A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Yin cha hour

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Yin cha hour

Postby Adol Christin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Ha whoops I love sugar. :grin: I seem to notice the as I get older, I don't like as much sweet.

Eggs are delicious. I have two every breakfast. Avocado taste like wet grass.

I got up earlier than need to be.

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 10:47 am

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:16 pm

I really only like avocado in guacamole with tortilla chips...but avocado oil is very good to cook with and avocado can take a high temp.

If you are in China...how were you allowed to have triplets?

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:47 pm

Postby galled » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 am

Depending on the weather, I like tea hot (not super hot!) or cold. Iced green tea is perhaps my favorite.

Your body is really usually very good at telling you things/giving clues to what it wants/needs or doesn't want. I think it's natural to want less sugary things as you mature (growing slows down).

One of the biggest realizations (enlightenment?) I've had so far in my life is realizing the difference between actually being hungry and just wanting to eat something (sugary or crunchy) even though my stomach was actually full, and then deciding whether to give into the urge or not rather than just stuffing my face! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Adol Christin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Lemon; Because one child policy is misleading. It was not directed to minorities and has been lifted to a couple children. Not only, it also do not apply to multiples but just separate pregnancies.

Guacamole is alright but not a fan of the texture. Its why I do not like pudding or anything like that. For some reason, mochi is okay. lol

Galled; Sometimes people eat to stimulate thmselves if they are bored. Or so I was told.
I hear that people eat sugar a lot in one sitting is because we didn't have a lot of places to get it when we were an emerging species. I don't know if it is truthful tho.

Iced green tea is delicious.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm

oh...I love pudding! (Especially warm pudding ). There is a sweet red bean soup, I forget what it is called, that is delicious...and almond pudding with fruit cocktail is really good and I will eat it warm or cold.

I am glad you didn't get penalized for having extra children! I heard there is a shortage of female's in China now because people were terminating pregnancies if they were girls or abandoning them. I know a good many people here that adopted baby girls from China.... fortunately they went to good homes but none of the adoptive parents are Asian.

Postby Adol Christin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Sorry for the absense you guys. I've been tired.

Lemon; Those sound good. I wish I like pudding's texture.

Me too. I was going to be sad if I get penalized.
That is unfortunate truth. some get left in Taklamakan desert or Gobi desert even. But china birth rates fall so low that they lift the one child policy to Hans to two. They are worried about population being too low now.
Glad your friends kids went to good homes! They deserve best.
Trivia: Taklamakan (in Mandarin; 塔克拉玛干沙漠 Takelamagan) mean "Place of no return".

Postby galled » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Sorry, you haven't been feeling well. I hope you're not coming down with something. Perhaps it's the heat?

Wait, are you saying people would leave their children in the desert?!!

Server Administrator

Postby Adol Christin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm

It's something I heard but don't know if it is true. Sometimes hearsay is not reliable.

I feel icky but I think you are right. It is 93°F but feel like 108°F according to weather app.

Postby galled » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Must be humidity. Heat plus humidity drains your energy.

I hope it's just rumors...

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Adol: you are still healing so don't over exert yourself and watch for signs of infection! Be kind to yourself !

Postby Adol Christin » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Im trying. I stayed home today but boss wasn't happy about it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:54 am

Do you get "sick days" at work? Can you take vacation time for sick days? If a Doctor writes a note can you get more days off?

After surgery, some companies in the US require you to have a Doctor's note or form filled out by the Doctor, releasing you to be able to go back to work and stating any limitations you may have. Maybe you can be on light duty for a couple weeks...it just seemed like you weren't able to hold your arms up or sit up very well that long ago!

But I know what it is like to be shorthanded at work and I am sure you are a good employee so they are anxious to have you back...but if you don't heal completely you could be out longer the next time.

Drink some ginger tea for energy ! :grin_wink:

Postby Adol Christin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:04 am

I didn't get to the store on time to get ginger. I'm eating ginger chews tho. Ginger is good.

It wasn't long. They've been letting me just handle tickets. But I'm tired alot still.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:09 am

If you feel feverish or the wound site is red then have the Doctor check your blood for infection...that could make you fatigued...or just healing in general takes up a lot of energy!

Make sure you stay hydrated as well...that can zap a person of energy.

Does your wife work as well?

Postby galled » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:34 pm

As long as you're feeling better every day (even marginally) you're going in the right direction. That is the important part even though it feels like s going slowly.

I hope you get well soon!

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts