A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby galled » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Hey, Monkey!!

I think the chicken salads are good if you don't do the croutons or over-do the dressing.

Yeah, I think if you eat too much of anything, you'll get sick of it after a while. :/

Glad you got your computer working well. That's always nice!

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 6:56 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:17 pm

I don't even like the salads there. We don't have croutons and the salads are just meh. I've had better.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 8:56 pm

Postby galled » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm

No arguments there. Not the best, but still edible.

So what kind of food restrictions/diet are you doing?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm

It's mostly a meal plan type thing. Intermittent fasting. I fast from when I get up until noon, then I can eat, but I need to try to not eat a lot of carbs and cutting out sugary drinks and just not eat junk food if possible. I found an alternative for a drink because the water hasn't tasted right since the city's water level got really low (though since we've gotten more rain now than during the summer, I need to give it another shot), I discovered a sparkling water that I love and has no calories or sugar in it. Even better, 1 liter bottles of it are just $0.57 a bottle!
I gotta go out and get more, though.

Postby galled » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Sounds a lot like what I did/do. I drink a what we call "Wally Water" (sparking water purchased at WalMart) or unsweetened tea. The sugary drinks (high fructose corn syrup--literally acts like poison to your system) are the worst. Excess carbs come in #2.

It sounds like you've been keeping it up so far. Good for you! Have you seen any results?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Well, I haven't been as hungry as I used to be, especially during the time I'm fasting. Especially since I'm fasting working a job surrounded by food.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Monkeygirl is back! <runs around excitedly! >

I do a low carb low fat diet because if I don't then myu stomach has terrible cramping and I feel bloated and lethargic. Doesn't mean I don't eat a slice of pizza or something now and again...just not on a regular bases. At first it is a little difficult to be looking at carb counts etc but after awhile you just kind of know and all of a sudden you realize you are feeling better and clothes are fitting looser.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 pm

I have noticed my work pants have been loose on me and having to constantly pull them up. It would be easier if I could find a belt that fits, but I'm just too big apparently.

But since I started to try since February, I've lost 13 lbs, give or take. I could have lost more, but at least I made some type of progress.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Yay! Any progress is good and loose clothes is the best sign! Can you hand sew them a bit at the waist line? (Like a dart).

Postby galled » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 pm

13 pounds is awesome! And if you don't feel hungry, fantastic!!

There are some no-carb pastas out there, but you have to prepare them a little differently. I haven't tried these, but I'm told they're just like pasta (he's an Italian, so I'd think he'd turn is nose up at something sub-standard).

https://www.google.com/search?q=miracle ... e&ie=UTF-8

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

I may try them out one day and if I like it, maybe my parents and I could use them instead. (Granted, if our WalMart carries them, they should, but then again, not all WalMarts are the same and carry some different products)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 pm

What shifts are you working these days?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 am

Same ol day shift

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 am

Been obsessive over JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as of late and.... maybe it has something to do with wanting to watch all of the anime DUBBED which I can't yet because, although part 3 has been dubbed, it hasn't been added to Netflix or Hulu (Hulu has parts 3 and 4 as of right now and are only subbed). But now I gotta try to see if my friend still has vrv and if she'll let me use her account to watch part 5 (which is only subbed right now). And I still need to sit down and read the manga.

Postby Gingerale » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am

Your avatar has a nice rip roarin fire to scare off the wild animals ( and keep you warm). Haha or is it worried the fire will make the ice melt?

I went ice fishing once and when they built a fire on the lake ice I was really worried it would melt through and we'd be plunged into the icy waters below!(Then again we had also driven on the ice so there would have been no way home if we had survived).

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts