A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:22 am

Yep... don't light a fire iressponsibly kids T_T I remember my parents telling me about this tiny village area that got burned down because someone got reckless with the stove and now I never leave the kitchen unnattended when the fires on, just in case

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby npixelz » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:10 am

I use a stove without fire

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby galled » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:55 am

They're making progress on the replicator concept. The most successful right now are nanobots, but they're only working on a molecular level and really slow in human terms (but fast in the microscopic realm). If we (humans) don't extinguish ourselves before then, I have no doubt we'll get there. It's an engineering problem.

Electric stoves (other than smart one) cause fires too. Just sayin...

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ShiroGEM » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:14 am

npixelz
Oh yea, I did consider getting electric stoves just because gas stoves scare me... but I think i've gotten used to the flame at this point xD but just as galled says, they can still cause fires (like many other electric appliances :strain:)

galled
We gotta either develop them fast or live forever!! I wanna see the day when it happens *A* I'd lose my mind to be honest. Even if its on a molecular level, I wonder if that has any medical applications as it is.

Postby galled » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:07 pm

It's already working on medical stuff. Cancer treatments that target a particular cancer are all based on the same umbrella of nanotechnology. They're using biological robots in essence--programming bio machines to do microscopic work. Stem cell therapies that target specific jobs are coming (as opposed to just injecting stem cells into a problem area and hoping the body will utilize them and correctly). They're also repurposing virus' (programming) to do helpful things. These are exciting times and my hope is that our ever increasing pace of tech developments will accelerate things even more!

Lab grown meat (beef and chicken) is just the beginning of food replicators. Small steps on the surface, but huge small steps really!

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 am

on another subject ... were you able to get all the Halloween 2021 items?

Plus, I was told today there is a blood test that can check for 13 different types of cancer. Would be amazing if we could do early detection so simply!

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:33 am

galled
Ohh yea I heard about how our body has stem cells which end up diverging into a bunch of other cells based on their task. Super interesting stuff! It would be super cool if one day we could just grow transplant organs from this technology to save lives~ Similar type of stuff as lab grown meat I guess, though I wonder how efficient that really is given how much meat we consume as a species. :strain:

Lemon Cheesecake
Yes!! Gingerale was super kind to gift me the bats I needed :hearts: and your feathers literally carried me through the event, I can't thank you enough :hugs:

Blood tests still scare me haha... I have a fear of needles so the last time I got one I almost passed out xD just because the feeling of getting one was so foreign. But still, that's super neat!

Postby npixelz » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:34 am

galled wrote:They're making progress on the replicator concept. The most successful right now are nanobots, but they're only working on a molecular level and really slow in human terms (but fast in the microscopic realm). If we (humans) don't extinguish ourselves before then, I have no doubt we'll get there. It's an engineering problem.

Electric stoves (other than smart one) cause fires too. Just sayin...

:o I had no idea. I thought I was safe

ShiroGEM wrote:npixelz
Oh yea, I did consider getting electric stoves just because gas stoves scare me... but I think i've gotten used to the flame at this point xD but just as galled says, they can still cause fires (like many other electric appliances :strain:)

galled
We gotta either develop them fast or live forever!! I wanna see the day when it happens *A* I'd lose my mind to be honest. Even if its on a molecular level, I wonder if that has any medical applications as it is.

I've always had electric so I don't know much about gas stoves, tbh

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:18 am

npixelz
Pretty much anything that releases a lot of heat can cause fires to be honest, so never leave the stove unattended. Another thing is I was paranoid over my laptop catching fire because the battery was expanding earlier this year, so I got it replaced :strain: There's literal footage of macbooks catching fire while charging so... fun :P

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:51 am

Batteries can be extremely combustible and is one of the reasons The Postal Service does not want you mailing lithium batteries or has contingencies for mailing them.
FedEx has has had downed planes because of exploding batteries.
So always check the condition of any batteries.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:18 am

Lemon Cheesecake
Oh yea certainly a scary aspect... I remembered airports banning a certain model of macbooks too because of battery problems. It's definitely scary knowing that sometimes it's hard to tell the condition of a battery either T_T I was only able to tell my battery was expanding because my casing was warped.

Postby galled » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:30 pm

npixelz wrote:
galled wrote:Electric stoves (other than smart one) cause fires too. Just sayin...
:o I had no idea. I thought I was safe

If you get anything hot enough it'll burn. Keep in mind that low-er temps for a long period of time can get really hot as well. And when the thing in the pot for example evaporates, burns and/or becomes devoid of all moisture, temps will rise too. Bottom line: Better to be safe than sorry! :grin_wink:

Server Administrator

Postby galled » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:42 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:galled
It would be super cool if one day we could just grow transplant organs from this technology to save lives~ Similar type of stuff as lab grown meat I guess, though I wonder how efficient that really is given how much meat we consume as a species. :strain:

I think it'll happen. They've been able to grow tissue (cloning) for heart tissue for humans. And grown pig heart tissue (that also beats!) in the pursuit of growing complete organs. Again, these are just technical/engineering issues that have to be sorted out. It's coming! :cheer:

I guess the rate of meat growth isn't too much different than when it grows in a live animal. The big issue is cost is currently a lot higher. The show I saw interviewed some of the people in these companies and they feel the biggest issues are public acceptance/marketing. So they're spending a lot of time figuring out how to growing meat into shapes that people recognize. :cheeky:

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:20 am

I see! Well thanks for the info, friends! I had no idea. Makes sense now that I think of it. Awhile ago there were phones that exploded, so if that can happen then anything with heat can catch fire

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:49 pm

Happy winter solstice everyone!!! it's super cold here (for me, i freeze at 23 celsius Lol) but i hope everyone is staying warm and cozy :D

in the time i was lurking i successfully got my first vaccine shot last week! took me only ~8 months of convincing my parent that it was the responsible thing to do (they're not very keen on science) :strain: but now there's no excuse to not get the second so i'm pretty satisfied

also went to a local craft fair and got a scented candle! i'm really picky with scents but cinnamon is too irresistible. does anyone have any favourite diffusers/candles for comfort? i found a basil scented one and it's kind of weird but i also sort of want it...

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts