A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:48 am

I need to make a follow up phone call to see if the apartment is going to be ready or not.

If not, i gotta ask if i can still go on and sign the lease and take care of the electric.

While I'm scared of annoying the landlord with these phone calls when they said they'll keep me posted (hadn't even heard from them and originally I'd be moving right now), but its more the fear of asking the second question. I'm afraid of being told no only because i feel that they probably won't have me sign the lease until it is ready, that's my gut feeling. But my dad wants me to ask anyway..... like, I'm conflicted, I'm anxious, i just want this to be over with.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:14 pm

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:23 am

Yeah, you probably should.

Should do that too.

I know what you mean. I feel you.

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:56 am

What kills me is when i do call, i get no answer so that makes my anxiety worse and my parents want me to keep calling back.

I'm not going to keep this up all day.

Postby galled » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:53 am

What do you mean you get no answer? No person or voicemail or no straight answer? Red flags are going up if anyof those.

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:13 am

They called me right after I called and before I left to go by the office and I'm signing the lease today, lol.

At least i dont need a cosigner and I should be able to move in tomorrow.

But it will ring and then go to voicemail.

Postby galled » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 am

Ok, that's good and normal.

Calling was the right thing to do. You have to be persistent when it comes to getting answers. And keep questioning if you don't understand the answers.

How exciting!

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:39 pm

While they could have done a better job cleaning, i know they actually put effort. They did replace the carpet. And it gets a regularly scheduled pest control thing where they'll come in and spray down the apartment to control pests.

There are things i can complain about, but instill like the apartment. It's rather big and spacious forma 1br apartment.

Postby galled » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Take pictures of the condition of everything and when you move out. Better safe than sorry!

Congrats!!

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 pm

At least make sure to list everything wrong on the self inspection sheet for the apartment so i dont get charged for it.

Postby galled » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Cell phones make it very easy to take pictures. Courts weigh pictures more heavily than documentation in most cases.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:18 am

Ugh, I'm trying to get the landlord to fix the shower in my apartment. First the faucet was leaking. They said it wasn't going to hurt anything and so I thought that everything would still work normally.

Cue to me trying to take a shower, the faucet basically runs water out of every place imaginable, behind the faucet where it had been leaking, where the shower diverter is, and where the water is supposed to come out of the faucet. Then the faucet doesn't completely stop the flow when the diverter is pulled up for a shower and because of that, I don't have a lot of water coming through and the water pressure for the water that does go through the shower head isn't very good. Then the drain doesn't drain the water very fast. The water went up to my ankles because I think something may be clogging the drain. I would think they would check these things and get them in working order (and I mean in an acceptable way where I'm not taking 30 minutes to wash shampoo out of my hair) when they were preparing the apartment for me. They talk about how they had a lot of thing to clean and to fix, and they did replace the carpet, but they be saying "Oh, it's no big deal. I can't do anything about this." But it's an inconvenience to me, taking me forever to take a shower to a point I'm starting to lose hot water.

If they don't fix the problem, I'll manage my way through the rest of my lease and I'm out of there. I was hoping to stay there for longer than a year, but if they can't fix a big problem in my shower, then I'm going to move out next year..... And I just moved in there....

I learned I can't get internet in there, but I do have a work around by upgrading to get mobile hotspots accessible on my phone. It's just the shower that I need to get fixed.... : Like real bad.

It's stressing me out.

Postby galled » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Just tell your landlord and document it (via email or text). They have to fix it. You may be entitled to not pay rent or get some rent back/credit for water not working. Can you take a bath in the meantime instead?

Lesson learned to try out the appliances and fixtures when looking at a new place and again when you move in/sign the lease.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah. I assumed that they would have fixed everything when they tell me they had to fix things and replace the carpet before I move in.

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Well, that's pretty bad. When they tell you they're fixing things, you would logically assume they mean everything. That seems sort of sneaky if you ask me.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Well, if they fix the problem, I'll be happy.

If any one can answer this would be great...

Is getting WiFi and getting internet service the same thing? How does WiFi work exactly?

Like, i have no clue if they are the same or two different things.

I was told i can't get internet service because the buildings wiring is too old. But my parents house is older than the apartment and they have internet.... I mean, they have a router and modem but idk if that has to have "good wiring"... Idk. I'm not too tech savvy.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts