A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Kit's Kitty Korner [back to work]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [household work]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:37 am

Yup. As of right now, I've got 3k to the reno, with another 2k for bills n expenses
Trying to hit 10k for the reno, which is the upper end of the price range I've been given, but I'd rather the extra money just in case

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 2:42 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:03 pm

Sounds like you have a plan & are constructively working towards it which is really amazing. Hope it works out faster then you think.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 12:42 pm

Postby Gingerale » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:26 pm

I'm just excited you are seeing your plans fulfilled.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 11:42 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:42 am

WHEEZE
So at work we are currently at two Wednesdays in a row where things got extremely fucked and so little to nothing got done and now the next two Mondays have been mandated
And instead of the usual eight hour mandates, they're full tens, so those two weeks will be 50 hours each. Overtime is time and a half, so that'll be a nice little boost to my paycheck. I figure after taxes n such I'll hopefully be looking at $100+ for those checks

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:47 pm

Somehow found the correct energy to clean the dresser out, as well as the cedar chest, and do a wee bit of rearranging
Only question I have now is if over the weekend I'll focus on the back room or any of the other rooms, tbh or not make any progress
No progress days are fine, I can't do everything at once and some things rely on good weather

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:38 pm

one step at a time!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:18 pm

Sooooooo I need to get command strips to hang more stuff up, I have a corner that's gonna be just canvases n such that I get, and command strips will work very well for that, since none of them are particularly large or heavy
Except for the metal fan but that's already hanging on a hook
I have another that's gonna move after the bathroom is done and then I gotta find a sword rack to hang there for the two I have, and hopefully I'll find a way to hang the dagger n knife I also have over there
There's two more shelving units I can clear out, and a corner in the living room that I'm pretty sure is mostly junk, which I can turn around and use for said shelves to display more things

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:00 pm

Sounds inviting!

Did you design any of the canvas art yourself?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:49 pm

No, they're all purchased
Some are the wooden "motivational" ones like "you can't please everyone, you're not a(n) [foodstuff]", in this case that being taco I've seen one where it was avocado and I don't like avocado so naturally not getting that one, and I also have posters to put up, those will be pinned and/or taped depending on where they go up
I do have blank canvases tho, eventually I'll get to them

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:23 pm

new cat tree item in the Lazarus shop ... cats with green bow ties, top hat & vests, cute!

The nice thing is you can arrange your house however you want! However you are motivated to!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:55 pm

Ooh new stuff is always fun

Yup. Still got a lot to work out though: computer desk, storage, fairy garden table (okay that I know where it's going), stuff that I can't easily get rid of but also can't really keep where it currently is but don't have anywhere to put it that's not gonna be in the way of mold or vermin I'm hoping my oldest niece will want it all when she's older, one fell swoop and it'll all be gone. Or sell it via the nearby auction place
Back room is finishing closet removal and cardboard, latter of which requires a good Saturday, former dad unhooking the electrical and then I can remove it all

Also my cat Rufus is currently shedding his winter coat. Gave him lots of pets, no skritches, and now my bathtub is fuzzy XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:41 am

Rufus must have a lot of hair.

I like plastic containers for storing as critters can eat through cardboard.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:28 pm

It's shed season, so they're all kicking out a lot of hair

They are in plastic bins. We had a mouse eat into the garage freezer and then feast itself frozen, so the bins wouldn't be much of a defense

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:09 pm

OMG! I never heard of that before! No protection from mice ???? ( other than the cats)

I am totally disillusioned, nothing is safe.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:05 pm

I have cats and mice in the house
I'm not in the middle of town, so there's a ton of greenery outside for them to live in, and for some reason they also like the basement
Though I did catch a mouse inside Home Depot a few years back. The employee and manager were both surprised and scared when I went up to them and went "so what do I do with this?" and uncovered the mouse's head (other hand had a firm grip on the body, not tight, but the mouse wasn't getting free)

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts