A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Kit's Kitty Korner [back to work]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [vacation time]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Mom got food poisoning on the way over
Good thing I came along then
To drive part of the way

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Yeah you drove! (what a relief for your Mom! - did it help you feel more confident about driving?)

So sorry your Mom got food poisoning - how horrible! Is she feeling better now? Food poisoning can keep you nauseated for days.

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:47 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:08 am

Thruway during the night? With construction? Nope

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Book sale was a bust for all four of us. Usually at least one of us gets a good haul. I usually get none so one for sure abd one cuz who knows I might like it is about par for the course for me
Then at the antique store we found and love to look at, an even greater hit or miss for us, we all scored
Mom got a teacup for brother's gf
Friend we're staying with got something small
The other got grab bags, she tends to do well with those
I got a geisha doll/figurine and an orange obi. Not a ready-made like mine, an actual gotta build it up yourself one. The geisha is blue

Postby galled » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Not sure what you mean by "build it up." Is it like a model kit and you have to assemble? Sounds kinda cool--you can customize!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:04 pm

No, it's the whole cloth so the bow in back you need to tie yourself, unlike the one I have where it's sash and premade bow with hook that it sits on

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Oh, after we left second friend we went to Barnes and Noble and spent ~$300 on books because mom was behind on her reading
I got Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the Unofficial Hatsune Miku manga omnibus, Yotsuba&! 3+4, and an omnibus of a different series (only 4 books long, so the omnibus was the full story) by the same author. And a waving cat that's battery powered

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:44 pm

oh m gosh, I don't think I have ever met some one who has spent so much at a bookstore! I hope she gets reward points! Actually, we only have one bookstore left that sells new books, the other store sells used books, because Walmart, Target, grocery stores etc sell books at their stores and most people buy online or do ebooks it seems now. I am tempted to read the new Harry Potter book but I have such a difficult time paying full price... I will just wait...

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:49 am

I got it for ~30% off at Barnes and Noble, so it's already dropping in price
It would've been higher if I had my card on me cuz they had Yotsuba&! 1-12 and i only had one and two, but I could only get two more
No card, she applied for one for extra discount and got the "further review required" aka no bueno

Azumanga Daioh is the second omnibus

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:29 am

let me know how the new Harry Potter lines up compared to the original series - worth the read or if it is a disappointment.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:22 pm

It's set up like a play script and that alone is making it hard for me to read. I don't really care for the setup
I'm still on the first of five acts

Oh, I'll take pics of doll and obi after data resets cuz I'm running over on my phone (less than a quarter gig for a week) and we're running over on the home internet too

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:56 pm

hmmm I may not like the read then...I may feel disappointed not to have the behind the scenes details.

can you use the local library computers for some of the stuff to offset the data use on your phone? (Clearly I have no idea how it all works).

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Yeah let me use the car i don't have on the license I don't have to get to the library that takes twenty minutes to drive and likely has the most insane restrictions

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:51 pm

too bad your Mom or Dad can't drop you to the library. I think Maro and someone else would got to the library to access the sites (like Windlyn) that they wanted to be on.

Besides...more incentive to get your license. You obviously can drive - you drove you Mom when she was sick. I know you can do it!

not to scare you but students and the homeless go to our downtown library (across the street from the bus main stop)to access the internet. Of course you will have some restrictions but I've never heard of it being too difficult. Just a thought to help you with costs.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:17 am

Eh, I'll manage
We think roommate was playing farmville on the house internet and that noms data
But last month was also weirdly way under and the last several times that happened the next month went way over, so it's doing that again too

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts