A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:54 pm

I've had to be at family reunions and people are speaking another language with English words thrown in there...laughing away...and I have no clue what they are saying! :distress:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

Postby silverberry » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:54 am

That's what I love about Discord server channels - it gives everyone the ability to hold like 10 different conversations with the same people at the same time.

Ah, at family gatherings, table's usually big enough that people just naturally break off and have convos in smaller groups.

I personally don't mind not being part of a conversation that's physically close to me - not everything has to be for me. Besides, if the only allowed topic is something super general that everyone could relate to, it'll end up be the super vague, small-talk type-esque stuff. And even those convos eventually wander into more specific, less relatable topics by themselves!

It's also p interesting to just. Listen in on everyone share their knowledge and opinions, even on things I don't understand much.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby npixelz » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:42 am

MissAutumn wrote:
npixelz wrote:That doesn't usually happen at home because we're often told to talk about things that everyone can discuss. It's not a rigid rule, but it's strongly advised.

That's a pretty good rule to have. It's awkward when you're the one not able to join the discussion.

Indeed! But sometimes I want to talk to my sister about a game, and I can't! Though now I don't eat with them, so that doesn't happen anymore.

Oof.

Indeed!
We don't have many family gatherings and when we do, the children (even adult children) are usually separate from the parents/guardians.
True.
Indeed

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:00 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:15 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I've had to be at family reunions and people are speaking another language with English words thrown in there...laughing away...and I have no clue what they are saying! :distress:

I hate that. I feel like I'm missing out on something when people switch languages.

npixelz wrote:Indeed! But sometimes I want to talk to my sister about a game, and I can't! Though now I don't eat with them, so that doesn't happen anymore.

That would be annoying.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:48 pm

Cilencio Cerbera
I use name generators all the time! Especially on my DND characters because I don't end up fleshing out their backstory until halfway into the campaign.. oops?
They're really good for someone with no braincells like me~
Ikr? Iridescent makes any colour combination look pretty honestly, it's one of the only genes I couldn't pass up haha. Also I never really understood how familiars worked, I'm pretty sure I only bonded them to get rewards. LOL

npixelz
Ahh I see! I don't often eat with my family (bad blood lol) but when we have family gatherings, they're usually extended families or nothing. Kind of hard to include everyone when the dining table has 10 people and there's 4-5 tables of people in the same family :strain: Usually we have like 4-5 people participating in conversations and it works out because the other half get to focus on eating food :cheeky:

Lemon Cheesecake
I feel that all the time at family gatherings! My dad's side are all Hong Kongers and I don't speak Canto at all :strain: and when I eat with my mom's side, they all speak in Taiwanese and I don't speak that either

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:52 pm

silverberry
Discord has totally changed how I interact with people online and I love how servers can contain thousands of members and still feel like there's a conversation going on
Totally agree with you that listening in can be entertaining! Sometimes there's not much to contribute anyway~ We usually have family gatherings at banquets and the food there is so good! To the point where I don't even make an effort in speaking when I don't have to, I just nod and chew, occasionally pour tea for others etc. Maybe i'm just an introvert too haha

Postby npixelz » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 am

MissAutumn wrote:
npixelz wrote:Indeed! But sometimes I want to talk to my sister about a game, and I can't! Though now I don't eat with them, so that doesn't happen anymore.

That would be annoying.

Yup!

I see! Baby now we've got bad blood! Indeed
Oof.

Discord is great

Postby silverberry » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:06 am

ShiroGEM
Oh yes, it's a huge introvert mood. Family gatherings are just... too big and too much to handle. ESPECIALLY if like, they've all heard of you or something and you don't even know how you're related to them orz

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:37 am

Ohhhh hell nawh the topic of OC's backstory is giving some war flashback HAHAHAHAH XDDDD Idk if you're like me, coz for mine I'd usually create random tragic or funny backstories as we move along HAHAHA instead of creating it all together <.<;;; If the backstories are created too early, it feels that it's much more likely subjected to change.

Indeed ToT And metallic/alloy genes too, it brings out the shine! But iridescent is still the best when it comes to pairing with skins!

Ayyy ya got that right :cheer: we bond with familiars to ultimately receive the golden gilded chest! :grin: The items inside these gold chest tends to contain more 'gem' than normal brown chest, so the more the better I'd say HAHAHA These chests helped in increasing many users' gem count.

Postby silverberry » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:41 am

I second that metallic gene! I went nuts over it so a lot of the dragons in my lair are metallic...
It's just makes a really good, subtle but not bland base!

...backstory whomstveveve HAHAHA
I wrote a personality for my progens (and the iciest looking ridgey i have) but other than that... nada.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:12 am

HAHAHAAHAH Ikr, metallic just has this awesome shine to it! It pairs well with many tertiary genes too, along with the crystal genes! Ahh but secondary bee gene works wonders even when the dragon colors aint matching or contrasting.

OH OH, have yall checked out the new patchwork skin? >XD it looks so cute on baby dragons!!! They look like lil fluffy plushies <3

HAAHAHHAHAHAAHHA
I just slap em with some copy pasta Ars Goetia demon names and lore LMAOOOOOOO

Postby ShiroGEM » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:23 am

Cilencio Cerbera
Same with me honestly! i've had OC backstories still in the works and none of them are complete, even if some of them have been worked on for about 5 years on and off. :strain: just doesn't feel right to finish them and dust them aside. The backstories have definitely gotten more complex the older i've gotten too :P

Oh yea I forgot they gave gems too! That's probably why I had them on in the first place, but I only have like 500 gems right now anyway so I was not good at checking them daily

silverberry
Writing a backstory for your dragons is pretty cool! I don't have enough creativity to write non-human characters anymore C":

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 pm

How are things going on your side of the world, ShiroGem?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:32 am

Vewy gwood qwestiawn uwu

Postby murmurlade » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:28 am

hope everyones having a good lunar new year /

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings