A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby NerdyAliCat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:32 pm

It's getting warmer here but I still refuse to trade in my jeans for shorts!

Local time: Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:49 am

<chuckles> I was wearing shorts one day and was told my legs were too white...probably because I generally wear pants and am indoors most of the time!

Wear what feels comfortable to you, Ali!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 10:33 am

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 am

We had a nice day today after so many days of rain. Apparently an ex-hurricane is on the way tomorrow!

When I wear shorts I usually wear tights or leggings. I just feel more comfortable.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:33 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:07 am

I can't wear anything tight...it's like my body screams to get out of it. I think it is a sensory thing.

Postby okokok » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:56 pm

I find jeans to be the restrictive and way too tight option. Tights usually feel like a second skin or nothing at all. But maybe it's because I was forced to wear nylons as a child. Not fun to wear nylons and socks under jeans. smh Russian parents. smh.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:33 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:41 pm

nylons under clothes sounds like something we did in the winter to keep warmer.

Postby okokok » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:26 am

Yeah, that makes sense! But what about nylons under clothing, regardless of season? (8
It wasn't very comfortable when you're trying to be like the other kids either. No one understood the whole nylon thing.

Postby Akuyi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:08 am

Hmmm I can't wear most tight pants because I'll get a rash. Other than that, I like tight pants.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 6:33 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:16 pm

We wore nylons in the winter to looked "tanned".

I can't wear certain materials because they are irritating (like polyester).

Postby okokok » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:43 pm

That makes sense, kind of. But how did you make your arms appear tanned? Isn't not like people will look at your legs and assume you're tanned, when your arms and face are pale. o:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Lol, never thought about it...then again we had tanning cream. :wink:

Postby svetlana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:58 am

Nylon stockings/pantyhose are commonly used with skirts, short-shorts, and dresses where I'm from. Either nude or black color depending on your outfit; it can look quite nice. It's also good for when you want to wear short things but haven't shaved your legs. Girls here put a lot of effort into their appearances.

As for tanning, arms and shoulders are usually more exposed to sunlight and are the first to darken. I'd look like a Frankenstein because my arms, back, legs, and stomach would all be different colors from uneven sunburns or tans. There's an expression which translates to "your tan is measured by the whiteness of your ass".

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm

My arms are definitely more tanned then the rest of my body. I get sunburned on the face pretty quickly...but I swear the sun goes through the clothes except on my legs!

Postby svetlana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Are you very light skinned? I am, and I burn easily. When we didn't have aloe vera, we used sour cream or yogurt to treat sunburns. Still not sure which works better.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:23 pm

I've used apple before, (slice it and dab), the malic acid,(I think it is), seems to help the burn from being too bad. I have an aloe vera plant but I actually prefer the jars of it you can buy since they spread much easier. Never heard of using sour cream or yogurt...does it sour?

I'm not a red head and white but I do burn before I tan...that kind of light. I wish I had olive colored skin...I am so jealous of those people who always have a nice glow to their skin.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts