A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Yeah, I'm really happy with it!
Yeah in Galaxy's Edge you can build your own lightsaber. Cost a lot, though.

Yeah, he did! He actually sells some wood turned things like Christmas trees at his job! And he will give some things like bowls and the like as presents!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 4:08 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:05 pm

Also no, I'm not being trained. I don't want to be trained but I DO sometimes listen to him explain how he did certain things!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:19 pm

I think it would be so cool to learn. My first Dad carved small wooden animals by hand. I wish I had one as a remembrance. I'll have to look at how expensive lathe's are and how user friendly ( I'd hate to lose a finer or two!).

Nice robes ShiroGem! Thanks for drawing items even when you have a hectic schedule! Hopefully it brings some relaxation and destressing for you.
I love how the Windlyn community comes together.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 2:08 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:28 pm

npixelz
Ooo omg that's so cool! I also want one of my own *A* Adding that on the bucketlist if I ever get to go to Disneyland (that's not in my country because it's tiny).

Wood crafting or carving like this is such a valuable skill, definitely a must-have for gift givers. :cheer: They're a lot harder to break than clay and porcelain items too, so that's a plus~ This reminds me that when I move out one day, I want to invest in a couple of wooden bowls so I don't have to be scared of shattering them on the floor. :P

Lemon Cheesecake
Glad you like them! I've probably mentioned this before, but drawing items is super fun! It's just tragic that I don't have proper school work to life balance to draw more. To be honest, I drew the robes last year lol. I only added colours to them this week because I found the file again. Exporting is my least favourite part of the process :strain: So the drawing part is great, but I don't like organising :cheeky:

Actually I found a hair item I forgot to finish rendering for this set HAHAHA It's basically anime bed hair and I remember Mur requesting I do a short hair version too~ So eventually it shall see the light of day!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:08 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby npixelz » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:00 pm

It would be cool, but I don't like that kind of hobby, tbh.
Indeed they are nice.

IKR.
True

Postby galled » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:26 pm

What's interesting is instead of lathes (where you remove material to make the thing you want), we're moving to 3D printing (where you add material to get make the things you want!). It always makes me kind of feel wasteful when you remove a lot of material when carving or lathing (not that I've done a lot of either).

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:45 am

Icy

Well I like the fact that even through destruction there is creation

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:34 pm

galled
That's true! I guess the main problem would be that it's only more accessible to print in plastic right now, whereas people used to carve away from things like wood and stone. If we could just move away from producing more plastic that would the absolute dream!

(Also if you sharpen a pencil, do you consider the wood casing a waste of material xD)

npixelz
Such is the way with art :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Can wood shavings be considered compostable ?

I know you can use the wood shavings from carving as kinder to start fires ... but then fire places have been almost outlawed in our State and I guess bonfires or camp fires are not good for the environment?

Once there was a time when wood stoves were the fuel of the future. I knew someone who had a wood stove in their cabin. It actually cooked quite well and heated the place up nicely. Of course your clothes ended up with that BBQ smell to them.

Postby galled » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:23 pm

I'm eagerly waiting for the day we can "print" using atoms (like the replicators in Star Trek). Zero waste (you can "recycle" everything back to atoms/raw materials).

The problem with burning stuff (or even composting) is it all produces carbon. :(

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:22 pm

Indeed, art is quite something

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:24 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
I think so? they do decompose unless they've been treated with some method of preservation, but I think most wood based pulp is recycleable to some degree... would be nice to know further though. I think it's just dangerous to start bonfires anywhere especially after what happened last year :strain: starting unauthorised fires can spread and it's just a danger to anything.

Wood stoves sound super cozy but they're super inconvenient xD

galled
That's the first time i've heard about this to be honest! It would be sooo cool if it becomes reality someday, 3D artists and sculptures would actually rejoice. I think it would be a great applicator for customization.

Postby npixelz » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:12 am

Some guy got drunk and burned down a play park last year I think

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:46 am

npixelz
LOL I still think about the gender reveal party...

Postby npixelz » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:38 am

Those got insane

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts