may get headaches (there's always someone for everything!). However the term "artificial sweeteners" has been misused and natural sugar alternatives have been lumped together and people think they're all the same (Stevia is all natural for example).

In any case sugar in any form is poison to the human body. (The resulting inflamation of pretty much you whole body is quite extraodinary.) It's been linked to cancer and most diseases (even indirectly from excess fat and diabetes as a result of excess consumption). We're simply not designed/evolved to deal with the amounts of sugar available today.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:07 pm

Depending on who your power company is and what schedule you are on, there are price differences. Most people don't pay attention to the pricing like I do but ya, there are times when the cost is a lot less and I try to do my laundry or cooking etc during that time.

Postby Adol Christin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:17 am

Oh I see.
Everything toxic to humans if you eat in excess. Tho I hear from wife that avocado is only thing you can actually live off of. Too bad I hate avocado. Lol

Oh interesting. You must save much on your bill.
Maybe why American penpal's bill only $26 a month. He is night owl.

Postby galled » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:30 am

True! Excess is really bad. But the way the body reacts to sugar (even small amounts) appears to it like slow poison.

I like avacado, but only in small amounts. Eggs are almost a perfect food too. I suppose that's why we've evolved into omnivores! :)

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts