A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn (rest for the weary soul)

Postby Ina » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 pm

yeah ;v; ive been taking a lot of small steps towards living i guess ;v;
ive struggled with depression (probably major) for a few years now and its really messed up a lot of things for me ;v; but ive been slowly trying to get back in control, its just a lot of work

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 12:45 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:59 pm

depression can be a life long battle but part part of overcoming the depression ( or keeping it in check) is feeling like you have at least some control in your life which helps you to feel like you aren't a mess up or letting people down (unless your depression is from missing someone but that too needs some control over the issue).

You can always try chocolate ( just kidding, but sometimes it gives you a relaxing feeling to sit and eat something you enjoyand just enjoy and be grateful in that moment)

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 11:45 pm

Postby Ina » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:07 pm

yeah i know a lot of it is control and thats what were starting with with my counesling ;v; is figuring out how to get control
cause for a very long time i just pretended i wasnt depressed and never liked thinking i actually had it, which just made it get even worse cause i never treated it for like, 4 years

and lol i just had some of a chocolate orange

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:58 pm

I think its great you are recognizing you are struggling and that you are getting someone to help you talk things out and work out how you view things and have someone that can help you to make positive steps... don't get discouraged. Evaluate what steps you have in your control and what you can handle - get enough sleep, (sleep deprivation changes our perspective dramatically), eat healthy and especially stay hydrated (dehydration changes our thinking ) because these all affect our ability to handle stress.

Sadness, disappointment, frustration will always be a part of our life its how we manage it that makes the difference. Always know that when you are discouraged there will be brighter days ahead and I always remind myself that God doesn't give me more then I can handle and if I trust him that he can give me grace to handle the situation.Everyone struggles at sometime or other and we all fall short of expectations but how we react determines whether we overcome and win the battle. I hope you learn to arm your self with some skills that help you not just cope but wins some battles.

Postby Watery Star » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:24 am

I'm glad you're seeing a consular to help you manage your depression and anxiety.
Do you keep a journal? I find it helps me sort things out. Maybe you can write about the things you need done and things you've accomplished. Any little achievement can lift your spirits.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 1:45 am

Postby Mys » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:14 am

Ooo wow 46 min guys

Postby Ina » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:30 am

lol sorry about making the thread about depression ;v; im not even really feeling too bad as of late cause of a whole bunch of crap i got off my chest for once
this is the third time in the year that ive gotten rid of something toxic and didnt realize how much it was until it was all done >:0 why does life do that its not fun

but tbh i havent really been 'sad' about it or anything ;v; recently as in, the last week ahha... its just sorta, an ugly part of me i bring up every once and a while ;c; cause i hate hiding the fact that im not mentally healthy

were getting there mys!!!! man i cant wait

Postby Watery Star » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Beta is here?!?

Don't worry about it. It's good to talk about it. Good to hear you're not sad and that you've gotten rid of negativity from your life.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 1:45 am

Postby galled » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:34 pm

No worries. Friends listen when you need to talk, and sometimes we all need to talk.

Here's something that I've found to be very useful: Science knows that being happy can make you smile, but we also know that forcing a smile can cause your brain to generate happiness chemistry. The body-mind connection is a two-way street. When you understand this idea, the world changes for you.

So another way to look at it is you're not hiding anything, but training your mind and body to be and feel better. Call is positive energy, flow of nature, the force! (LOL), whatever. We control a lot more of who we are and how we feel than many believe or realize .

At any measure, we're happy that you're happy! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 pm

trying to look on the bright side and keep a positive attitude, I saw a thread for that. Understanding from friends and family is important too, I hope you have that. This site certainly seems to have a lot of positivity, which should be enough to make any one smile!

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 10:45 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Windlyn makes me smile!!

Postby Gingerale » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

I'm going to have a big smile when my beta egg hatches!

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 10:45 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:14 pm

I can't wait, I can't wait

Postby Ina » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:57 pm

my internet is really slow today i Do Not Like
i jsut wanna listen to music and chat without any awful loading times >:0

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:02 pm

I was having internet problems the other day and had to go do other things.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts