A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 am

I dont get why weightloss medicines have to be so frickin expensive. I just want something to help me get food out of my head. I'm constantly thinking of food and I don't even try to! These weightloss meds are supposed to suppress your appetite but they cost soooo much! It's been a mess trying to get it. Insurance approves, pharmacy trying to get it in, pharmacy never contacting me, I forget due to other circumstances, a slight change in my insurance, a new card issued while I wait for pharmacy to get in meds, need new prior authorization (pa), do that whole process again, insurance denies because they thought I was already on it and it wasn't working, Dr gets a hold of insurance, insurance approves meds, doesn't even cover any of it, so I'm left frustrated. Now my Dr gave me a link to a savings card and I have to hope they didn't trash my frickin prescription since I ran into a roadblock and can't afford to pay full price.

It's a headache and I want to scream. It's like the world doesn't want me to do anything to make losing weight easy. I'm struggling so hard!

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 4:05 am

Postby galled » Thu May 02, 2024 10:02 am

Losing weight is hard. The "easy" way is usually fraught with pitfalls...

I lost 40lbs and weigh what I weighed in college. And have kept it off for many years. The concept was simple, but it took reading labels and math.

Have you tried cutting carbs out of your diet? You can eat as much as you want of things that have little/no carbs. I never feel hungry and there are very low carb substitutes for everything. I'm the healthiest (even according to my blood work) I've ever been. Happy to answer any questions and support your efforts!

Server Administrator

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:05 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 02, 2024 4:14 pm

Losing weight is goi9ng to be hard but one day at a time.

Sometimes there are autoimmune issues or medical problems ( like gut bacteria) that influence weight gain so a thorough blood test & check is a good idea.

Some Doctors have sample meds to give out. But there are side effects with medications so if you can manage what you eat it is better for weight & inflammation.

Like Galled said, you can eat as much of the low carb food as you want, enough that maybe you won't constantly feel hungry. I found nuts are an all round good option. I don't look at calorie count because if you watch carb count it takes care of the calories. But I stopped eating fried foods ( which happens to be a big carb count anyway).

I still should probably do stomach exercises to get rid of the loose skin but one step at a time.

Good luck!

Postby galled » Thu May 02, 2024 7:36 pm

Here's a video about how the Japanese view food (it explains why there are so few obese Japanese). I found it very interesting.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/17 ... mp4?tag=12

Server Administrator

Previous

Return to Hangouts