A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:46 am

If only I was ever as lucky to win even $10, lol. I never win at anything, lol. I don't have luck in anything. Perhaps it'll pay off one day.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 6:26 am

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:50 am

Yeah the luckiest thing to happen to me was on Recolor barely there two weeks and I got the microphone, the megaphone, and the cb radio. XD

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:51 am

The luckiest I've ever gotten on Recolor was getting 2nd on an avatar contest. I'm not stopping until I get first, lol.

Well, I need to go to class now, lol.

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:55 am

Oh forgot about those I got 6th place once and 1st place once with a Hex Maniac Cosplay.

See Ya I have to go as well it was nice talking to you. ^^

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:58 pm

//justgonnarantabit

My Spanish 101 professor doesn't understand that 99% of the class doesn't understand a single word she's saying because we don't know Spanish.

I can nit-pick words, but I can't string them together, thus I did bad on my Spanish exam. D:

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:03 pm

I hate when teachers expect students to know a subject on the same level that they are supposed to teach it to begin with. The whole point of your job is to teach the class not have your students already know everything and make your job pointless. >_>

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:09 pm

She says "The best way to learn it is to be exposed to it."

I had a Spanish teacher from Colombia, who was a native Spanish speaker, in high school and she knew well to speak more in English while teaching vocabulary and stuff so we understand and I passed. Unfortunately, this is the first time in 5-6 years I've had Spanish so I had forgotten majority of Spanish.

And it's Spanish 101, geez. There's people there who hadn't taken Spanish classes before. She'd ask a question in Spanish and no one answers which is kind of funny sometimes because she'd repeat it until someone answers, which would be part of the 1% of the students (like 2-3) who knows a good amount for being in 101 to answer.

I'd rather read the textbook because it at least makes more sense than her since it actually explains things in English.

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Yeah teachers need to learn how to teach it seems. XD

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Lol, yup.

Gosh, this week is so messed up.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:39 pm

I took French first and then when I went to take Spanish I got the 2 languages mixed up. I could read the words so if the tests were to translate the written I could do that but the Spanish teacher had us translate the spoken language and I was completely lost! If I had to say a sentence I was ok but could not reply if someone asked me! When I went to Guatemala/Mexico for a month it didn't help and even being emersed in the language I did not come out learning it any better. I had to have them show me the word in the dictionary or write down what they were trying to say! I said Como si dici ... and pointed (how do you say...) quite a bit!!

Hey, maybe you should say that to your Spanish Teacher! Or repite, por favor ( don't think they like you saying QUE? (what)

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:26 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm

The thing is, she thinks she's taking it slow, lol.

She wants us to tell her if we're lost, but I don't, and I should, but I don't, because if she can't tell that the way she's teaching isn't being effective with majority of the class, then why bother? Nobody answers questions because nobody's understanding her. Everybody's lost. Lol.

Worst Spanish teacher I ever had. Lol.

Postby Mika » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:15 am

You must really love writing lol. Even going for journalism in college. That's nice.

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 am

Lol, yup, pretty much.

My horrid memory is going to be the death of me. Stupid English teacher decided to tell those who forgot to read the book to leave. Yeah, I know you want us to read it, but can't you maybe just do your job and teach us instead of kicking us out? I mean, its not our fault you didn't put the he assignment readings on our syllabus like every other teacher does. >.>

Guys, I just realized, it's Friday the 13th and I'm being highly superstitious because I'm an unlucky person today of all days. O.O

Postby Blue Jay » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:04 am

Wow those teachers need to be taught a lesson themselves about what it means to be a teacher. U_U

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 am

Yeah. I don't want to have the expectation to be perfect. Hey, I did my homework on the day you cancelled class, I just wasn't aware of the reading. Jeez. Like I found out when I had no time to read it. And then there's the fact I have a project to work on, a test to study for, a paper to research, per labs to do, Spanish hw to do and the last thing that comes to mind is reading a few pages.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts