A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Mouse's Hangout

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Mouse and the Dreamy Giveaway [A Hang Out Thread]

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 am

That's ashame. Hopefully it'll be on there soon. They only started uploading them for the UK so fingers crossed that they'll appear.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 5:33 pm

Postby Mouse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm hoping so. I think disney has the rights here but I'm not sure.
My home had an above ground pool that came with it. I finally took it down today. It wasn't well taken care of and was a little eye sore. Now I'm excited because I want to put a little gazebo with a swing where it was (in do time!!)

Image Maybe something like this but a little larger.

Not going to happen for a while because I still have a lot to do and it's kind of overwhelming but we have been taking little baby steps and it's slowly coming together!

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 9:33 am

Postby galled » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:51 pm

That's an awesome idea!
Will you build it from plans or can you get a kit or something?

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 10:33 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:40 pm

That gazebo is so charming! It looks like you could even sit in it if it was raining!

Postby Mouse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:59 pm

I am hoping to build it from a plan! I'm not sure though I'll have to see.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:08 pm

It is very lovely...I hope you get to build it! How long did it take to clear the pool? That sounds like a lot work!

Postby Mouse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:08 pm

When we bought the home it wasn't well taken care of. It had algae build up and mosquitoes everywhere. It took a few days, we didn't have the proper stuff to drain it so we used a sump pump and then when it got low enough we flipped it. Absolutely disgusting!! It smelled really horrible...basically it was a pond! It took 4 days or so. He wanted to save it in case we ever wanted to clean it and later we decided we dont want it. I may try to sell the aluminum though so I guess it wasnt completely useless. >n<
Theres a deck too thats for just the pool too and I want to sledgehammer it down!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Sounds like it needed to be taken out...ugh, sludge! But I great idea to see if you can sell the aluminum...did you call around to see if they will pick it up and buy it?

Is the deck quality something you can rebuild/reuse ?

Postby Mouse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:31 pm

A guy I work with takes his aluminum somewhere and sales it so Im going to ask him tomorrow. Sorry for my grammar by the way Im using a tablet today and its kind of weird! I couldn't really use it for anything. Maybe raised garden beds or something but Im mot sure if Id like them

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:45 pm

raised garden beds would be nice! but it sounds like you have a few options which is nice.

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 pm

That pool sounded so disgusting! The gazebo will be a much nicer feature to have. Raised flower beds look good, especially in a symmetrical Roman style garden, but there's so much you can do.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 5:33 pm

Postby Mouse » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm

I'm not really sure about what to do! I have a mole issue out there as well that I will have to take care of first but I did buy seeds!!

Postby galled » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm

We have to deal with gophers although we did have a mole once. I stuck a running hose in the "ridge" of a tunnel and he came came popping out! I stuck him in a bucket, but I don't recall what I did with him. (Mentally blocking it our perhaps!) All I can remember is thinking how small it was. I always thought they'd be bigger (gopher size or slightly smaller).

Maybe you need a cat! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:57 pm

If you have ground rodents then I suggest raised garden beds with a flooring that can't be chewed through. Even with chicken wire the rodents find a way through...either by it rusting and breaking down so they can push through it or they "squirm" through the holes. I wasted money on chicken wire to find out that it only works for awhile.

And definitely get an outdoor cat to help you out!

Postby Gingerale » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 pm

There are rodent traps you can get but I am not sure how you are at handling dead animals, it can be disgusting. There are some poisons that kill small rodents but won't kill the animals that might eat them by mistake.

A cat or neighbor's cat is a great idea!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts