A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Exquisite Artists|Nothing But Good Vibes☺

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Exquisite Artists|Nothing But Good Vibes☺

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:43 pm

I think threads get buried sometimes if they don't have some one maintaining it, which I know can be difficult to keep up with and I even have to go looking for certain of my threads when no one posts after I do... well, hopefully you will pop on once in awhile to say hello. Events should be coming up soon since it is coming up to autumn.

Are you back to being a student Fuu? Did you keep up with the "errand style of exercising"? I kept up with the walking for about a week and then fizzled out....

Moon cake festival this week! Do you do anything over there to celebrate it?

:cry: (oops- Moon festival...well, we don't celebrate it over here and all I recall about it is the moon cakes :wink:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:59 pm

Postby Fuu-Chan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:12 am

True. I posted but no one posted after me in two months.
I thought people would but nope :c

and I am back to being a student.
I am trying to pick up the habit of yoga.
And we are not celebrating anything.
I don't even know what Moon cake festival is XD

Hangout|Progress Thread|LiveStream
Barely On Windlyn.
You Can Find me On Caedon.

Caedon Username: Fuu-Chan12
Tell me if you plan to add me otherwise I wont know who you are.

Postby Diana » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:04 am

I think it's usually just the moon festival... But the cakes are definitely the best part. ;)

Site Admin

Postby galled » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:31 am

Hey Fuu!

I think people only reply to messages they have something to add to--well, that's what I do. :)

I used to think yoga was silly, but it's really good for you in many ways and think it's great now. I wish I could do more (and be more flexible!), but the few poses I do know really help me. What's especially nice is you don't need any equipment or have to go to the gym (and I don't get all sweaty is a bonus, but maybe I'm doing it wrong?!). ;)

I have a love/hate (hate is too strong of a word) with moon cakes. For me, they're kind of like egg nog at Christmas--you like it and crave it, but once you've had some, you're good for another year!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Fuu-Chan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 am

I guess I am the only one who has no idea what a moon cake is x. x

And I just look yoga up on pinterest.
I might even make a thread about it for yoga addicts haha.

Postby galled » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:00 am

Mook cakes are a Chinese pastry. You'd probably only see one at a real Chinese bakery although I understand they're making their way into the frozen section of some grocery stores.

This links to some pictures of they look like:

https://www.google.com/search?q=moon+cake&espv=2&biw=1374&bih=677&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizu9_2uZTPAhUM9WMKHeDiBoQQ_AUIBigB

They're kind of like jelly doughnuts in that they come in many different flavored fillings. There's a story behind the Moon Festival and moon cakes. I don't recall the details--ah wikipedia!

"Ming revolution[edit]
There is a folk tale about the overthrow of Mongol rule facilitated by messages smuggled in moon cakes.

Mooncakes were used by the Ming revolutionaries in their effort to overthrow the Mongolian rulers of China at the end of the Yuan dynasty. The idea is said to have been conceived by Zhu Yuanzhang and his advisor Liu Bowen, who circulated a rumor that a deadly plague of "Hóuzi chuánwěi jíbìng de" was spreading and that the only way to prevent it was to eat special mooncakes, which would instantly revive and give special powers to the user. This prompted the quick distribution of mooncakes. The mooncakes contained a secret message coordinating the Han Chinese revolt on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month.[3]

Another method of hiding a message was to print it on the surfaces of mooncakes (which came in packages of four), as a simple puzzle or mosaic. To read the message, each of the four mooncakes was cut into four parts. The resulting 16 pieces were pieced together to reveal the message. The pieces of mooncake were then eaten to destroy the message.[4]

Many view the mooncake hidden messages to be a precursor to the modern day fortune cookie. By adding the covert element to the myths of the fortune cookie some have found more meaning behind the simple treat. This led to the act of removing and replacing the fortune inside without breaking for an added bit of good luck." - source Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncake#Ming_revolution

Server Administrator

Postby Fuu-Chan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:17 am

Hm..Interesting.
I am not too found of pastries, or anything close that looks sweet.
I am more of a pie person. looks interesting though.

Postby galled » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 am

Actually there's more like pie than a doughnut (doughnuts are fried and these are baked). Asian pastries generally, at least IMHO, tend to not be as sweet as what I'm used to here in the US. (The same in regards to candy as well.)

Of course some of the fillings are sweeter than others, but on a whole, they're way less sweeter than a jelly doughnut. Like I said, they're good once in a while, but I couldn't eat them every day or week.

If you ever get a chance to try one, you should. You never know, you might like it or at the very least you'll know all about moon cakes then! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Fuu-Chan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Yeah i suppose so.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 pm

ahhhh, I love how you did your avatar Fuu - the white stockings and white rabbit make the white in the heart background stand out and the bows on the up do hair are very sweet, I will have to try that too - good ideas!

Postby Fuu-Chan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:27 am

That wasn't really my intention.
I just didn't like anything else I had in my inventory

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:57 am

well, it turned out adorable....have you managed to pick up the new "commons" in the shop? There are quite a few items to choose from there. Any particular type of items you've seen on other sites that you love or any items you'd like to be able to equip your avatar with?

Postby Fuu-Chan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:41 pm

I checked the items in the shop but eh.
I wasn't too keen on a lot of it. So I mainly just bought the hair I am wearing in every color
and one of the faces I am wearing now.

As for items on other sites, I go on a site called Caedon and I spent 13k on an item which is called Mariposa
which is based off a butterfly item that has a corset+skirt which I adore.
I made an avi with it, which turned out looking like a viking but won avatar of the week. XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:25 pm

nice, congratulations on winning avatar of the week! Do they give out prizes for avatar of the week or just awards? 13K on one item sounds pretty pricey though. Is that with currency you have earned or are you actually paying real money to get the currency to buy?

Postby YueYue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 am

Hello! ouo
I haven't been around but I decided to drop in here because the title of the thread attracted me, hehe. I draw and write, and am working on several original characters and a novel.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 10:59 am

Use they/them pronouns when referring to me, please.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts