A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby Gingerale » Sun May 03, 2020 6:46 pm

Masks are really difficult to breathe in. I worry about how much CO2 goes into the blood stream with people wearing them all day.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:25 pm

Postby Vivianne » Sun May 03, 2020 6:53 pm

Breathing is a problem. I wear mine primarily because of complications rather than to keep germs out of my system. My mask frequently does not cover my nose. Covid has been an adjustment, but I'm also rarely in situations were strict covering is necessary because I'm homebound.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 03, 2020 10:29 pm

This home isolation actually is kind of nice... it cuts down on extra curricular demands and lets us just chill out at home after work... not so good though when you just want to go sit at the beach or park though.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:25 pm

Postby npixelz » Mon May 04, 2020 4:57 am

I don't wear a mask at work

Yeah, I suppose it's nice for those who had a lot of demands. For me though, it's the same stuff all day everyday

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:25 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Gingerale » Fri May 08, 2020 9:56 am

over here all the grocery outlet employees have to wear masks now.

Postby npixelz » Sat May 09, 2020 2:48 am

I don't know if the day shift has to wear masks over here or not

Postby Gingerale » Sat May 16, 2020 7:10 pm

It's amazing how many people I see that touch the outside of their mask and then touch something else right after.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:34 pm

It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't claustrophobic.
Having something cover my mouth and nose sets that fear and anxiety off big time, even when I have taken my meds. Like, I've already been close to passing out because I got super claustrophobic and couldn't breathe because I was panicking, like, I was light headed. I'm not about to have that happen. (That time was before all this covid stuff and I was just being crowded and had no room to run off to get away, couldn't follow through with my flight response, lol.)

But I got a new job now. I haven't started yet, I do on the 20th so my last day at McD's is Monday. I'll miss my coworkers and the couple of customers that I like, but the rest of them and the job itself I won't miss. Like, I absolutely won't miss the whole "nobody wants to show up to work because they don't feel like it, especially managers" schtick. My anger with the job is just getting worse because that's what happens when I try to keep calm when I'm stressed as all hell. I never really properly took care of my anger issues, I've only just bottled it up and if I keep up at McD's, it's going to explode and I may end up losing my job because I couldn't take it anymore and snap.

I hope this new job works out.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 pm

The lightheadedness from wearing a mask is called too much C02!!! And it can make you pass out! Nobody addresses that issue!

You've wanted a new job so I am glad for you! What kind of work is the new job doing?

Postby galled » Sat May 16, 2020 11:06 pm

I don't feel well wearing certain masks either. I'm convinced it's the higher CO2 because I don't have issues with the masks that have "exhaust" valves. The other masks are like breathing into a paper bag!

Congrats on the new job! That's pretty awesome with COVID and all/so many people out of work.

I hope it's awesome and you love it!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:27 am

The lightheadedness I've experienced was before this covid19 stuff, before we had to wear masks. When I get claustrophobic, I tend to hold my breath because that's how I'm like when I start to panic, and people were crowding me and I couldn't get away from the situation so I stood there and started to get lightheaded because I was panicking and not breathing. I need reassurance. I don't keep the mask over my face long enough for that to happen, I refuse.

Yeah, I hope I enjoy it too. It's a warehouse job that distributes school books (maybe other supplies, but I know books for sure), so it is essential, especially since the summer is typically the time schools really go and order books. (Regular customers will also order through them.)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Is that the place your Sister worked at before?

Do they allow you to wear face shields to cover your whole face instead of just masks or masks & glasses?
If you could just do the shield that would probably help you to not feel so closed in. The masks not only affect the breathing but also make it difficult to see...either fogging up glasses or just feeling like you have to "look over" the top of them.

When my anxiety goes up I get kind of dizzy feeling as well. It is kind of a frightening experience because it seems you feel it rising. But yes, must remember to breathe!

I have to say I am proud of you for hanging in there & trying to manage when you went in knowing it was going to be an issue for you. And you recognize the issues which is a big part in learning to manage the anxiety.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:55 pm

No, its a different place. I used to work st that other place but I'm not allowed to work there anymore due to personal issues.

At the new job? Idk.
My mcds? We just "wear" the mask. (Most of us don't actually wear them properly because a lot of us can't tolerate anything covering our mouths and noses.)

My anxiety definitely isn't as bad as it used to be. It can be easy for someone to tell I'm getting anxious really bad with me either freezing up or by going off about everything.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 17, 2020 7:11 pm

see...progress!

Postby galled » Sun May 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Yay for progress! Slow but sure is the way to success! :cheer:

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts