A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Yin cha hour

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Yin cha hour

Postby Gingerale » Tue May 19, 2020 9:17 am

I looked it up:
"Assam tea is a black tea named after the region of its production, Assam, India. Assam tea is manufactured specifically from the plant Camellia sinensis var. assamica. Assam tea is indigenous to Assam. Initial effort of planting Chinese varieties in Assam soil did not succeed.
"Assam tea is known for its full-bodied malty flavor, deep aroma, rich color, and brisk taste. Assam tea is also known as Assam black tea, breakfast tea, English breakfast tea or Irish breakfast tea."

I have had Irish & English breakfast teas so maybe I had it and didn't realize ?

There are SO many tea varieties in the market, it is always nice to have a good recommendation.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 am

Postby galled » Tue May 19, 2020 12:13 pm

My tastes change. My current favorite for a while has been green tea.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MissAutumn » Tue May 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Normally English breakfast tea is a mix of Assam and other teas (I think Celyon is one). Not sure about Irish tea. You've had at least a bit of Assam in your tea, gingerale.

My current favourite is Lady Grey tea. It's black tea with a hint of orange.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 19, 2020 3:34 pm

I love Lady Grey tea! It is light...as in no bitter taste that black tea can get...and is quite delightful with or without milk.

Postby Adol Christin » Tue May 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Iv had Irish breakfast. Its good but I did not know it was assam

You learn new things every day.

I don't put milk in my tea. I don't like milk.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:03 pm

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Milk in black teas helps reduce the bitterness but green, white, jasmine or herbal teas are much better withoput milk, in my opinion!

I'm not much of a milk fan unless it is in cream sauces or puddings or milkshakes!

Are you lactose intolerant or just don't like milk? Have you tried different types of milk besides cow milk? Like goat or sheep or almond or other nut milks?

Postby MissAutumn » Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm

I used to drink black tea without milk but I stopped as it stains your teeth. :strain: I use oat milk now. Cow's milk taste really gross for me (cheese and ice cream are fine).

Postby Adol Christin » Sun May 24, 2020 2:03 am

Ahhh! Typed in windlyn wrong and came to empty website and I thought windlyn was gone. Moment of panic. Haha

I am both lactose intolerant and I use to like milk but just don't anymore. Like ice cream and cheese.

I try goat milk but extremely expensive.

Oat milk taste weird. Taste like drinking hay to me lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Milk takes on the taste of what the animal ate. Goat milk tastes too gamey for me. Often milk kind of seems "sour". Less fat changes the flavor. I've never tried sheep or camel milk.

I don't drink milk plain very often. I do love ice cream!

Some people have success with pills for the lactose intolerance.

Almond/cashew milk tastes pretty good. I've never tried oat milk, but oats give me a rash.

I've done that before...forgot to add the "online" part and was like...what!?!?

Postby MissAutumn » Sun May 24, 2020 9:54 pm

That must have been scary.

I prefer goats milk to cow's. It's hard to find. I sometimes use soya milk, but I find the cheaper the brand the more likely it curdles in hot drinks. Have you tried rice milk, Lemon?

Drinking hay haha. :) It reminds me of porridge.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 25, 2020 7:15 pm

so...there is a mexican drink that is rice milk, they put cinnamon in it and it tastes soooo refreshing. That is the only rice milk I have tried.

Goats milk is richer then cows if I recall. My sister couldn't drink cows milk when she was young so we got goats so she could have goat milk.

I have tried soy milk but not really for coffee, just drank it plain. I'm not really a tofu fan either though. I'd just as soon not drink milk for the most part...probably why a container can spoil on me!

Postby Adol Christin » Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 pm

I really only drink milk when eating sweet. I have pill but it does not always work well. But today wife made moon cake because I have been craving some. so I take pill and drink milk with my moon cake. American co-worker said that sister always talking about how he should come home because Chinese made virus to take over world and make US suffer. I ask if she wear tinfoil hat. Do Americans see this as such or she just special?

Postby galled » Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 pm

You are very lucky to have such a awesome wife who can make moon cakes!

There are some people here pushing such theories, but I don't think it's mainstream. However I do think our reliance on China for critical things will be greatly reduced. The CCP, like most governments, are seen as evil because they understandably put their interests first. Keep in mind most all Americans are not against the regular everyday people of China, but we don't trust governments (even our own!). :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Unfortunately that theory has been quite prevalent and there have been some racist acts towards Chinese people in some areas. I saw an article on the Canadian news that a lady was putting up signs in her neighborhood telling Chinese people to "go back to China" because they spread disease. It is very sad. Fortunately someones doorbell camera caught her on the video and neighbors remembered seeing a lady of that same description and she was charged with hate crimes &I forget what else she was charged with.

Moon cakes ! Is it Moon festival already or is this just a special occasion? What did she use for the filling? I have never tried to make them because they look very difficult to make.

Postby Adol Christin » Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 pm

Well, that good thing to have heard because every day Chinese just like you guys, we can't help what government does to us.
Sad that people acting like we deseased. We suffering too.
Not until October is moon festival. But I just crave moon cake so she made me some. She use red bean paste.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts