A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Banni's making a hangout too

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Banni's making a hangout too

Postby Banni » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:23 am

He's a speedy driver, I've gathered. I'll have to explain to him the pace that I want to go with this.
I wanna become comfortable in town and familiar roads. I have no reason to be hitting the freeways or going anywhere far away. Baby steps dude. Actually... isn't that just a normal pace anyways? XD
My bestie wasn't allowed on any major highways or off her island for about a year when she was just starting to drive.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 6:28 am

Postby Mika » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:50 am

Well in a way you have to go on the highway just to pass the test. Its just like a precaution. But to drive that fast... No.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Banni » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 am

Oh I actually meant to say specific highways, not highways in general. There is one especially that she didn't even wanna go on cause it's terrible lol I've driven on it for a second once with my aunt teaching me and I died inside.

But yeah there are two highways where I live that I'd be fine going on once I get comfortable on the roads. But there's a big highway that goes to Denver that I will definitely avoid until I'm better o3o

Postby Mika » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 am

Do your driving classes require you to have a good chunk of driving before taking the test? Around here you usually have enough driving time to be very comfortable by the time you take the test. But I will say one thing... When I passed my driving test and had to drive to work alone... I was terrified. I had never drove alone before and it seemed very intimidating to me.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:39 pm

some places don't even make you drive on the freeway as part of your driving test, but really I think that should be a given as getting onto the freeway can be very difficult and you need to know how to look for the traffic and merge.

Glad your lessons went ok - seeing as you are talking about going back out! That is a good thinG!!

Postby Banni » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Yes, I mean I felt scared a lot, but I know if I quit I'll get nowhere xD
umm
another thing he told me though
when I do U-turns, I turn the steering wheel all the way until it stops turning. He says you should never let it do that? But I'm confused cause I always have, in fact someone who drove with me in the past told me to "turn it all the way" and I've never been told not to let it hit before. O-O does that hurt the wheel or something?
My husband does it that way too.

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:16 am

I think it really depends on how wide the uturn is.... Like depending on where you might be able to swing out a bit more and make the turn or you might not get much maneuvering room.... But I can't say that my wheel usually goes all the way over when I do make a uturn.... Though I don't see why a uturn would be relavent to driving lessons.... Even my private instructor didn't do that...

Postby Banni » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Well he wasn't teaching me how to uturn, there was just a lot of uturning involved cause of the roads I was practicing on were like a T, with two ends being a dead end, and the other end being a main road. There are other roads that connect to it too for neighborhood streets but we didn't go on those very much.
He wanted me to get a feel of his car without traffic so we just avoided the main road bit. Only went in neighborhoods a little to teach me how to illegally roll past stop signs ~n~
idontwanttodothatdude
I NEED to use stop signs

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 pm

you are not suppose to turn the wheel so that it bangs/clunks, wear and tear on the car.

Am so proud of you for facing your fears and getting out there and driving! You keep it up!!

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:41 am

Sounds kind of like your driving instructor should go back to school.

Postby Banni » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:23 am

Noted! ♥

Yeah though to be honest
My mom paid $200 for a PROPER instructor to teach me for only SIX hours
and he did a way worse job than Austin is doing. At least Austin teaches me instead of blabbing on the phone the whole time with his friends like the instructor did, while I'm unsure wtf I'm doing. I should have reported that jerk, he wasn't very polite either.

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:50 am

I think driving instructors lose their way after a while.... The guys at the high school here are so lazy... My mom out us all through private driving courses.... We all had the same teacher over the years and my brothers hated him. Lol. But he was a good instructor. Has your instructor told you to ALWAYS look in your rearview mirror during a passing zone even if there is no one behind you? Because apparently its a defiency if you don't look in that mirror during a passing zone...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:26 pm

goodness, that's pretty sad if the driving instructors are not very good, especially when they are being paid. I guess a person should look into recommendations before they hire a DI?

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 am

//butts in

Herro! I don't get American driving stuffs. It seems like you have the option of having driving lessons during high school? Or am I misunderstanding American television?

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 12:28 am

Postby Mika » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:00 am

Well we do.... But usually if you just go through the schools then you aren't going to learn how to drive properly.... The teachers are lazy.... They want to do the bare minimum. Private instructors though don't have to spend the whole day teaching and then teaching people how to drive after the day is over. Plus its their business, they want to do a good job so that people will recommend them later.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts