A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |Staying Active!|

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 pm

the violet eyes with the hair band are quite striking

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 11:44 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 am

Thank you~
When colours are used right, some of the clashy ones go well together. :D
Quite surprised you can see the purple tint in the eyes though, It looks sort of pink when it's shrunken.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:44 am

Good morning :)

Remember me?

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 10:44 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:21 am

Hiii I Shall Engrave I do. :3
How are you recently?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 am

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:24 am

Not bad. I have an accounting final today and then I'm finished with this semester. I'm feeling a little on edge so I'm going out for a smoke. I promised myself I'll quit after this pack.

How about you? What's new?

Postby galled » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:19 am

I Shall Engrave wrote:Not bad. I have an accounting final today and then I'm finished with this semester. I'm feeling a little on edge so I'm going out for a smoke. I promised myself I'll quit after this pack.

How did the final go? I bet you did awesome!
Quitting is hard, but you can do it. I found it made a big difference in who you hang around (other smokers make it impossible in the becoming). I also had to quit drinking coffee at first because I associated drinking coffee with smoking a cigarette. But today I can have coffee and not crave a smoke. Probably the most difficult thing I've ever done, but you can do it if you really want to. Good luck! It's another great decision!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:51 am

I actually think I did really well. I'm expecting an A in the class, at worst an A-.

I'm really going to make the effort this time. My closest friends are smokers too, and one of them just brought me cigarettes from Russia that are vanilla flavored. He's making it difficult lol. But thanks for the encouragement.

Postby galled » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Alright! Congrats!!

Well, to be honest, I quit a few times (and even quit quitting if that makes sense LOL!). You may fall off the wagon, but if you're determined to do it, you can do it.

Yep, that's funny. I had friends that did the same kind of things--it's like smoking is some kind of club to them or something and they don't want you to leave! LOL

Server Administrator

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:16 pm

I think smoking can bond people. I've met many new people simply because we were smoking at the same place at the same time. My friend (who has quit cigarettes) is trying to get me on the vape but it's not a good substitute for me. But you can change the flavor in the vape and some of them are very tasty.

Postby galled » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 pm

LOL That's true. It's true of any "interest" too tho. I like to meet people whose interests are based on productive/creative lines. Things like smoking doesn't really create anything or produce anything (other than smoke and lung cancer perhaps), so don't feel like I missed anything since I quit.

Vaping, hmm, sounds like trading one unproductive vice for another... resist, you must resist! :)

Server Administrator

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Yeah, I'll approach people that I have something in common with. I like to meet new people and I'm not afraid to come up to them to start a conversation.

Vaping is supposedly a healthier alternative, and it will help me transition. I couldn't get into it anyway.

Postby galled » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Yep, I'm not worried about you.

"Vaping a healthier alternative smoking" is amusing. :)

The patches, gum, etc., didn't do it. finally quit cold turkey. . Mental fortitude is what it took for me.

Server Administrator

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Hence the word "supposedly".

I realized I don't want any dependency, and I don't want to have to smoke to feel "normal". That and I hardly have money anymore.

My grandfather was a heavy smoker (he liked Camels, which I think are gross) and he quit after over 30 years.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:26 pm

I went out for about a month with a smoker when I was in high school, most of the girls wanted to date him and he was a good kisser but he tasted like cigarette ashtrays smell! Even though he tried to disguise it with mint it just didn't work. The air from his lungs had a cigarette smell. When they say it is like licking an ashtray I would tend to believe it (although I never tried licking an ashtry). I have never smoked and never dated another smoker.Maybe it is different if you both smoke? It's not like I wasn't raised around smokers because I was, something about the smell is repugnant though and it lingers on fabrics and in the air.

An expensive habit too... hope you are able to resist!

Postby I Shall Engrave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:05 am

That's the funny thing; at first I hated the taste and smell but I grew to enjoy them. Today should be stress free so I'll see how that goes.

I'm done with my semester but now I'm supposed to do all the house chores. I never received an allowance. In my family I was raised to believe that everyone should contribute around the house without getting paid. That it is just their responsibility.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts