A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Dream and Nightmare Fragments

Moderator: Ryvvi

Dream and Nightmare Fragments

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:51 am

DREAM and NIGHTMARE FRAGMENTS

Just a place where you can write what you dream about last night or during your nap time?
shorter version is recommended, random dream story is okay....
(5 sentences max or less) :grin: :grin_wink:

Anyone thinks people can have same dreams?
How about Lucid dreaming...knowing you are dreaming or in dreamland?... :shock:
Can you tell time inside the dream?
Can you see peoples faces?
Hear their voices? smell their scent? fell the rush?? when chased by something?
Have power? or you can fly?...

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 9:47 am

Re: Dream and Nightmare Fragments

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:36 am

If you journal your dream as soon as you wake up it helps you to remember the details since they fade so rapidly.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 10:47 am

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:55 am

so true..sometimes I remember but some just nonsense dream fragments

Postby galled » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:38 pm

I'm of the opinion that dreams are kind of a joining and/or sorting of data bits and emotion. What seems to be important in my dreams is how I feel, not necessarily the things/items in my dream (they are almost always represenations or icons rather than literal). Then I tend to look at the situation(s) that cause the feeling(s) I had/remember about it all. Of course after some reflection I can usually trace back to something going on in my life that mirrors the plot.

Then again, if I'm sick with a fever, I have really wacky dreams--I'd actually classify them as feverish nightmares--which are not the same as dreams IMHO. :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:31 pm

galled wrote:I'm of the opinion that dreams are kind of a joining and/or sorting of data bits and emotion. What seems to be important in my dreams is how I feel, not necessarily the things/items in my dream (they are almost always represenations or icons rather than literal). Then I tend to look at the situation(s) that cause the feeling(s) I had/remember about it all. Of course after some reflection I can usually trace back to something going on in my life that mirrors the plot.

Then again, if I'm sick with a fever, I have really wacky dreams--I'd actually classify them as feverish nightmares--which are not the same as dreams IMHO. :)

I super agree on emotional aspect on the dream... I really don't like when I wake up having cried a lot after also in my dream

Postby galled » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:55 am

I can't say every time I've woken like that (a big cry) it was terrible/a bad thing. In fact with in my case it's been positive overwhelmingly most of the time (but it doesn't happen very often--once every few years). I've awakened with tears of joy, cathartic tears (I just needed to get it out of my system), and other times I don't know what I was crying about or for, but I felt better. I can't discount hormones being a factor, but I suspect frustrations/feeling out of control with my life (as in not in control) were at the root of the bad cries.

Server Administrator

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:04 pm

pats pats I hope everything on your side becomes more better and much bearable so even when you dream you get well rested and relaxed.. having good night sleep is gold nowadays.. I agree that crying lightens that heavy feeling inside..I do sometimes wakes up crying sometimes because in my dreams my plans and dreams a success I feel contented overjoyed that I cried..but sometimes there are dreams that made my cry and wake up in the mid-sleep and feel like don't wanna go back to sleep and gonna be thinking in the next couple of hours

Postby galled » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:12 pm

Thank you. I didn't mean to give the impression I'm in the thick of it. Like I said, it happens very infrequently (once every few years). All is fine on my end. :)

I kind of feel like in situations like that dreams are meant to be a wake up call (pardon the pun) of issue(s) that the conscious mind needs to sort out. The trick is knowing what you have control over and letting go the burden of grinding on those.

I hope all is well on your end and you're haveing a wonderful day!

Server Administrator

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:16 pm

Thank you...everything is well.
Nowadays I don't dream anymore or else I really don't remember having one....

Postby galled » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:10 pm

The dreams I remember lately are the goofy ones. I wake up and giggle a bit about. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:30 am

how I wish I'll get to dream tonight

Postby galled » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:40 am

Pleasant dreams, Vaughn!

I have noticed that how (my state of mind before) I go to sleep influences if and what I dream and what I have planned for the next day also affects the quality of sleep I get (which affects dreaming). Have you noticed that?

Server Administrator

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:43 pm

yep...

Postby galled » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:20 pm

Heh, on a *somewhat* related subject I saw a vid of someone making the argument that telling people to "follow your dreams" should be tempered against what their dreams are. He interviewed a bunch of young people and it was remarkable how many said their dreams were to become a tik-tok/youtube/etc. influencers--that's what the world needs--more influencers! Wooo-boy...

Well, back on subject; what's interesting to me is when I dream that I'm in a familiar place (like home) and I don't recognize anything, yet I think in my dream it is my home. Like there are extra rooms that I didn't know I had or now my house is next to the park (where it isn't in real life) and I just go with it!

Server Administrator

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:10 am

oh my... I dream about a celebrity! XD and like we meet at a potluck lol...so yeah I pulled him and say lets eat lmao ...too friendly in a dream not my usual self in real life

Next

Return to Hangouts