A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Arc Barc

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Arc Barc

Postby Arc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am

I've never shopped at Trader Joe's, but now I might have to to check that out. @-@

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm

Postby Arc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:25 am

A lot of cancellations due to patients being sick this week. The inconsistent weather (plus a few COVID exposures) seems to be getting to everyone.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:22 pm

Trader Joe's has some reasonably priced sweets... their generic english toffee is cheaper than almond roca & I like their dark chocolate covered almonds as well. Their ice cream is very creamy.

Ciabatta buns are only $1.99 a bag of 4 & frozen green beans are an easy veggie to cook up.

Their coffee is reasonable price & they have a low acid one.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 1:29 pm

Postby Arc » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:19 am

Those all sound like such great deals! Tbh, I have a grudge against Trader Joe's that I need to try getting over.

I applied there after I graduated college and they told me they'd get back to me in a few days. A month went by and they sent me a letter in the mail saying I didn't get the job. I think I've been bitter towards them ever since because I really needed a job then, and instead of leaving me hanging they could have just called to say I didn't get hired. Why have me wait for a month just to send a letter with two sentences? =.= I applied to other jobs while waiting and still struggled, so I guess that bitterness still lingers.

Postby Ashton » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:16 pm

Arc!

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 pm

Postby Arc » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:15 am

Ashton! :'o

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:11 pm

I know people who boycott Trader Joe's but for other reasons.

I don't buy much there but I do buy a few things.

Sorry management at TJ's wasn't very helpful or informative. Someone I know who did work there said they had to be put on a waiting list for a position to come open. When it did & they got hired they worked there for maybe 2 yrs & then transferred to a Trader Joe's somewhere else.

Costco seems to have good benefits but it seems like you have to get on seasonally first & then might get the opportunity for something more permanent. But since they give benefits for only working part time that is a plus.

Postby Arc » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:25 pm

Benefits for part-time? Hmmm, maybe I could consider applying there. I've been thinking about applying for a second job because I need more money. My rent is going up in April and everything is just so expensive now-a-days. ;-;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:04 pm

Benefits included in a job is like not having to work a part time job to cover it... rent is SO expensive now... it puts people in the position of not having insurance or not eating just to make ends meet. So frustrating.

Postby Arc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:47 am

"or not eating just to make ends meet" is pretty much how I am at the end of each month. Last week my friend ordered us pizza and he felt so bad when he saw my empty fridge that he let me keep all the left-over pizza. I have some foods stocked up like beans, rice, tuna, cheap frozen meat, etc, but at the end of the month I usually try to ration them until I'm able to go grocery shopping again.

Postby Arc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:18 am

There's a camera man at my job today filming a commercial of the dental clinic. They're in the lobby right outside my window. @-@

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:26 am

Maybe you can be in the commercial !

Food tends to come on sale every 3 weeks & I do use coupons when I can to help cut the price down even further... then you can have things, like canned soup or frozen veggies etc stocked up for the leaner days.

You can freeze individual packs of chicken breasts or thighs when they come on sale.

Unfortunately staples like milk, bread don't come on sale... except half & half does!

Grocery stores offer loyalty discounts so join them, sometimes you can get free food or $ off

Postby Arc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

I had the option to play as a patient for the commercial, but I wasn't in the best mood yesterday, so I decided not to do it. ^^;

I have a Kroger card and get coupons, freebies, and discounts from them! It's really helpful and I always enjoy getting new coupons in the mail. :3 I also look for reduced-price items while I'm shopping and usually go for the cheaper options of things.

Postby Ashton » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

<.<

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 pm

Postby Arc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

>.>

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts