A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Tae-Bar [What Happened Today?]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Tae-Bar [What Happened Today?]

Postby Taenia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:18 pm

t a e - b a r

come and sit a spell
pull a up a stool
(or a chair if you'd like to be
eye level with some old gum)

have a soda or a tea
and tell me

what happened to you today?

was it: good, bad, uneventful, amusing, sad, productive, fun
do you feel: happy, sad, proud, excited, sick, tired, neutral
would you have done anything different?
if you had a bad day, make sure to tell me something good about it
[the sunset, a cute animal you saw, hearing your favourite song]

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:15 am

Re: Tae-Bar [What Happened Today?]

Postby Taenia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:18 pm

r e s e r v e d

Postby Taenia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:19 pm

f i n a l r e s e r v e d

Postby Taenia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:15 pm

i am happy to start, even if i just end up talking to myself :cheer:

today I had a looot of pain and it made me grouchy. if i could change one thing it would probably be try to be less frumpy because of it.
we stayed late and got a lot of good work done though, so that makes me happy.
and coming home to cuddle my old grouchy dog and my puppy while I play on this site makes everything brighter.

does anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? games planned, finishing a book, binge watching a television series, a hike, a trip maybe?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:36 pm

oh you ARE open! You chose my favorite color ~ green!

I am sorry you are in so much pain...I hope tomorrow will be better for you. Does resting help? Does anything soothing like a hot tub soak or warm compresses or a massage help?

I had a productive day today, have to work tomorrow but hopefully it will be a shorter day. I might be a couch potato and do some binge watching the rest of the week end!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 4:15 am

Postby Taenia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:28 am

I love green and yellow :)

A hot pad and my memory foam mattress help my pains the most :) today is much better, though I did find out my puppy has contracted some intestinal parasites. He got meds and will be fine, I just hate to see him belly aching.

I'm sorry you have to work the weekend. Is that normal or not so frequent with your job?
I hope you get lots of your favourite show in!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Now that your puppy is getting meds he should feel much better!

I work every other Saturday usually. Sometimes in a row.

Postby galled » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 pm

My turn to be in pain. I woke up with back pain today. I was washing our front door yesterday to prep it and I guess I must have reached and twisted the wrong way. :(

Funny thing I was fine last night, but hoo-boy this morning was not fun!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Taenia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:16 pm

Lemon- Does that cut into your days off? Or do they just give you another day off?

galled- I'm sorry to hear that :( I know exactly what you mean, sadly. But it sounds like you were very productive leading up to that!

Postby galled » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Thanks. :hug: lol yep, no good deed goes unpunished!

The scary thing about an electric car would be getting repairs anywhere other than a very expensive dealer...

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:09 am

Whoever works Saturday takes Tuesday off so we don't go into overtime.

I didn't go grocery shopping this week end to try and find the almond flour. I've used coconut flour before but you have to use A LOT more liquid in a recipe since it just absorbs it.

My boss brought doughnuts in to work today. I can actually resist most doughnuts except maple and creme filled or jelly filled doughnut holes. But something in the dough upsets my stomach.

Postby Taenia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:50 pm

galled - That's a definitely something to be concerned about. You would HAVE to a dealer close by, or not flinch at a 100 mile tow bill. I doubt any non electric dealerships would be able to work on something like a Tesla. Small local shops, like the one I work at, aren't even really set up to deal with newer vehicles and all of their electronics, nonetheless a completely electric car.

Lemon - I haven't done much gluten free baking at all the last few years, so I didn't know that, but i will definitely keep that in mind. I find going out grocery shopping to be a stressful bane in the first place and this Covid stuff hasn't made it any better. I am really digging the 6 foot rule though. My personal bubble has never been so happy.
I used to question non-celiac gluten sensitivity in the past because of the poorly conducted, highly promoted research that had been done. As time goes on though, I am beginning to think its way more likely (with how over processed everything is) and it's just a coincidence those studies were inaccurate.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:51 pm

I wonder if it is the oil they cook the doughnuts in that upset my stomach...I've never really looked into it.

Tate's cookies are yummy...crunchy but gluten free ! About $3.99 a bag though which have a dozen cookies maybe?

It was a lovely evening, went out for a nice leisurely walk. I'm waiting for it to get dark so I can go see if I can see any meteors tonight.

Postby galled » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Heh, other than the masks and some places still being closed or on limited hours (and people being out of work of course), and shortage of some stuff, I actually like the shutdown and the personal bubbles too. I'm a germaphobe to begin with already and don't like personal interaction with strangers. ;)

The latest electric cars on one hand are simpler (fewer parts), but also more complicated (black boxes with no documentation that probably require special tools and/or software). I hope the guys at iFixit are able to fill in the blanks one day!

Server Administrator

Return to Hangouts