A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby npixelz » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 pm

I don't like horror. ><

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:47 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby khadijacandy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:13 am

today is my birthday!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:47 am

Postby galled » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:22 am

Happy Birthday!!!!

Ah, Cat Cafe part of the celebration? Enjoy! :cheer: :hug:

Server Administrator

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:47 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Happy happy birthday to Khadijacandy!

Postby khadijacandy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:55 pm

thanks everyone!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:32 pm

I know it's a day late, but happy birthday!
---
On another note, been doing a bunch of things irl and so I hardly ever think of checking here. But, I've been trying to take my weight-loss more seriously and watching reactions of videos by amberlynn reid is helping me keep motivated. I won't ever watch her videos directly, just through reactors. Can't stand amberlynn reid.

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 am

You are very welcome!

That's ok, as long as you don't forget us completely!
Who's Amberlynn Reid?

Postby khadijacandy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:47 pm

i want to do more scrapbooking....

Postby galled » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Glad you're making progress and are serious/dedicated to do what you set your mind to doing (applies to all things)!

I had to google Amberlynn and that's just a dumpster fire all around I'm sorry to say... :distress:

I suppose if she keeps your motivated that's something, but as someone who was formerly obese and now in the normal BMI, you should also look to the positive reinforcement aspects as well to keep you going too. Everything that helps keep you on track are good things and if you keep it up long enough, it just becomes habit. Today I no longer struggle with food choices/what I put in my body and while the compliments I get on how I look now (which could border on harassment in some instances!) do a lot to make it all unquestionably worth the effort, how I feel and the improvement in my health markers are priceless.

We're all rootin' for ya! :smile:

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:49 am

I should get in shape. I have a bit of a stomach now. I never used to, I could always eat a lot and never gain weight, but that's because I was more active and didn't eat lunch. Now I eat like 3 snacks a night. I started eating more after I lost my first job. Could've been a coincidence, could've been something triggered it, I'm not sure. But the point is that I should start being more active again.

Postby galled » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:19 pm

It's all part of getting older! :)

Yep, high carb snacks are the biggest offenders of unintentional weight gain. While getting more active is a good thing, I used to think that calories in/calories burn/out is the only ratio that dictates body fat and discovered though the various diets I've tried is carbs are the building blocks of body fat. When I started restricting carbs, I lost body fat. When your body can't burn carbs, it burns body fat. I can't call it Keto (eating a lot of fat is bad!), but I've been told is more like the Atkins diet idea. Start reading food labels and it'll shock you!

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:04 am

I wanna be Peter Pan! No getting older!

I see! My dentist's name is Dr Atkins. I don't think I want to look at labels.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am

Yeah, amberlynn reid is just a joke. Claims to be a weightloss channel but makes mukbang videos, doesnt exercise and when she does, it's a few seconds of not even pushing herself. Shes full of lies and just wasted money like it grows on trees.

But it all helps me realize that I lost the weight, I kept it off, I'm actually trying to lose the weight unlike her and she is an example of what not to do in weightloss. I take their mistakes, compare it to my own, and do what I need to improve my lifestyle.

I'm just waiting for the day it hits her that she needs to change her lifestyle before it's too late. Pretty morbid, but I want to see what it takes.

All it took for me was my blood pressure being really high and the inability to enjoy what the rest of my family can, especially when it comes to hiking and seeing how things are for my grandma who is overweight, I want to change the way I am before it's way too hard to lose the weight because of age.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:10 pm

I can see someone being outrageous on youtube to get clicks (monetized) for a comedian/entertainer/etc., but there's so much negativity with dumpster fire attention, it's just not good because it enforces negative behavior and I can only see it ending badly... :(

We're proud of your commitment and like I said, if it helps keep you motivated, it's a good thing! It's also good that you see the dangers and benefits and doing something about it. I know people who can't make that jump and have been watching them self-destruct a little by little (slow burning dumpster fire?). Then there were those I *knew* like that who constantly complained, but still wouldn't move a inch to make anything better for themselves. :(

I know you cut out sugary drinks (a huge one!). What else have you been doing with your diet that's helping?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Bringing my own lunch to work

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts