A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Team Maro & Team Turtle Holiday Fest! [~CLOSED~]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Team Maro & Team Turtle Holiday Fest! [~CLOSED~]

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:18 am

VVelcome, come one, come all!
Everyone is cordially invited to Maro & Turtle Sensei's Holiday Fest!
Fabulous prizes and contests abound!

Sensei and I vvere having a chat and vve both agreed that hosting a joint holiday event vvould be a great idea! The event is going from the thirteenth of December until the thirteenth of January.
This should give people plenty of time to join in and have a sleigh load of fun!

VVe'll be giving out the prizes at the end of the event, as vvell as random prizes every day! *
So make sure to drop in as often as you can!~

* Page/post & hide 'n seek prizes vvill be handed out as they are vvon though.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm

Art by - ciel

Event Rules

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:20 am

:L_Wing: Please follovv site ToS
:L_Wing: Be merry vvith vvhomever you meet in here!
:L_Wing: You cannot vvin page/post or random prizes tvvice in a rovv
:L_Wing: Please have your entries in by the deadline of each contest
:L_Wing: Rules are subject to change at any time if need be
:L_Wing: Please do your best to keep entries for art/vvriting contests pg-13
:L_Wing: Nothing has to be specifically christmas themed to be entered, just vvintery or vvinter holiday themed.
:L_Wing: You are allovved to enter more than one contest at the same time, so feel free to do so!
:L_Wing: You cannot make multiple entries to the same contest as that vvould be unfair to others
:L_Wing: It'd be easier if anyone sending their entry in a pm sent it directly to me so I can update the entry areas as soon as possible.

Page/Post/Random Prizes

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:20 am

Page 10 - 100 :Feather: VVon by Mystmist
Page 20 - 200 :Feather: VVon by Yuracrye
Page 30 - 300 :Feather: VVon by Mika
Page 40 - 400 :Feather: VVon by polly
Page 50 - 500 :Feather: VVon by npixelz
Page 60 - 600 :Feather: VVon by Blue Jay
Page 70 - 700 :Feather: VVon by Lina
Page 80 - 800 :Feather: VVon by Spyridon
Page 90 - 900 :Feather: VVon by Xye
Page 100 - 1000 :Feather: VVon by Key Gavotte

Post prizes still being decided

Random prizes can be anything from an item to feathers.
They vvill be given out to random users in this thread every day.

Prizes given so far;

Prizes in this colour vvill be given out by Maro
Prizes in this colour vvill be given out by Turtle Sensei

All prizes are going to be decided using a random number generator from random.org excluding the post prizes.

Since some users aren't clear on hovv the RNG is vvorking I'll explain a little better.

Every user on the page only gets 1 number , not multiple based on hovv many posts they made on that page. This is because it vvould be very unfair if someone posted say 8 times on a page and another user only managed to squeeze in one post. So here's hovv it vvorks;

First person other than Maro or Turtle Sensei to post on the page is number 1 , second person is number 2 and so on and so forth until all users vvho have posted on that page have been given a number. Then from 1 to vvhatever the ending number is for that page is inputted into the RNG and vvhichever number pops up is the vvinning user. If said user has already vvon a prize then it vvill be dravvn again until someone vvho has not previously vvon is generated.

I hope that clears things up!

Hide n' Seek to VVin a Treat!

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 am

Maro & Turtle Sensei vvill be randomly posting tvvo images of their ovvn choices. First to quote that image gets a prize! Prizes are a secret until they are received by the vvinners~ ;3 Note; the images vvill only be posted in the event thread to keep it somevvhat easier for people to find.

Prizes given out so far;

Rafupama Catalina to Blue Jay
Headshot of Avi to polly [completed]

Maro's Image;

Turtle Sensei's Image;

Art prizes given out;

to polly
[+] SPOILER

VVriting Contest ~Nice Edition~

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 am

Just as the title of this post says this is the Nice Edition of our vvriting contest!
This portion is hosted by Turtle Sensei!
The theme is nice holiday or vvinter stories, they can be done either as a short story, a poem, or even a song if you vvant!

Deadline for entries; 5th of January.
All stories should be submitted through pm for convenience, thank you!

Prizes;

Undecided for novv.

VVriting Contest ~Naughty Edition~

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:23 am

Novv for the Naughty Edition of our vvriting contest!
This portion is hosted by Maro!
The theme is naughty holiday or vvinter stories, they can be done either as a short story, a poem, or even a song if you vvant!
Please keep them pg-13!!

Deadline for entries; 5th of January.
All stories should be submitted through pm for convenience, thank you!

Prizes;

Undecided for the time being.

Nice VVriting Entries

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 am

Polly's Entry
[+] SPOILER
It was a freezing cold Christmas night. Melissa who just turned fifteen whose birthday was surprisingly on December 25th which is also popularly known as Christmas when Jesus Christ was born was lying on her bed with piles of blankets on top of her. Melissa’s parents thought of her as blessed child as she was born on Christmas. She was exhausted and tired but she was not sleepy at all. She was watching the stars jingle and all she could hear was the cold winter breeze and some noisy neighbors who had put on the old Christmas song “jingle bells” on their radio which was on full volume. Melissa didn't mind them being so noisy instead she thought “it is Christmas after all, let them have fun.”
She was recollecting all the fun things she did that day and was giggling and smiling happily while remembering the funny moments. The loud jingle bells song that her neighbors put on slowly started to slow down and her vision started to fade away. She was starting to fall asleep.
Just then she heard someone say “Merry Christmas! Ho ho!” As she was surprised she sat up quickly in her bed and looked around to check if there were any thieves in her room but there weren't any even though she checked everywhere then she noticed a big box wrapped neatly which was kept on her window side. She looked out of the window and in the starry sky; she saw Santa’s sleigh flying in the sky.
Now she believed that Santa was in her room who came to give Melissa her precious birthday as well as Christmas present.
written by polly

Blue Jay's Entry "All I vvant is to give cookies"
[+] SPOILER
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the forum,
There was no posts made by players that day.
Which had set in such a boredom.
For one was stirring by the name of Blue Jay.

He had spent all his time in the kitchen making cookies galore
Singing songs of merriment while thinking of surprising each friend
They had no idea what plans he had in store
A cookie bananza of which he hoped had no end.

He called out each name one at a time
For Turtle, Maro, Myst, Mika, Karl and Ryvvi!
Can’t forget Diana, ZB, Polly, Pixel and Lime.
These will be for Baco, Yuracye, Neko, Vlad and Sanchi

Slowly he filled one basket one after the other.
He then set aside one for someone so dear.
A basket to give to the grave of his late mother
Then with one final cookie he shouted with cheer!

I have completed the cookies for everyone!
He shouted with glee!
This is going to be so much fun!
He really believed.

He entered the threads with hope in his heart
That the cookies he made would bring such joy!
Did I do something wrong? Did I mess up my part?
I must of wrote the wrong date again I’m such a forgetful boy!

There was not a single person to be found there that day
Which brought tears to his little eyes.
He went from a bright happy blue to a sad Blue Jay.
Then with a tap on his shoulder he got the surprise.

Standing behind him was all his friends in footie pajamas
“We thought you would enjoy them!” said Turtle while handing one to him.
Grabbing him Neko cried out, “Now come to Mama!”
Looking at his friends his happiness started to brim.

Thank you everyone for making this Christmas the best that I had.
It’s been so different these past few years
That the holiday season usually makes me sad
Thanks to all of you this one has filled me with Cheer!

So the little Blue Jay hopped to his work.
He handed out cookies to everbody one by one
While his few friends were dancing even trying to Twerk
As they laughed and talked the day was fun.

Key Gavotte's Entry "Ion's Scarf"
[+] SPOILER
Permafrost sat on top of the hill, frosty stockinged legs pulled against her chest. Her white skirt puffed out around her like the snow. Next to her sat her only companion for the winter, not that anyone willingly came toward the delicate young spirit. This friend she built herself. Now the snow bear sat guard, as perfect and unmelted as the day she created him. The pebble eyes gave a blank stare. Her own eyes may have been wide like a child’s but she was not one. Though winged like a fairy, she stood the size of a shorter adult human. Her older sister, Winter, looked far more regal. Tall, queenly, she had the ice crown and adoration to match. Even a spirit like Winter got attention these days. Only the micro-spirits ended like Permafrost.
“Snow bear, will you talk to me?” the girl asked. She never gave the creature a mouth though. It didn’t fit on the round white face. She covered up that spot with her scarf because her little friend must get cold here. The violet fabric tucked snuggly around the bear’s neck. She felt her no cold herself. Or was cold something natural to her all the way down to her heart? Staring down at her blue tinged fingers, she thought that must be the case. She looked like a frost-bitten ice sculpture.
A flurry of noise above had Permafrost shooting her eyes up to the starry sky. At first, she just saw stars above her. Then the star pattern distorted as if something unseen passed over it. Permafrost scrabbled to her feet, breaking the ice where she melded with her environment. “W-what’s going on?” she cried out. The wide empty world swallowed her tiny voice. Permafrost’s crystalline wings trembled at her back.
There again, a spark of color to the east. She whipped her head around, but she could not catch sight of the creator of this disturbance. Only out of the corner of her eye did she catch glimpses. The second she looked at it directly, the flashes disappeared as if they could only be seen through an indirect method. Permafrost was about to give up her fear and investigate when something sailed through the air and right into the back of her head. She actually squeaked from surprise. Snow slid out of her long braids to the frozen ground below.
“Aren’t you a twitchy little thing. Come on, it’s just a bit of fun.”
Permafrost had to whip around yet again, because the voice came from a different direction than the snowball. A boy looking similar in age to her leaned both elbows on top of her snow bear’s head, grinning from ear to ear. Permafrost gasped. A human? No, a spirit like her because the wings at his back emitted the full color spectrum, visible and not. In a flutter here or there, they sparked and the full rainbow filled her eyes. “Who are you?” she asked, still tense. Her time in the northern plains left her woefully unaccustomed to interaction. In these days, humans rarely travelled so far north and did not stay. Even the animals only flitted, often wary. A spirit decked in bright reds and soft yellows did not match this white world.
“My name’s Ion,” the impish boy grinned. He slipped away and appeared in front of her, quick as light. His eyes shone white and his salmon colored hair spiked up like he exuded energy of some kind. “You got a name, missy?” He came close then danced away again, seeming the sort to never sit still.
“Um…I’m Permafrost. Maybe you know my big sisters, Winter and Snow.” She felt the need to introduce herself in relation so the bigger names. In reality, she had dozens of siblings. Spirits tended to come out that way, like a tree of similar natures. Together all of Permafrost’s family made up the many facets of Winter. Summer and his siblings like Heat and Lightning Bug worked the same. She couldn’t place the name Ion though. Did he belong to one of the seasons?
As if understanding Permafrost’s thoughts, Ion lifted one side of his mouth in a rueful grin. “Ah, so you are. It’s very nice to meetcha Permafrost. I know of your sisters, but if you don’t mind, I’d rather hang with you.” He clasped his hands behind his back, rocking on his heels. She watched in wonder as he stood perfectly on the top layer of the snow, not sinking down into it. “See, the thing is, I’m not like you and the other seasons. I don’t have a place to be because I’m everywhere all the time. But even though I’m everywhere, no one can see me. Isn’t that such a pity?”
“No one can see you? Then…what are you?” she asked, her pale blue brows furrowing. The boy tilted his head, one hand shifting to his hip.
“I guess you could say I’m particles. Like…just stuff.” Ion couldn’t explain himself any better. He just was. Wasn’t that enough? He spread out his hands as if to explain this, encompassing all the world around him. “But I guess you know a bit what it’s like. I haven’t seen a human in a long while around here. Not much…to offer.” He winced at his own words. Permafrost just shook her head, a soft smile on her lips. She agreed.
“I…I wish there was a way we could share ourselves with the world. One day the humans might come to me, but there should be some way to show them you as well.” After all, they did what they did for the human world, not for themselves.
Ion’s face broke out in a bright grin again. “Thank you! You’re the first to say that. Ah really, I came north because there was something in the air. I felt a draw. So if there’s anywhere I’m mean to be, I think it’s here! Even if the humans never get to see me, I’m really happy,” he exclaimed. He jumped forward in that darting way he had and grabbed up Permafrost’s hands. A shock sizzled across their skin. Both jumped in surprise.
“What’s this?” Permafrost asked, staring down at their hands. Waves of colored energy floated out where they touched. Ion looked down with the same confusion.
“I don’t know. I haven’t seen this before!” he gasped. When they pressed their hands more firmly together, palms sealed and fingers laced, the curtains of energy increased. Permafrost gasped as she came to a realization.
“Unbelievable. I think this is you! You’re becoming visible!”
Ion’s eyes filled with a new kind of wonder, making his face look truly boyish. The waves around them turned from a mellow green to bright teal as he smiled. “I must have been right. There is something in the air here. Something to do with you.” He flung himself into Permafrost’s arms. Instantly, the air erupted behind them. Ion’s wings flared wide, showing off their full rainbow effect more dazzling than ever before. “See, I’m reacting to you.” They had no idea why this was happening, but neither wanted to let go. “Wait, fly with me Permafrost. I think…” He shook his head. “Let’s just fly!”
She nodded wordlessly and let Ion pull her up into the sky. Together they dashed up through the clouds. Higher and higher they flew, as if they could reach the stars and in fact, that’s exactly what Ion aimed for. All the while they stayed close enough that their wing tips brushed. Stripes of color followed in their wake. By the time they rested high in the atmosphere, they’d left the sky awash in light. The majority shone a dazzling purple with reds and blues on opposite ends as if to show the two who mixed to make this wonderful effect. Neither could keep the awed silence.
A laugh bubbled out of Permafrost. “What should we call this?”
Ion hummed with happiness. Even more than being visible, he was eye-catching, the sort of thing others would see far away across all of Permafrost’s territory. “Aurora,” he breathed out. “We’ll call it an aurora borealis.” He could believe he created such a thing. He wanted to never leave. A frown touched Ion’s face at this thought. He was of course, everywhere though, not just in the north where he felt special. He glanced over at Permafrost’s flushed face and thought he also made her feel special. If he left, he’d take his light show with him. She turned and met his eyes, still too bubbling with excitement to notice her new friend’s change in demeanor.
He knew he needed to leave something behind. Fluttering lower, Ion wrapped one hand around a streamer of fuchsia and violet light. He pulled it from the air and danced behind Permafrost, once again with his impish smile. She started at the sudden movement, then looked down at the ribbon he pulled in front of her. “So you can always be warm, even when you’re alone,” he murmured. His fingers moved softly to tuck the energy around her neck like a scarf. “Even though I can’t always be with you, like this, the aurora will never die. Because we’ll always be together.”
Permafrost pulled the scarf closer, burying her nose in it. The gift did indeed feel warm. Her lips twitched in smile. “Thank you. I shall keep it close always. Every year, I will light up the sky like this. Just you wait and see, the humans will come from all over to see. We’ll be beautiful.”
And the humans did, every year as the earth changed and the frozen north filled with more and more people and the scientists caught hold of Ion to finally give him his praise. Still, the best show either had to give came on cold, clear nights when Permafrost took flight and trailed Ion’s scarf across all the northern skies.

Naughty VVriting Entries

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:25 am

npixelz Entry
[+] SPOILER
a constant snow fell from the sky, to the earth below. everywhere people looked up, hoping it would end soon. but the snow persisted, and only grew worse, as people retired to their homes, with no way of knowing about the coming storm on the horizon beyond. for on that night, a child was being born, a child unlike any other, a child, who could bring ice and darkness upon the world, and the child did. the storm came, the night grew darker, grew longer, until the world was black and white, with no other colours showing through. this was a storm to rival all others, this was a storm, of a child's mind. and what a mind it was, for it had brought the storm, a storm, that lasted for centuries, and still goes on today...

polly's entry
[+] SPOILER
Some people don’t like winter
Some just think it is too cold
Some like to build a snowman
Some like to eat the so called noses of the snowman
I like to bundle up myself in heavy coats and boots
And hop upon the white snow
And watch my breath make clouds
Some people don’t like winter
They say, they want sunshine all day
But I say, you can forget sunshine but not snow
Because I hop upon the cold snow
And watch my footprints go along me
And make snowmen

Holiday Art Contest

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:25 am

The theme of this art contest is holidays, vve'll be picking the top three entries vve believe best shovv off the spirit of the holidays! Note; it does not have to be christmas themed to be holiday themed!

Prizes still being decided.

Deadline is 6th of January for all entries.

VVinter Art Contest

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 am

The theme of this art contest is vvinter, vve'll be picking the top three entries vve believe best shovv off the feeling of vvinter! Note; it does not have to be holiday themed to be a vvinter themed piece!

Prizes still being decided.

Deadline is 6th of January for all entries.

Holiday Art Contest Entries

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Mousy's Entry
[+] SPOILER

Xye's Entry
[+] SPOILER

VVinter Art Contest Entries

Zombiebunny's Entry
[+] SPOILER

Mousy's Entry
[+] SPOILER

Team Maro Avi Contest

For a bit of extra fun vve decided to have tvvo additional avatar contests. One is going to be "Team Maro" themed and the other is going to be "Team Turtle" themed.

Team Maro's theme;

Red & Black colours , for Peppermints & Coals

Deadline; January 4th

Entries;

Blue Jay
[+] SPOILER

Mika
[+] SPOILER

(-o-)
[+] SPOILER

Lina
[+] SPOILER

Team Turtle Avi Contest

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:28 pm

For a bit of extra fun vve decided to have tvvo additional avatar contests. One is going to be "Team Maro" themed and the other is going to be "Team Turtle" themed.

Team Turtle's theme;

Green & VVhite colours , for Pine Trees & Snovv

Deadline; January 4th

Entries;

Blue Jay
[+] SPOILER

Mika
[+] SPOILER

(-o-)
[+] SPOILER

VVinners

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Going to use this to display the vvinners of the art , vvriting and avi contests!

Next

Return to Hangouts