A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:36 pm

Aw that reminds me of the find a pengwing novalia event we had way back.

I love my pengwing friends! :heart:

You can get items with pengwing in real life & support Windlyn as well: donation.php

Oh, that might be a fun way for people to get feathers! I can randomly do a pengwing in threads & if you find it you get 100 feathers! Enough for a 5 pull ! Great idea Ashton!! I am going to do it! I'll keep it to my threads.

Find the pengwing challenge :pengwing:

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Definitely! I wished it would go away sooner :cry: It's like being constantly thirsty but no amount of water helps OTL I'm so tired of the flavours lemon + ginger but it does help...

My friends in the states were telling me about how they just have stuff stocked at home. There's so many medications I've never even heard of. I discovered that cough drops are a thing :P a whole new world

I remember other users trolling us with the pengwings in their signatures :strain: fell for it every time!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Lol I remember falling for them as well.

Okay, I have placed some pengwing's randomly in MY threads for people to find.

I wish we could mail over the counter medications international but you have to be careful as some are not allowed in the mail because they are not approved in those particular countries. Cough drops maybe ok.

Just warm tea or green tea does the job too. Something that cuts the mucus, that's why usually lemon is recommended.

As a singer don't drink milk or orange juice before a performance. My friend who used to sing at church events told me that, causes mucus.

Postby galled » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:00 pm

I've had COVID 4 times and only the first time was different (the first had the cough that wouldn't go away--misery). The reset were more or less the same with symptoms, but at lower levels (the first wasn't bad at all other than the cough) and none was debilitating (more nusance than anything). Of course everyone is different.

I think the only things about these cold/corona virus' is they're very contageous and they constantly mutate (explains why there is still no cure for the common cold).

I have mixed feelings about the mucus scraping theory. Yes, it's probably good to get any virus out of your body and if it's on the surface of the mucus, then removing it would be a good thing. However, the mucus is protecting you by preventing it from entering your body, so you don't want to get rid of all of it. I kind of doubt you'd be able to scrape everything out of your nose without bloodshed, so that's probably not a real problem to worry about, but my understanding is in the context of the recommendation (details!). If you're overwhelmed by the virus, then actions such as nasal scraping might be warranted. It's not something that seems reasonable to do if you're dealing with it OK. If your nose is dripping, then by all means mop it up as best as possible (prevent it from entering your mouth or down the back of your throat--too much info?! LOL).

That said, oral decongestants have been my go-to. It relieves the symptoms (stuffy nose) without getting rid of all of your mucus lining in your sinus'. OTC, but always read the instructions!

Chinese medicine is very intersting--I don't know anything about it other than tiger balm, ginger, and ginseng. Or are you talking about modern Chinese pharmaceuticals?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Ashton » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:03 pm

time to find that pengwing :cheer:

hope you guys get better :scream:

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 am

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:52 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:npixelz
No worries! I'm surprised the tree stayed up for so long haha, it's been over a month! Do the trees need to be watered or do they just wither and die? Or is it a fake tree that can be reused every year? I've only seen real pine trees in large malls and parks here, but the smell of pine definitely beats a plastic tree.

Western medicine definitely alleviates the symptoms better, so it makes the sickness more bearable. Chinese medicine doesn't do that at all, though from personal experience it takes more or less the same time to recover :P The HK government also confirmed the effectiveness of Chinese medicine against COVID so there's a lot of choice here.

Also fashion dreamer does have physical copies! I recommend grabbing a physical copy, I nabbed mine for ~33 USD which is a lot better than 45 USD on the HK eshop.

Lemon Cheesecake
Definitely agree with that, not smelling the public bathrooms is a boon xD
Thank you for liking my items! I love giving back to the community :cheer:

galled
Definitely same family but the aftereffects are much worse in my opinion OTL

Ohhh I wonder how long the mucus lingers in your body if you don't scrape it out. I didn't get my full singing range back until 4 months after my last flu, so I wonder if its a different length of time for each person.

Flaria
That's the best case scenario! I haven't tried the tangerine or orange method, though the peels are a common soup ingredient :wink:

Gingerale
The weather is supposed to get colder again in the next few days but I welcome it! It's a very comfortable temperature right now (15-22 celsius) and dryer than it is during the summer.

-

I hate breathing through my mouth because I kept coughing myself awake :scream: but sometimes its the only way. Can totally relate to the fly phobia too. I know the "eating 8 spiders in your sleep" is a myth but the idea of it freaks me out xD

Also casual reminder that I don't mind chatter in my hangout thread but I'd appreciate if there were more substance to responses than just an emote or something! I know we're all short on feathers lmao (the item i've drawn myself has stopped me from completing the card, the misery :worry: )

Tis a fake tree! Never had a real one

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:05 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby (-o-) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:04 pm

Real teees usually have water at the base of the trunk to help keep it fresh. Cut a thin layer off the bottom to help the tree absorb water better. You're also supposed to chop up the tree and dispose of it quickly after the holidays since it's a fire hazard.

My family has only done fake trees though haha. This is just what I've heard from friends who've had real ones.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 1:05 am

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Ashton » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:55 pm

hmm

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 am

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:49 pm

Never knew that!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:05 am