A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Yin cha hour

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Yin cha hour

Postby Adol Christin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Positive view much better for mental health. :) I like that you try to be... what's the word for positive thinking?

One way. Zhengzhou is 15 hour and 55 minute from Fuzhou but with traffic, it become over 16 hour. Her dad is sick but in China, tradition is that we not tell him how sick he is. It feels like lying by avoidance of truth and I feel uncomfortable about it.

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 8:58 am

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby galled » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Optimist. ;)

China is huge! Traffic must be crazy. What is the speed limit there? Is gasoline expensive?

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:58 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:35 pm

I think there is a new movie out where the Grandma is dying and everyone goes to visit her but no one talks to her about her illness because the Asian custom is not to.

But I think even in western culture some of the older generation are kind of like that too where they won't tell you what exactly is wrong. But that isn't good because people need to know their family medical history.

Postby Adol Christin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Galled: Oh thank you!
Converted, it a little over 1 USD for liter.
Chinese traffic crazy. Next time, we probably fly.

Lemon; We don't tell the sick person. We know why they're dying they don't. So you know what is in family history.

Is there? I will have to look up.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:12 pm

One day I'd like to have an electric car...but for now I'll keep using my gas powered vehicle.

Flying has so many delay's now that it seems to take just as long as driving.

Postby Adol Christin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:20 pm

At least I could be sleep. I dislike driving.

Electric car seem cool

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I don't like to have to be the driver on long drive's and would rather be a passenger or take a flight.

Postby galled » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:38 pm

I can't wait for self driving cars!

Gas isn't that crazy expensive there then, but then again we pay one of the highest prices for gas here (frequently the highest) in the US.

I think I'd want to know I'm dying so I can prepare. Regret is/would be the worst thing for me.

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:42 pm

I want driverless cars so much. I think the roads would be so much safer. I avoid driving whenever I can.

I looked into the possibility of getting an electric car. Then I saw that you have to pay a monthly £50 ($60) battery hire on top. Looks like my next car is going to be another gas one.

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 12:58 am

Postby galled » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Wait, what? You have to rent a battery?!

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 am

Yeah, it's crazy. I think the idea of it is in case the battery breaks and saves you the cost of a new one. So it's basically insurance. But you'd probably end up paying more than what the battery costs.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:01 pm

crazy, never heard of such a thing! But I guess it allows people to be able to purchase a vehicle when they may not otherwise have enough money to ?

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 4:58 pm

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:26 am

I'm not sure if this happens in other countries but does here. I guess so but the cars are still out of most people's price range at the moment.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Hearing that makes me more appreciative of the opportunities we have here in North America since a vehicle is quite affordable all things considered...used ones are generally in good condition and not much more in cost then rent in some places.

Some companies also offer low to no percent loans around the end of the year to get rid of later or last years models...you still have to have a down payment though I believe.

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Car ownership in the North America sounds better in general. We get taxed so much on fuel... You can get good used cars here. It's advised that you go to a branded car dealership as you can get a good warranty on the car. Sometimes they fix the car up before the deal is completed. When I was getting my current car I noticed that it needed a new clutch when I test drove it. They replaced the clutch at no extra cost.

That's a pretty good percentage for a car loan. I would imagine you would need to.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts