A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Kit's Kitty Korner [back to work]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [household work]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:10 pm

Jfc that's ridiculous

Yeah the long term ones sometimes protect people against rapid increases in rent gouging. Sometimes

It is. 30 years, so I'll be 58 when the house is paid off, unless I get plenty of money somehow, though depending on how much, it may or may not go to the mortgage, but a vehicle, washer n dryer, and bathroom reno
50k would kill half the mortgage, but 10k to the reno and the rest to a car would be good. Or depending on how much I drop on the vehicle, possibly get other housework that's contractor level done. 50k would be on other things, mortgage low priority
Now if I somehow got 100k yeah that's all going to the mortgage. No penalties for early paying off, hell they ALLOW people to pay more often or more than the minimum, so paying it all off in one swoop would turn to saving up for everything else that much faster
But unless something happens, I doubt I'll ever have that kind of money lol

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:16 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Gingerale » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:25 pm

Later on when interest rates go down you can remortgage the house so your payments are even less & that would free you up to having more money for other things, like a car payment or new appliances etc.

It sounds like you are thinking things through & that is great!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 1:16 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:07 am

I'm at 6.5% interest rate, which is considered super good these days, from what I understand

I try. After all, I plan on being here a while also did the litterboxes, which for the sawdust ones is dump n reload and the clay ones is use a scoop to get the stuff out

I'll be happier when my non-bill expenses are just food food food cuz then I can save a bit more that way. Fortunately, since I make my lunches, I do save money that way, but purchasing furniture isn't cheap. And I have cats, so something like a regular couch would get scratched up. Not that I want a regular couch

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am

I just throw a blanket over my couch to help it last longer.

Ya, I am excited for you, owning ones own home is a dream for many people.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 2:16 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:54 pm

That won't stop them from scratching the sides and back. Plus Corbin is something like 13 so he's old and the less locations he has to hide, the better
Not that he hides, his preferred spot is on my bed, but better safe than sorry

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:13 pm

I getcha.
We had a cat that would go behind & scratch the couch ... not even the cat scratch tree deterred them...although it helped them to do it less often it didn't keep them from doing it. But at least the back side of the couch was against the wall.

Oh what we sacrifice for our furry family. :wink:

are you still wanting gems, Kit?

I want to concentrate on those who still want to get extra items. I love how you do the grab bags for people.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:01 pm

Yeah, I've got a couple of cat trees and you can tell which one gets used, mostly by Rufus. His fat ass will be nearly falling off the ledge as he's lying on his side scratching, absolutely hilarious to watch
And then he crunches himself in half to chill in is, so he's flopping over the sides (they're curved)
Corbin has a scratching pad he loves to sit on, and a different one that's also a mini tunnel he likes to chill in

I'm almost back to 300 already, so I'm good

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:41 pm

Last Wednesday: we have no power at work. And are the only ones in town without power. Spend 6 hours of the shift hanging out in the break room. Wtf
This Wednesday: transformer blew. First to the break room, then the smoke tripped the fire alarms so about an hour in the dark, with rain. Supervisor had us at the parking lot and let us shelter in our vehicles (or someone else's for those of us who carpool), for an hour. Air lines all dead, nothing can run. Some people left early (as long as we'd been there for four hours we were good), at least one was sent home, hell I used 4 hours of PTO to cover the last of the shift and went home with a coworker who gave me a ride. We had fire trucks and NatGrid show up
Next Wednesday: ???????

Postby galled » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:52 am

Wow! Storms over there causing the havok?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:30 am

Maybe? But hey I watched some more anime (currently working on Azumanga Daioh) with my extra time
I imagine that there's a lot of stuff that got fucked with that blowing out, too
I probably could've gotten out sooner but my one friend is sick and I'm not making her get me. Her health comes before my wants

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:52 am

Sounds like the electrical equipment is failing. Until they get it exchanged it is possible something else could blow .... but weird it has fallen on Wednesday's!
At least you got paid.
You think they would have a better emergency shelter set up somewhere.

I am sorry to hear about your friends health.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:55 pm

Nah, Wednesday is cursed

PFFT like they'd spend money on that

She'll be fine

Today they're trying to hook up the air to the generators without much luck. I've been told that they've been at it for hours and they still aren't working. Oh well, as long as I have stuff to do I don't really care
Lead will have had to work around the no air problem, that disables something like half my area

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:17 pm

So long as you still get paid for being there.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm

We are. And the next two Mondays have been mandated, 10 hours, so that's two 50 hour work weeks, which for me will be extra money to save towards bathroom reno

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:25 pm

Score!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts