A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Postby npixelz » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:39 pm

No pokemon stuff!? How can they do this? It's outrageous, it's unfair! How can you have a Nintendo store and NOT have Pokemon stuff!? Jkjk

I don't have a picture rn but I'll try and remember to take one when I get home!

Ah I see! Well at least you're having fun!

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:47 pm

Wishing you much happiness & success in 2024 !

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 9:52 pm

Postby npixelz » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:04 am

I'm wishing you that, too, but also a tinge of sadness/empathy, maybe from watching a sad movie, but n9thing more, just so you can really appreciate the joy!

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:08 am

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy Belated New Years!!

I ended up getting covid for the first time (and sick for the first time in 4 years) so I was stuck in bed for half the week :cry: really wanted to get work done which was a bummer, but oh well. Someone please tell me that I'll get my taste buds back because not tasting food is sad :(

Also got to watch The Boy the Heron! I don't want to spoil it because it's something I went in not knowing anything about but let's just say it was an experience :P

npixelz
On the bright side, Pokemon centers exist and I need them to build one here for my sanity!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:52 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:01 pm

Sorry you got sick over the holidays!

I've had covid 4 times since 2019 but never lost my taste buds thankfully but I know others who have & it unfortunately, for some, can take up to a year to get them back, or so I hear. That seemed to be from one of the original strains.

I have read you can do a taste therapy kind of thing where you introduce foods with strong flavors to try to recharge your system so to speak. But also make sure your nasal cavities have cleared up all the way as covid can hang out there even after you are "better". NHK medical frontiers show on long covid had them cleaning (scraping) the noses of people - about a month treatment- to correct it.

Also, keep trying to smell strong scented things to help clear the nose & get your taste back.

The weird thing is the last time I had covid in November my taste buds became more acute, like I could taste more bitter or sharper flavors of the medicine & since then now taste other spices in foods that I wouldn't normally & actually now like some foods I use to hate or previously rather not eat. So weird!

But I wonder if it had to do with the chicken soup my friend made me while I was sick, she put strong spices, oregano & basil I think (I have to ask her) in it. Anyway, something reset my taste buds! But I am not complaining! It's opened up a whole new world of flavor for me. However, I would not wish that terrible sore throat on anyone.

Hope you are better very soon!

Postby galled » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:40 pm

So sorry you've been not feeling well. Going 4 years without being sick is an accomplishment (but sometimes I wonder if not being exposed to germs can backfire--the old use it or lose it might apply to your immune system).

I've lost my sense of taste the last time I had COVID, but I've lost my taste before with the common cold. What seems/seemed to cure it was decongestants. If my nose is stuffy, I my sense of taste disappears.

Get well soon!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:07 am

Oof, sick with covid around the holidays is no fun

Oh ya! I want a pokemon center here too

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:02 am

Lemon Cheesecake
Ooh yea I did read up on smell therapy in my boredom, though scraping your nose sounds incredibly scary :strain: The strongest smelling thing I have is probably my cinnamon scented candle and my shampoos, but i've been able to smell them recently which is such a relief. The surreal experience during covid was spraying cleaning alcohol on my arm and not smelling any of it :P

I was able to taste about a week later though! I kind of understand what you mean, I could taste the spice in my chinese medicine and curry but none of the aroma!

galled
I wonder about that too, since the friend I got it from suffered a way less, but they also had western medicine so I can't really say. Here's to hoping the body can remember how to fight things for longer than 4 years haha
It seems covid is really just the common cold or flu but much worse :cry: thank you!

npixelz
Luckily I usually stay home on the actual holiday but it's definitely not restful!
I know right? I definitely want to visit a pokemon center in japan

-
Totally unrelated but I've been playing an unreasonable amount of Fashion Dreamer on the switch lately. It's not a perfect game by any means but a lot of the items resemble clothing I can find in real life (and a lot of the stuff my parents have handed down to me) so it's actually shaping my sense of style quite a bit!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:52 pm

Postby npixelz » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:06 am

I don't wanna scrape my nose! Taking covid tests is already bad enough!

I'd western medicine better?

I see!
Yeah, I want to go to a Pokemon Center and themed cafes!

Sounds fun! I should really buy that. Are there physical copies of it?

Postby galled » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:45 am

So glad your taste and sense of smell are almost back completely!

Yes, COVID and the common cold virus' are in the same family (coronavirus).

I'm not sure "scrape" is the right word for them to use to describe the procedure (it certainly makes it sound harsh). But I understand the concept--physically remove some of the mucus (and other lovely bits) covering your smell sensors in your nose. (If they're blocked, your ability to smell will be reduced, and if you can't smell, you can't taste.)

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:10 am

ShiroGEM wrote:npixelz
It's a small temporary store but they have quite a lot of stuff! No pokemon stuff though, rather tragic :strain:
How are your trees decorated? Do you have a picture of it?

Planning to stay home :3 I binged the home alone movies last year so I might do something similar
Hmmmm my family doesn't actually celebrate christmas but money is always a practical choice- just kidding :cheer: Time spent with friends is good enough :heart:

Merry Christmas from HK!!!

Sorry! I forgot to take a picture! I'll try in a couple days before we take it down! ><

I rarely use my nose so I don't notice smells

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:21 pm

Not being able to smell can be a good or not so good thing.

SHIROGEM! Thank you So much for the items you drew for Windlyn! They are created with love, I can tell!

Postby (-o-) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:30 pm

Do you mainly breath through your mouth then? :shock:

Yes! Your items are always beautiful! :heart:

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 pm

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Flaria » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:22 am

I only gotten sick with Covid for about 3 days and starting getting better after that. I didn't lose my sense of smell or taste. I read somewhere that helps to get those back by boiling and orange or tangerine, I don't know. My best bet is to google and research where someone said that.

Postby npixelz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:37 am

Yeah, it has its ups and downs
I agree! Thank you Shiro!

Yep, I'm a mouth breather

Good thing it didn't last

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts