A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

´ ▽ ` )ノ F R I E N D - Z O N E

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: ´ ▽ ` )ノ F R I E N D - Z O N E

Postby Q-tea » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:OMG!!! Q-tea is back !?!?!? YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!! :cheer:

What in this world has kept you away???

Hello!!!
I’m glad you remember me still xD hahah

Ahh just a lot of life stuff. I’m also helping out with another site like this so that’s been keeping me busy as well.

Hbu??

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:48 pm

work work work and then I come onto Windlyn to rest...other then that... the rest of life's business...and time with friends and family...and whatever else comes my way. :wink:

Postby Q-tea » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake

That's kind of what adult life turns into, no? XD

I always feel like these avatar sites are like revisiting childhood a bit. Something familiar. > v <

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:11 pm

ya, the avatar's are like making up our own stories...kind of like playing dolls or cut outs...there are so many different item combinations that it can keep a person very entertained! I love the characters! :cheer:

Postby Watery Star » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Q-tea wrote:What is your twitter account?? I'm so bad at following folks back on twitter O ^ O

But I don't post anything. ^^;
Nice to see you posting here again!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 pm

omg i missed u being back QAQ
yea ofc i found you
ur art style is rlly recognisable to me haha C::

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Watery Star » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:03 pm

There was a time when you were the only artist I followed on twitter. And then when I started watching more youtube and following some of those artists on there. . . well I now follow maybe too many artists ^^;

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:51 pm

; v ; Hello friends!

I hope you are doing well <3
Please stay safe / A \

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:57 pm

Wow! I lucked out being on the same time as you Q-tea ! :cheer:
Happy Easter!!
How have you been? Are you riding through the home isolation thing ok or is it affecting you? I have to go into work still as an "essential" worker so my life hasn't been impacted too much.

Are you getting any of the eggs? Do you need items from the Valentine's 2020 event? So many cool mining items!

Stay well :heart:

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Wow! I lucked out being on the same time as you Q-tea ! :cheer:
Happy Easter!!
How have you been? Are you riding through the home isolation thing ok or is it affecting you? I have to go into work still as an "essential" worker so my life hasn't been impacted too much.

Are you getting any of the eggs? Do you need items from the Valentine's 2020 event? So many cool mining items!

Stay well :heart:

Ahhh I'm sorry, I literally went to work on something after my post.

I have been managing. I am too an "essential" worker, my partner is temporarily laid off though. He is currently on EI and thankfully our bills get covered by whatever they give us. We just have to be smart with budgeting. Trying to do shopping once a week and then manage with what's home. My boss just messaged me and told me that there is an unconfirmed case at work and that they are getting tested tomorrow. Kind of nerve wrecking to hear.

Are you working in customer service? I always worry about folks that have to literally come in contact with hundreds of people every day.

I saw one egg and clicked on it, but haven't done research on what to do with it yet. Ahh you are so sweet but I'll try buying stuff once I get some more feathers. I don't want to take your back-ups > n < you could sell them down the line!

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Happy Easter!
There are items in the eggs you click on which automatically populate in your inventory once you click on them.

Wow, that is kind of scary about work - are they going to put the office on quarantine then? Not that you necessarily will come down with symptoms but still - do they supply you with gloves and masks and protective eye wear?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Thankfully your partner can get unemployment insurance. Not sure how many will end up with the stimulus check. Rumor has it the government is looking at doing a special stimulus (like hazard pay) for essential workers. I only have to come in contact with maybe a dozen or so people a day, I have a "sneeze guard" and they do make PPE available for us to wear as well as disinfectant to clean after every person. But as someone reminded me...be careful not to be breathing in the lysol spray or bleach vapors as they can cause flu like symptoms!

Toilet paper is back in the stores so I think things are looking up! :wink:

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Gingerale wrote:Happy Easter!
There are items in the eggs you click on which automatically populate in your inventory once you click on them.

Wow, that is kind of scary about work - are they going to put the office on quarantine then? Not that you necessarily will come down with symptoms but still - do they supply you with gloves and masks and protective eye wear?

Thank you! You as well!

Oh, I guess I didn't realize that. XD I just found them and went on with my day. Good to know.

They put the people that came in contact with said person in quarantine. They are sending a team in to disinfect the common areas and then we can go to work. Our company made us do morning and afternoon shifts and we are sitting several feet apart from each other so there are multiple precautions. I don't wear a mask but I have a bottle of IPA on my desk to spray down my desk and we have hand sanitizer dispensaries all over the facility. I work in the pharmaceutical industry so we thankfully have gloves and masks galore if I need them. I carry a mask with me for the subway though because I want to stay safe in uncontrolled environments.

How is your situation at the moment? Hopefully well.

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Thankfully your partner can get unemployment insurance. Not sure how many will end up with the stimulus check. Rumor has it the government is looking at doing a special stimulus (like hazard pay) for essential workers. I only have to come in contact with maybe a dozen or so people a day, I have a "sneeze guard" and they do make PPE available for us to wear as well as disinfectant to clean after every person. But as someone reminded me...be careful not to be breathing in the lysol spray or bleach vapors as they can cause flu like symptoms!

Toilet paper is back in the stores so I think things are looking up! :wink:

Yes, I am very grateful! I was actually sent home a couple of weeks back because I got a cold and they didn't want to risk it so I applied for 2 weeks of EI. It took awhile to process but we finally got paid out this week. Our government keeps talking about an emergency fund under a program called CERB but it's so confusing and the terms keep changing. At first it was all you'll get extra funds due to COVID-19. Then it was no-no this is only for folks that can't apply for EI and now it's a merge. Apparently they review EI applications and move you to CERB if you're applicable. But there's not a lot of clarification and just pure confusion from everyone. I literally got an extra 2K deposited in my account on top of what I got from EI that I should have gotten and I don't know what to do with this extra money because I think it's a mistake. So I'm just keeping it aside till they clarify. :worry:

That's an interesting idea to give essential workers additional pay. Not sure the point of it though, is it like here you go because you have to put up with this crap? There's a lot of people losing their jobs so I don't know where they are getting all this money to give out. We are definitely going to pay for this in the next 5 years. I'm already dreading my taxes next year. :cry:

That's good news! I'm glad you are able to stay safe at work. Those are definitely some of the better conditions. Ahh yes those products are hazardous and you do need to be careful. :worry:

I have not been in the store for 2 weeks, my partner did shopping this week, but I hope toilet paper is back in stock over here as well. :distress:

Postby galled » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:56 pm

Nice to see you back, Q-tea!

I think the idea for extra pay for essential work is so they stay working. The way things get talked about, I can see being scared into just staying home rather than going to work at all (or simply calling in sick).

Great news about the TP! I almost cried when I saw some in the store the other day! What a long strange trip it's been so far...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz