A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby Mouse » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:20 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEMON!!

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 3:32 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:43 pm

Yay! Thank you Mouse! :heart:

I've had a lovely day <just a little stuffed>...lots of good wishes, phone calls, time with family ...and cake! :wink:

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 am

Postby Juniperr » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:25 pm

Happy birthday Lemon!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:23 pm

Aw Thanks Juniperr! I plan on celebrating all week!

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:02 am

I'm happy you had a lovely birthday. What type of cake did you have? :)

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 11:32 am

Postby npixelz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:51 am

I'm glad you had fun! Now, let's start the Windlyn party! *snaps fingers and doors open revealing dozens of boys and girls all dressed in pale yellowish suits and dresses and carrying trays full of lemon themed desserts, while tables appear all with wonderful arrays of food and drink, followed by a stage with performers singing, playing instruments, and dancing for everyone's delight. Then, balloons and streamers get flown in and hoisted up by a bunch of fairies all dressed in lemon inspired dresses and suits*

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 6:32 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Thanks Npixelz ~ remind me to hire you for a party!

MissAutumn, my coworkers brought in a white cake with a cream filling and buttercream icing and a chocolate layered Mousse cake, then a good friend brought a chocolate strawberry layered mousse cake, and I got a free giant slice of chocolate cake with mounds of whipped cream from the take out dinner. So I have to say I am all caked out!

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:09 pm

Npixelz knows how to throw a party.

That's so much cake! They sounded delicious. :cheer:

Postby ObviouslynotHyeri » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 pm

belated happy birthday lemon :'D (iunno if im too late)

:L_Wing: ♦♦ BACK TO SLEEP HIATUS AGAIN ♦♦ :R_Wing:

ImageImage

baby Riri ♥ (sleeping) | Ghost mode | Inactive

Postby npixelz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:49 am

Np! I wish I could do that irl, lol!
Oh nice! Sounds like you had a lot of cake, lol!

I try!
Indeed, and now I'm hungry because of it!

Never too late for birthday wishes and celebration!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:40 am

Heryi ~ I like to celebrate the whole week! Thank you for the wishes!! Never too late to wish someone the best!

Postby npixelz » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:38 am

Exactatactaly! But why stop there? Celebrate your birthday month!

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:04 am

Not much time left for this month.

Speaking of cakes, I've eaten so many wedding cake samples today. So full lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:11 am

Speaking of not much time left... does it look like things are going to open up for your wedding plans then MissAutumn ?

What types of cake were you thinking of? The carrot, pound or fruit cakes are heavier cakes that the leftovers can be frozen for later use or were you wanting to go light with a sponge type? Buttercream or fondant? I had a small tier cake for photo's and cutting and then a sheet white cake with cream filling for giving out to the guests at the reception. We also did the old fashioned tradition of wrapping a small piece of fruit cake in a colored tinfoil and lace doily tied with a ribbon. The tradition is you are supposed to sleep on it and dream of the person you are to marry. My Mom really wanted it so we did them up, but I have to confess I do like her recipe for fruit cake so I ate the remainders, you can freeze them. A heavy fruitcake will actually last up to 3 yrs frozen.

Here's another tradition fro the fruit cake:
[+] SPOILER
" since the wedding cakes were generally made of fruitcake, which would store well, and because the first baby often arrived within a year or so of the wedding, it became traditional to save the top part of the wedding cake to eat in celebration of the couple's first child." :wink:

Here's a funny tradition for wedding cake:
[+] SPOILER
The origins of the wedding cake dates back to ancient Rome, when weddings concluded with the groom breaking a loaf of barley bread over the bride's head, symbolizing fertility. Guests would scramble to pick up the crumbs in order to take home some of that good luck

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:24 pm

The wedding is going ahead so we're having a mad rush to get everything organised. It was only announced last week that indoor receptions could happen in Wales (wedding ceremonies have been resumed from July). We're only allowed to have 30 people max (including us). We've had our first lot of banns read today - 2 more to go! The ceremony is going to be shorter than usual but I don't mind.

The reception can only be a sit down meal, and the only music we can have is for the first dance.

We're picking a lemon sponge with fondant icing. I think I'm the only one who likes fruit cake lol, so going with what the majority likes. Plus the baker says she uses a recipe that needs 6 months of maturing so a bit late to go with a fruit cake layer. The decorations are going to be autumn woodland themed that will match our wedding stationery. :heart:

I've never heard of that tradition. That's quite cute. I had no idea you could freeze them that long. Haha at that Roman one.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts