A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Kit's Kitty Korner [back to work]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [household work]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:00 pm

I'm exhausted just reading everything you have to do but it sounds like you are organized & know what needs to be done.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:32 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:10 pm

Meanwhile my oldest sister needs 1.5k to finish paying off a cruise for her 40th birthday and another 4k to leave their roach infested apartment they moved to in Florida. I at least have my priorities in order, even if I'm not moving very quickly on them the one requires a fair bit of money tho
But hey the one rack in the closet and the other in the kitchen are now cleaned up and waiting for the one corner of the living room to be cleared out so I can put them to use

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:43 pm

Ya, I am not one for over extending finances on frivolous things when there are practical expenses that need to be addressed .. some exceptions like finding a way to visit a dying family member, or something like that.

Florida naturally has roaches doesn't it? Like the weather multiplies them? As in do they ever really get rid of them? Even fancy homes can have them.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 am

Yeah, a family member dying does usually take precedence over anything else
Like my dad heard his trucking brother died and gave his work about two hours notice that he would be gone for a week. Management went "two hours isn't much notice for a week off" and dad went "and my brother didn't give me much notice for dying either" to which management went "okay go take the week off, we're sorry for your loss" and dad hated the truck he n mom rented. The 2005 Exterra handled existing better than that rental

Idk I've only visited a few times, never lived there

Meanwhile work keeps mandating Monday for 10 hour shifts, and so 10 hours of overtime is adding a nice little $200/week, especially after the print rate adjustment is added (I'm $17.40/hour normally, printing is currently $20.20/hour, and I do believe that is ignoring shift differential, which is another $.75/hour), so while working five days a week is pain, the added money makes up for it

Almost at 4k in my main account, but first day of the month the mortgage comes out. Most to all of my bills come in the first half, I believe electric is the last one in on the 10th. After that the money is mostly saved. If I hit 4k and have at least one pay period before the end of the month I'll move 1k over to my other account, which I use more as a tracker for large purchase savings than an actual account. I try to keep at least 2k in my primary account because of the mortgage. Don't wanna overdraft

Tho a cruise would be nice, I've been on one before (Carnival), and iirc I have the vacation time, but at the same time I don't wanna deal with the booking and travel arrangement and pet care etc

Postby galled » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

So organized! Super-impressed!

Slow and steady is the way when you're going in the right direction. You're well on your way, Kit!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

If you looked at my bedroom you wouldn't call me organized X'D

I'm hoping that the bathroom reno will be funded before the year is out, cuz after that it's laundry

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

organized chaos??

Either way it sounds like you are making progress & like Galled said, moving in the right direction.

Any Easter egg hunts for the nieces planned?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

Pfft. Not even organized. That won't happen until I can kick up the unpacking side of things

Slowly but surely, yes

Don't know, but considering their parents are having a custody battle and my brother has no spine at all, I wouldnt be surprised to find that they're with their mom all break. And she doesn't take care of them. Dad keeps me updated but tbh I'd rather not know, as I'm not part of it

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:51 am

Oh that is sad, I thought I remembered you saying you have spent past holidays with them.

Are your parents going to have a holiday meal at their new home for the family?

Sales should start up for house hold goods & appliances as we get closer to Mother's day in May if you were needing anything.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 am

The whole thing with custody has been going on for less than a year

Probably. I also probably won't attend because mom loves having things be all morning, aka when I'm asleep. According to dad, she's annoyed that I don't come, but dad has pointed out that one, she schedules things to be right when I'm unavailable, and two, I have friends who get the family treatment and I can and will have made plans with them long before mom announces hers to me. Also from what I'm hearing, it'll prolly be delayed a week so my sister can be up for the eclipse and just do it all at once. Idk, I won't be there cuz her family is...eugh

For appliances, only things I need is washer and dryer. After that, appliances are good

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:01 pm

Costco has some appliance sales going on atm.

You get to see the eclipse ????? So coooool !!

Postby galled » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:33 pm

I've purchased all of my large appliances using no interest deals (6, 12, 18, 24, or 36 months!). Places like BestBuy will deliver and install for free too plus give you the difference if you find the same exact product cheaper locally. The trick is to set up autopay so you don't miss a payment or pay it all off by the due date.

Server Administrator

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:37 pm

The closest Costco to me is in Canada. Same for ikea
Second closest for both is ~8 hour drive away

Yes. Was in range of a partial solar back in '17 and then a few years later got to watch a lunar eclipse, which was infinitely cooler

Lost to a pallet at work yesterday, so now my shin is butthurt. Gonna be very colorful

Closest best buy is about 3 hours away. Looks shorter but it's in the middle of a snarl of a city so about 2/3 of that time is wandering that city looking for somewhere to park after finding the place. And said city has a lot of crime, so not exactly safe

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:48 pm

oh no! Hope you will be ok!

I guess I am fortunate and live close to big stores. Not sure what delivery costs are on big ticket items anymore. Mine fortunately have lasted for awhile so haven't had to worry about it.

I agree Lunar eclipses are incredible especially since you can visibly watch the whole process without having to have protection for the eyes,. and the colors are unique from oranges reds & purples.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:28 pm

I will be. Already doing better than yesterday, where putting weight on my leg hurt. Still holding a promise of stinging for a while

Yup. There's...three places here that are 24 hours, and two of them are gas stations. The third is Denny's

I have shots that looks like a ring with a very shiny gem

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts