A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Mouse's Hangout

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Mouse and the Diamond Giveaway [A Hang Out Thread]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:37 pm

I have to work this Saturday and then I get to rest...but at least I have a job and it pays the bills and gives me an opportunity to save money for the things I like!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:34 am

I'm glad you both like them!! Sorry I didn't post much yesterday I went to a wedding. I hope you both get to enjoy your weekends!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 pm

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:12 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Lemon. Do you work most Saturdays?

That's alright - we all get busy. Did you enjoy the wedding? Thanks, I hope you enjoy yours too.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:02 am

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:22 am

Yes, I had a bit to drink so it was fun :) we got together at the end and all played uno
I missed the wedding part because they wanted it to be really small and I also had to work! The reception was cute though. I like weddings mainly to see all the flowers.
What are you doing this weekend?

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:12 pm

That sounds like you had a good time. At least you could make it for the reception bit. It's understandable they wanted to keep it small. Weddings are so expensive even when you try to keep the costs low. I'm getting married a year in October so I know all about costs. :scream:

I'm spending most of the weekend reading. I'm trying to finish the book I'm reading before Victober starts on Tuesday (Victorian Literature October - it's an online readathon). We're due to have a storm hit tonight so I doubt I'll get out the house much tomorrow (it could last until Tuesday apparently).

How will you be spending your Sunday? :smile:

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Congrats on your engagement!! That's so exciting. Do you have a theme and everything in mind? They are very expensive!!
And that sounds really relaxing! I've never heard of it Victober. What will you be reading?
We had a storm here, too! Though I think it's passed (mostly, I hope).
I am going to work for a few hours and then I'm going to go paint in the park with some girl friends. I'm a little nervous because I get anxiety about hanging out with people! But I'm doing it :cheer:
After that I'm not sure!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Miss Autumn has a thread for anyone who wants to post what they are reading for Victober and KitAlpha Hart has a thread for anyone who wants to post pictures or talk about what they are drawing for Inktober.

Engaged!?!? How exciting! There are many ways to cut costs and still have an enjoyable wedding. Don't get sucked into all the frills that you don't need!

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Ah, I might try to do inktober!
I have been practicing a little more! Slowly but surely Image I made a mini me!
I hope you don't mind me showing, Im just really excited to be learning this!
And yes!! Unless you can afford the frills then roll in them!!

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:01 pm

Thanks Lemon & Mouse :cheer: I've been engaged for about 3 years now. My wedding theme is going to be Autumn (typical theme for me :p).

So far the only expensive thing about the wedding is the reception venue, for a venue it's pretty affordable. A lot of places we looked at their starting cost was our entire budget. We have found to cut costs so no frills for us. We're not spending a fortune on clothes (I think my fiancé is planning on wearing a suit he already has), the rings we're getting are not marketed as "wedding" so cut the price down a lot, also making the invitations and decorations ourselves, etc.

For my Victober reading list, go check out my thread in the Reading Nook. It started out on a very niche part of YouTube called BookTube a couple of years ago. There's also a GoodReads group. This is my first year taking part.

When you have anxiety you just have to push yourself to do things. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

That's a cute little pixel art. Go ahead and show us. It'll be nice to see you progress as you learn.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:53 am

I like the mini me! I love how you even put an expression on the face!

Don't laugh, ok you can, but Goodwill/thrift stores sometimes have beautiful wedding gowns/dresses for less then $100 for sale.

Over here most men rent their tux's but there are some very nice suits that can be purchased for the same cost or less.

Last summer I went to a wedding on the beach...the guys all wore Hawaii style shirts and shorts and sandals the girls had bright dresses ( styled so they could wear them again) that matched the colors of the flowers in the bouquet. They had made a pebble and shell "walkway" for her to come down and everyone stood for the ceremony. It was a lovely, simple and memorable wedding. But I have also been to a few outside weddings..one was just in their back yard with chairs set up and we had a barbeque for the reception...casual but intimate.

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:48 pm

I have heard of that. Not seen any that sell them where I live. I've seen styles of wedding dresses I like for around £100 at department stores though.

There's an idea about the tux. I'll see if he's thought of that. I have no idea how organised the groom party is at the moment.

Aww that sounds like a lovely wedding. :3 I've told my bridemaids to pick styles of dresses that they like. So they can wear them again. I probably would have gone for something low key and causal as the back yard one you mentioned. But my fiancé didn't want that, so we've gone for a traditional one. I'm happy he's sensible about keeping the costs as low as possible as I am.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:04 pm

Him being financially realistic is a good sign!

Sometimes holding a reception at a restaurant is cheaper then renting a place, hiring a caterer and worrying about clean up and decorating etc. You can still do your own table centerpieces etc but the restaurant takes care of everything else and you just pay and walk away.

There is also the afternoon tea type of reception which you are only paying for finger foods and not a meal. You can still serve wine and beer ( hard liquor is so expensive and who wants the responsibility of having drunk guests?).
Actually, since you like Victorian style, would that fit in with your personality better? Very traditional as well. If the weather is nice there in October you could have a garden reception party. England must have some cool sites you can rent out.

Postby Mouse » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:55 pm

That is so cute! I feel like september or october is perfect wedding weather! There's nothing wrong with saving a little money. And goodwill/ other thrift stores are amazing! You can find a lot of cute things :)

I like casual small weddings the best because not everyone is attacking the bride and groom. You get a word in and they don't seem to be as stressed as they do at larger weddings!

Tea and finger food would be absolutely adorable!

And I will check it out!

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 pm

We've already booked the reception venue - good suggestions though. :) We booked it back in February.

We're having a church ceremony in our village (a Victorian church so it's old and pretty) and then the reception venue is in another village not far from us. The venue is an old Coaching Inn pub. The venue comes with basic decorations (table cloths, seat coverings, centrepieces) and we're able to bring in our own decorations so I'm making a lot of them. They're also sorting out the catering. We're only serving house wine, juice and water with the meal. Having an open bar is not really a thing we do here. At least I've never been to a wedding where that's been a thing.

The weather in October can either be really good or really wet. So we avoided anything outdoors. It's such a gamble over here.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 pm

The church should make a wonderful background for some beautiful photo's!

Nice to hear open bars aren't done every where. I rarely drink and it annoys me when people ruin an occasion by getting obnoxiously drunk.

You were smart to give yourself enough planning time and making decorations yourself just adds that special touch. Plus it gives you time to take advantage of sales!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts