A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Soup Center

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Soup Center

Postby Bassy » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:44 am

I made some this morning instead. It was delicious, with some burnt ones too. I always at least burn one side of one or two of them.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Bassy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:14 pm

You know what I really hate?

Background checks

I am having a difficult time trying to get everything sorted. Getting proof. The agency that I go through still changed companies and finding a way to get my first day pay stub, is very difficult. I just got the full time job offer and I'm trying to make sure I get everything ready for orientation, etc. I'm excited for the three dollar pay raise and a shift differential and 2 raises within my first year. This process for getting hired on has been difficult.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Congratulations on the full time job and raise increase!

Over here on the West coast they are so desperate for people to work that they have increased wages. One small business said he went from paying $15 an hour to $20 an hour and I saw Kohl's is starting people at $17/hr. now ... although with rents starting at $1000 for one room a month that hardly seems like it would cover costs. :scream:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 am

Postby Bassy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:12 am

There are still $10 minimum wages here. I know someone getting paid $9 because the manager don’t give people raises. Rent it almost hitting that here, just hitting a few hundred below that. I don’t know if it’s because it’s because of the difference of political parties or what but people don’t understand poor people lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:25 am

Thank God I have a job that helps pay my health insurance costs or I couldn't afford to live. There are no incentives to help poorer people to get out of their poverty and to stop being dependent on gov't.

Like the low income housing here, you can only make a bare minimum to live there or your rent cost goes up and then you are kicked out. So how does a person save money? What incentive is there to do better? It encourages lying ( working under the table & not reporting and hiding the money) and sometimes encourages thievery. If gov't wants to supplement wages and health insurance costs for small businesses so people will work, be productive, save money so then I am for that. But it is so stressful & discouraging to work your butt off & barely make by. Something is wrong with that. If us workers who are lower on the totem pole in the larger companies aren't working then the CEO's higher up eventually are not going to make money so why not share some of that wealth within the company? And please, can we start hiring or voting in the most qualified person for a job so we can actually be productive & not just hire to meet some quota?

On another note ~ Happy Thanksgiving! Are you going home to family to celebrate?

Postby Bassy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:33 pm

I did celebrate, had 2 thanksgivings in one day. I was wore out after that. Right now I'm still waiting for this bg check to get done so I can start this full time position. I feel like its gonna take forever to go through.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Sadly HR stuff is backed up because of people working remote. Hope it goes through soon for you!
It will feel nice to have an extra few dollars coming in and to improve your work experience for your resume for future job opportunities.

Postby Bassy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:59 am

It did finally go through the day I was supposed to start orientation. So I did my first week on full time and I am happy. I'm still trying to get my benefits enrolled which is difficult to do.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Congratulations!

Ya, I had to update benefits and got so frustrated and they only give you a specific time period to do it or you are screwed for a whole year. Hope you got it all done!

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:28 am

I know I have thirty days to do so. I couldnt call them over the weekend because theyre closed and I slept in too much to call them this morning. my phone didnt charge last night so its currently charging before work. Reallly not in the mood to deal with it today

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:57 pm

Important thought to prioritize it because you never know when you might need to use the coverage.

I've done that where I think my phone charges and it didn't!

Postby Bassy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:33 pm

Its been a long, tough day. Happy to unwind and revisit old websites I havent been on in years.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Glad you are getting some "chicken soup for the soul" after a long day!

Postby Bassy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:34 pm

The site I really visited was Wattpad. I have a story I never finished but I had so many story ideas that I never fell through with lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:56 pm

Story lines revistited can be the ones that come to fruitation!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts