A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Let's make Windlyn more active!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Let's make Windlyn more active!

Postby Hero » Tue May 26, 2015 5:34 am

No wonder why this site is so inactive.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 am

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby Spyridon » Wed May 27, 2015 3:38 am

Yeah, this was a failure.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed May 27, 2015 4:33 pm

I think Hero was making a joke because we like to eat a lot of ice cream : )

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 8:41 am

Postby Spyridon » Wed May 27, 2015 5:07 pm

I couldn't tell.

I'm trying to diet, but every time I try my favorite flavors come out.

Postby Hero » Thu May 28, 2015 5:30 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I think Hero was making a joke because we like to eat a lot of ice cream : )

Um what? I wasn't trying to joke. Yeah, it was the first dead serious comment you've probably seen in this site.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu May 28, 2015 7:25 am

If you have any suggestions to improve the activeness of users we are all ears :)

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:41 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Hero » Thu May 28, 2015 9:39 am

Ryvvi wrote:If you have any suggestions to improve the activeness of users we are all ears :)

Hold actual conversations? This site feels like a bunch of NPCs talking, every single conversation is so vague and uninteresting, like everyone is just forcing conversations for the sake of talking and blabbering nonsense, there's nothing unique.

The only interesting post I've seen in this site is probably the Ireland thingie.

Postby Spyridon » Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Hero wrote:
Ryvvi wrote:If you have any suggestions to improve the activeness of users we are all ears :)

Hold actual conversations? This site feels like a bunch of NPCs talking, every single conversation is so vague and uninteresting, like everyone is just forcing conversations for the sake of talking and blabbering nonsense, there's nothing unique.

The only interesting post I've seen in this site is probably the Ireland thingie.

I entirely agree. But I have trouble initiating conversation online. It's different from seeing people in person where communication is not just verbal. I don't think I'm contributing to the conversation, and that's why I'm considering giving everything away and leaving. Besides, I think most of us are too preoccupied with other things to constantly check back here.

Postby Hero » Thu May 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Spyridon wrote:
Hero wrote:

I entirely agree. But I have trouble initiating conversation online. It's different from seeing people in person where communication is not just verbal. I don't think I'm contributing to the conversation, and that's why I'm considering giving everything away and leaving. Besides, I think most of us are too preoccupied with other things to constantly check back here.

I'm not talking about you alone, I'm talking about EVERYONE around. I kinda get excited to check Windlyn in the morning to see if there's actually SOMETHING interesting and when I go check a post its just some kind of dumb "I like cars" type of thing and never again check the site until the other day. Please, don't feel like this was aimed at you.

Postby Spyridon » Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 pm

I know you were being general, but I am guilty of this too. I thought about having debate threads for intellectual stimulation. Sometimes I honestly don't know what to talk about and hope someone latches on to my idea.

Postby Hero » Thu May 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Spyridon wrote:I know you were being general, but I am guilty of this too. I thought about having debate threads for intellectual stimulation. Sometimes I honestly don't know what to talk about and hope someone latches on to my idea.

I haven't tried to make actual debate conversation or any other serious type of conversation, cause, let me be honest, since everyone talks about the same vague things I don't want to make a thread with like 50 views and 0 replies and then see the thread get pushed down to the void and make myself look quite...delusional.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu May 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Hero wrote:.

Why don't you make serious or debate threads though? It seems a little unfair to complain about the lack of active users and serious conversation if you haven't attempted anything to help fix that?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:41 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Hero, if you want to do a science/new innovation or history thread I'd be happy to join in!

Postby Hero » Thu May 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Ryvvi wrote:
Hero wrote:.

Why don't you make serious or debate threads though? It seems a little unfair to complain about the lack of active users and serious conversation if you haven't attempted anything to help fix that?

If the staff isn't really aware of this, then I feel really sorry. You do know your users force vague conversations just for the sake of keeping this site alive right?

This has been going on for a long while and a staff member wants to throw the ticking bomb at me lol.
Sure, I'll give it a shot but I got no hope.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 28, 2015 7:23 pm

I admit, I don't mind vague conversations - sometimes after a long day I don't want to have to think too much, just want to have a little down time, say hello or play a game. And I mostly come on to dress up my avatar. Maybe it reminds me of playing dolls or creating characters? I find it fun and it is nice to have stress free moments.

I personally don't like debates, too confrontational and judgmental and would probably turn me off a thread but I am ok with not participating if I felt uncomfortable with it. But I do like educational and inspirational. And I like people sharing their talents - like the valentine's Banni did were amazing and some people have displayed their artwork which is great to see too.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts