A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Roaming Pirate Ship.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Roaming Pirate Ship.

Postby npixelz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Civs? I don't know what that is.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Cae » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:26 pm

*Hands Pixelz a 10,000 page essay on the excitement of watching paint dry* Here, this should work.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am

Always looking for something interesting.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 pm

a 1000 page essay on the excitement of watching paint dry ? You guys are hilarious! I got such a laugh from that...thank you!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

Postby Cremuex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:11 pm

A civ is a civilian. Basically someone who isn't with the navy or a pirate. A nuetral party so to speak.

I think reading the essay on paint drying might actually be more interesting than the paint drying itself.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

Postby Cae » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:34 pm

I think. it would depend on if you're the one who's been doing the painting. No ever said that you're watching a full on one solid colour after all.

Postby galled » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:26 pm

In other words, cannon fodder, hostages and victims! Arghhh (doing best pirate impression.) :wink:

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Cremuex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Parlay! You could call them that I suppose, but if you keep 'em alive they can keep producing stuff that you can keep plundering. Why burn down a farm if you're gonna starve?

Unless it's water colour I don't assume the colour paints are going to blend too much. Oil paints, acrylics and the type you use to paint walls are too thick to mix naturally with only the force of gravity asserted on them. That's not saying they wouldn't dribble over one another, just that they're unlikely to mix. Spray paint might be interesting to add, but I don't know if you'd include that as a type of paint. If you mix it with something like acetone or alcohol it might be different but I'm not entirely sure what those effects might be besides breaking it down a little.

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Ah, civilians! Those landlubbers are good fer laughs sometimes! And good fer looting other times! But mostly I try an' avoid 'em, on account on what happen' to me uncle Fredrick. He dated a civilian once, an' den, t' impress th' lass, he quit bein' a pirate! Can ye imagine tha'?! He quit piratin'! Fer good! An' den wha' did tha' lass do? She left 'im. Left 'im fer a navymen she did! He 'asn't been right since!

Postby Cremuex » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Hopefully I fall into the laughs category. I don't have much of a hoard of feathers yet but I'm workin' on it. *attempts pirate voice*

Poor ole Fredrick. I dunno how you'd impress someone by NOT being a pirate by aye, to each 'ere own. Canna imagine it nay. Once a pirate, always a pirate is what I says. What a scoundrel, breakin' a mans 'eart after 'e left his love, the seeeeea.

Postby npixelz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm

You do, don't worry. And I'm sure you'll get a lot of feathers. You seem to be posting often enough anyway. Which is great.

Ye, tha's wha' I said t' 'im, but 'e refused t' listen, 'e did. Dey say love is blind, an' I suppose dey're righ'. 'E was 'eartbroken, 'e was. Said 'e was gonna join t'e navy t' get 'er back. But when 'e tried, 'e got arrested. Seems 'e forgot 'e was a wanted pirate. Den 'e broke out, an' changed himself t' look differen', and tried again. Went by Edward, 'e did. Den 'e went a little power mad an' started hunting me, an' t'e rest o' t'e family down. Straight up killed my father, during dat time. Afterwards, 'e came t' 'is senses. Couldn' take it no more, so 'e 'ung 'imself. So I try an' steer clear of civs most o' t'e time.

Postby Cremuex » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to get on at least once a day to check in and see what's happening. You never know what day an there's gonna be a news update or an event might start.

That's actually really cute that they'd go from being a pirate to joining the Navy because they loved someone that much. Then it escalated REAL quick.

Postby npixelz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to do the same. ^^

Yeah, I suppose it is. Yeah, I guess it did escalate quickly, didn't it?

And wow, I say 'yeah' a lot, don't I?

Postby Cae » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Arrrgh, this sure got out of hand rather quickly, was only gone for a short while and already many things have been discussed.

About the paints, you're right, but also not completely right... Because it would depend on if you added any mediums to said paint. It can vastly change how paints behave. You could even get Oil Paints to behave much like water colours with the right medium, possibly to an even greater effect.

Postby Cremuex » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Haha, yeah. Yeah ya do. ;3

But so do I. If you check my post history you'll see that I do it a lot at the start of my paragraphs too. It's just not as noticable in this thread in particular because normally all my yeahs are spread across several threads when I'm posting in different tabs. All at once you notice it, but spread out it kinda blends in more.

I kinda have the habit of copying people's writting styles/accents when I'm talking to them. I know it's like a psychological thing to show that you're on the same kinda wave length and understand each other. It's like a social adaptation thing. It's probably because we've been talking together so much. Either that or we're just naturally similar and use the same words a lot.

Cae
Cool cool. I'm not much of a painter myself, I've just never spent much time practicing or experimenting with them so I'll defer to you on that one. I just like watching and learning.

Postby npixelz » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Yeah, you missed a bit.

Really? Huh. Learn something new everyday.

I knew it!

Do you? I didn't notice. Though I guess you DID just say it's not that noticeable when it's spread out, so it makes sense why I didn't notice.

Huh. I think I've heard of that.

I don't like to watch or learn. Not really that artistic, I guess.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts