A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |Staying Active!|

Postby ShiroGEM » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:22 am

They say that if you smoke once you can get addicted. xD I'd rather pass if a friend of mine asks me if I want to smoke. But either way, it's your choice whether you want to continue or quit anyways~

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 4:59 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby I Shall Engrave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:47 am

I think it takes more than one try to become addicted. I've sampled many different drugs and I've never found myself needing more of them.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 12:59 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 am

I've never found myself needing any of them...fortunately for me (unfortunately for them) I have seen enough negative responses to alcohol and drugs that have never led me down that road. Sadly, sometimes it only takes trying something once to not live through it...one person dying is tragic enough never mind two, and I have heard enough people saying I can quit at any time and then not being able to that I tend to play it safe and just stay away from it.Plus you don't always know what you are getting is safe or is what you ordered. So be careful.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 1:59 pm

Postby I Shall Engrave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:51 am

I've seen it go wrong too. One of my closest friends had a problem with opiates. He started by snorting crushed up painkillers and it progressed to stronger things. It got to the point where he was stealing money, disappearing at night, and spending the morning asleep. He died of an overdose in December and it's assumed to be deliberate.

Postby galled » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:58 pm

I've lost several. If I hadn't gotten out of that crowd, well, I shudder to think about it now.

Nothing good of any consequence comes from any of that.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby I Shall Engrave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm sorry that happened. There was a point where I'd use as a form of "self-medication" but in reality when it wears off you feel worse than you did originally.

On another subject, how did you choose your username? I was curious about the meaning behind it

Postby galled » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:27 pm

You'll have you ask (-o-), she created this account. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby (-o-) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Original I was trying to spell Gallade (a pokemon), but I messed up and it ended up as Galled.

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:48 am

;v; I'm sorry that happened too, but that's the demon behind the drugs. Best way to avoid it is to stop it from happening in the future. My grandfather smoked a bit when he was in his 60s but he's too weak to bother anymore.

@"(-o-)" I feel you, I once set up picarto and I mispelled my username as "SparklyCrstal" instead of "SparklyCrystal". xD

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 4:59 am

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:40 am

Haha I knew that galled was an actual word so I searched it and discovered that it meant irritation. And something else on urbandictionary.com

I can never settle on a username for very long.

Postby (-o-) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:18 am

I didn't know galled was an actual word until yesterday. xD

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:40 am

It sounded familiar, so I googled it to be sure.

I sometimes read the dictionary. I'll look for one word and it will take me to another.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:30 pm

I like to do that when I am trying to find a word to describe what I want to say

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:54 am

I'll be taking a public speaking class next semester so it will be helpful. I love giving speeches and debating. Which is strange, considering I used to be so painfully shy that I was nervous about asking a CVS worker where a product was.

Postby galled » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

That's great! It should be a required class for every student. Although you may never speak to an audience, the skills you'll learn will help organize your thoughts and presentation, which is essential to communication with individuals and small groups (which is an essential basic skill really).

Yes, look at you! You even got on stage to perform. Fantastic!

I think most people are born scared/shy of others. It's perfectly natural, but while some can overcome this easier than others, it's all a mental exercise IMHO. The only solution is to learn as much as you can and do it over and over and you'll eventually become more comfortable with it (note I said "more comfortable" as I don't think it ever completely goes away). Would that be your experience as well? Do you have any tips that helped you?

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts