A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

HP's Kingdom of Magical Muffins - Come and chat!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: HP's Kingdom of Magical Muffins - Free Art on Page 5!

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 pm

No. I'm just dealing with a lot of anxiety problems and the medication I'm taking makes me really sleepy. I'm looking for a job and hopefully getting hired soon. *fingers crossed* So I will probably be working then sleeping a lot. xD

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 10:59 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 pm

I have personally found that sleep deprivation influences my ability to handle my anxiety. That and not eating healthy. Maybe by getting more sleep that will help you. Keep looking for the best in each day,and affirm yourself for the positive things you can do. I have a tendency to focus on the things I can't fix and stress over things that are out of my control or that are dependent on what some one else does. Anyway, the gut microbiome show I watched on NHK world emphasized how if we are deficient in the good bacteria in our intestines it causes us to be timid, fearful,lack assertiveness and effects our decision making. The enzymes the good bacteria (probiotics) release influences our brains. So I am looking into how to build up my good bacteria and see how that influences me.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:59 am

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:15 pm

I don't have problems getting enough sleep in fact I probably sleep too much. lol My ocd contributes to my anxiety. For instance I will fear my loved ones and pets are dead if they are late(or asleep and not moving) or something awful has happened to them. I count a lot in my mind from my ocd and unless I do it a certain way I have to do it again or something bad will happen. I know it's irrational, but I have to do those things to make myself feel even slightly better. I have deep rooted issues from my childhood and it's something I have to take a day at a time. I remember being so terrified of eating because I thought I was going to choke to death when I was seven. I also worried a lot about my parents dying when I was four. Another time I refused to step on the floor because I thought germs were going to kill me, I believe I was six then. There is many more instances like that. Those are just the ones I remember feeling the worse.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Hocus, I want to send you heart hugs, it is so sad how things in our childhood mess us up. I think our fears are made worse when they are based in reality - because my Father died in a car accident when I was 6 I also have struggled with fears of something bad happening to those I care about when they are late and I have had fears driving because of it. I am sad that you have had to endure so much anguish but it sounds like you are making progress. Recognizing and working to overcome the fears is small steps but large victories.

Postby Maro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 am

/rolls in/ yo people >x<

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:38 pm

It's page 5 - do we get a picture or drawing of magical muffins !?!?

You know, at first I thought it was Harry Potters kingdom of Magical Muffins...it took me awhile to realize it's Hocus Pocus' Kingdom of Magical Mufins! Argh, so silly of me.

Postby Maro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:57 am

haha same thing happened to me the very first time it was i saw the name.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Hocus: did you get the job? Everything ok?

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 pm

@lemon: Everything's okay, thank you for asking. I'm just trying to get ready for a math course. I have a learning disability in math so it's caused a lot of pain and stress for me over the past month. It's also the last class I have to take before I graduate. So I'm just trying to prepare myself for it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 pm

I am sorry, we have dyslexia in our family so I know math can be difficult and I am not the best at understanding math concepts myself. When needed, my youngest sister was able to have extra time to finish exams and for those that really struggle they are able to have an aide with them. Don't know if you are able to do that.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm in college and all they are offering me is tutoring, but everyone can get tutoring. I understand what I am doing in class and on homework, but I get a panic attack while taking the tests and forget everything completely. My last teacher told me there was noway I was studying as much as I was and still getting poor grades. I studied every night after class for about six hours. It's easy for a math teacher to say that math is easy and I should understand it, but I don't. If I don't pass this class I won't be able to get my degree, which is awful because I have completed all the courses required except this one. I'm supposed to be taking an online math version of the previous class I took last spring, I'm hoping I can get help from my family while taking the tests because I'm at my last hope/chance. I'm out of financial aid and this course is costing me 3,000 dollars.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Ouch! That is a lo of money for one course. Maybe someone on the site can help? There seem to be a few people who are good at it. What about Khan's academy that is online? I know some people found that helpful.

Of course that doesn't help if you can't calm yourself during the exam. I know what that is like though, you take the test and feel like you forgot everything and as soon as the test is over it's like it all starts popping in your head and you are like, how did I not get this?

Re: HP's Kingdom of Magical Muffins - Come and chat!

Postby Maro » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:39 am

hello everyone

Postby Fiel-kun » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Wohooo! I love muffins!
Can I have some? tee-hee!

Hello guys :)

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:59 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm responsible for what I post.
You're responsible for what you understand.

| He/Him | Scorpio | Philippines +8 GMT |
:L_Wing: Play & Interact with my pets :R_Wing:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:04 pm

Well I haven't posted in here in a couple of months, but hi.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts