A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

HP's Kingdom of Magical Muffins - Come and chat!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Magical Muffins :o

Postby Maro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:45 am

trying to get so much done lately and it's driving me bonkers x.x; hoping to be able to buy some paint and tiles soon.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:29 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Candi Formaldehyde » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:54 am

Are you renovating your house, Maro?

I need to go to the DMV. It is an evil place.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:59 pm

Postby Maro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 am

nope just doing up my apartment because my super has still not done a darn thing the whole year i have been living there. i need to paint and do the floor and fix holes in the wall and blargh.

Postby Candi Formaldehyde » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:59 am

My apartment was under repair recently. Whenever the upstairs neighbors used their bathroom, it would leak through my ceiling. The super had to knock a giant hole in it to fix the leak and now it's being covered up.

Postby Maro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:03 am

oh jeez, makes me happy nobody is living above me right now

Postby Candi Formaldehyde » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:15 am

I hear screaming and cursing from that apartment constantly.

I have another neighbor who borrowed one of my favorite books and lost it. I went to his place to ask him what the deal was. He has a huge library (probably comprised of books he stole from the neighbors) and offers me a different book in its place. :roll:

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm glad I don't live in an apartment. I can barely handle the constant barking from my neighbors dogs.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:59 am

Postby Candi Formaldehyde » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:07 pm

I strongly dislike the vast majority of dogs. I don't feel any affection for them. I've had bad experiences with dogs in the past, and while I know that it's not the same dog that attacked me, I can't help but feel apprehensive when I walk by an intimidating-looking dog.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Take before photos, especially anytime you first move into a rental or do any repairs. Get it documented. I have had a few people I know move into a place that needs repairs and then nothing gets done and when they have complained they were told they destroyed the place and would be charged to fix it!

I moved into a place that had dogs and the pee smell was so bad when the flooring was lifted up the boards underneath were stained from the dog pee. Cats are pretty bad for peeing too. I like the animals but not the messes they leave behind.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:59 pm

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Aw that's unfortunate and sorry that happened to you. I love all animals. I have three dogs and they are my babies. Not all dogs are like that, it just depends on how they were treated and raised. Some people shouldn't own animals and it makes me sad when I see an animal has attack someone. I don't see it as a reflection on the animal, but more on the owner.

Re: HP's Kingdom of Magical Muffins - Free Art on Page 5!

Postby Candi Formaldehyde » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 am

Some dogs are naturally aggressive and i think that sometimes it can't be helped. I wouldn't hurt a dog, but I'll cross the street when I see one if I have to.

I have a cat and I love him to death.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:00 am

Okay back to muffins. LOL

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:19 pm

has anyone tried the tiramasu cupcakes? Wonder if they make muffins in cupcake flavors

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:31 pm

What is tiramasu cupcakes?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:59 pm

OOPS, I misspelled it! Sorry for the confusion! Tiramisu cupcakes: as in a copy of the tiramisu italian cake for cupcakes but not made with the lady fingers cookies

[+] SPOILER
http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2012/03/tiramisu-cupcakes.html recipe below
Ingredients
Cake:
1 box White Cake Mix
2 egg whites
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup strong coffee
Filling:
8 oz mascarpone
1 tablespoon strong coffee
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Whipped Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint heavy whipping cream
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently whisk egg whites, egg, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Stir cake mix into wet ingredients.
5. Using half of the batter, fill cupcake liners about 1/3 full.
6. With the remaining cake batter, add the strong coffee and mix. (You may need to add 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken the batter.)
7. Scoop the coffee cake batter over the regular batter so that each cupcake liner is filled about 3/4. (So you have one layer of vanilla cake and a top layer of coffee cake.)
8. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
9. Filling: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl using a spoon.
10. Topping: Using a whisk attachment on your stand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Slowly add in heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
11. To assemble, cut a cone shaped piece of cake out the top of each cupcake (make sure cakes are cooled). Generously spoon in your filling. Pipe your whipped topping over the hole with the filling and top with chocolate shavings and cocoa powder.
Notes
*For my strong coffee, I mixed about 1/3 cup boiling water with 4-5 teaspoons instant coffee. Then I measured my coffee from that. Adjust recipe using more or less coffee depending on how much you like the flavor of it.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts